A few quick PSP 3000 questions

BassTek

Supreme [H]ardness
I have a few gift cards and was thinking of getting a PSP 3000 with them. I have a few questions, did a quick search on the net but didn't find much so If figured I'd ask here.

1. Can the latest PSP 3000 firmware have homebrew enabled?
2. If enabled, can I still use integration features with the PS3?
3. What cool integration features do the PS3/PSP have anyway?

Thanks!

1. No.
2. Yes.
3. Not sure. The only thing I know of is that you can download PSN games onto your PS3, then transfer them onto the PSP.

All the new PSP-3000's come with firmware that won't allow homebrew. You'd have to buy a used one or somehow find one that was a launch model (5.03 firmware or earlier).

Thanks for the answers. I'll have to think it over, still might grab one even though it's locked down but it would be nice to have one that supports homebrew.

I'd recommend a PSP. Really like the games personally, and battery time is amazing!

But if you don't plan on renting games through GameFly, get a PSP Go. It's better build quality and the screen looks better.

For homebrew, you don't have the have the latest firmware to play the new games. If you buy a PSP 3000, you can put CFW on it right away (provided you haven't updated online) and be done. But from what I understand, you can't download stuff from the PSN store with custom firmware (read that online, so not too sure)

Back