A couple Abit IP35 Pro bios questions

Apathy

Gawd
Yea so my Saitek Eclipse keyboard died on me a couple of weeks ago. I thought it might have been something going on with Vista, but all the problems i was having turned out to be just a faulty peripheral.

Long story short, the keyboard somehow managed to delete my video card drivers, as well as my anti-virus/firewall settings. Not sure how the hell that happened, but I have since tested the keyboard on another PC, and it is giving it the same issues... RMA time.

Anyway, when I was trying to solve the problems I was having, I ended up resetting the bios to default settings which cleared out my overclock and various other customized this and that. And to make it annoying, apparently I either didn't save my bios profile, or it was deleted, so i have no idea how to reconfigure it for optimal use.

--So far I've set the overclock back to 9x400 for the 3600 clock.
--Changed the RAM to 1:1 for 800mhz
--Upped the Vcore to 1.46

Now I've checked in CPU-Z and originally had upped the voltage to 1.55 but I saw Vcore actually hitting 1.52 during load, so I turned it down to 1.46 because I can't remember what it was originally at. It might have been 1.48. I know the Q6600 is rated to top out at 1.5, but something about Vdroop comes to mind, can't really remember that either.

Ive checked old posts and looked around, but I really can't find anything to give me a clear idea of how to modify the bios to work optimally.

Couple things I remember need to be changed a certain way:
(the names may be a bit off since i cant remember the bios exactly)

--CPU1E (and various other settings in this same drop down menu)
--Vcore
--PCI Express mhz (100 - 200 was available to choose from)
--Also trying to locate the Legacy USB Support option.

Any and all help is much appreciated.

Been a while since I looked at the IP35 Pro BIOs but IIRC, PCI-E speed was to be kept around 101Mhz (Make sure you get a second confirmation before you do that though).

But other than that, can't remember either

word, thanks Danny. Without dudes like you, silent-circuit, and enginurd around here, how the hell would [H] ever make it through the night.

Ya'll have been lifesavers ever since i can remember. I'll be lookin around some more to see if I can locate some optimization threads for the board.

Thanks for the quick response bro.

Back