A comparison: 193P Plus vs VP191b

Hello guys.

I am writing this on my new 193P+ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bought it at Compusa and got like 4 rebates for a total of $200 in savings. I'm gonna have to sell the video processor on ebay though.

This monitor is just beautiful. On screen and on the outside. Wonderful colors and brightness. Absolutely no dead pixels that I can notice so far.

Got a chance to try it on CS: Source and there was absolutely no blurring or ghosting. I don't know if CS source is fast action enough but it is as fast as my old CRT.

I'll inform you guys of more observations.

$200 in rebates from Compusa? Was that at the physical store or online? Because it's $100 off with rebate for a grand total of $499 right now? How much did you get it for?

well when I say $200 I meant you add in the extra $100 rebate for buying the viewsonic video processor. It costs 99.99 and you get 100 rebate. You can probably sell it on ebay for 60-70 may be more. So I should say 160 rebate! sorry.

It is already a given that the 193P+ is perhaps the best in terms of picture quality, brightness, and view angles. It is a newly released panel and yet it costs around $200 less than when the original 193P was initially in the market. All of this is a fact so far.

But now, some ( all? ) 193P+ owners here are claiming to see no ghosting/blurring when playing fast-paced games. They're even telling us that the 193P+ doesn't ghost any less than Viewsonic's 4-8 ms displays. ( thus implying that the 193P+ is the best 19 inch lcd out there for both pictures AND games )

So then why aren't there people recommending the 193P+ in threads where the OP wants to know which 19 incher is the best for games? In such threads, people only keep recommending the LD90+ or 930b but I hardly ever see a mention of the 193P+.

Because not enough people have 193P+s yet. Many paople have bought L90D+, etc., so there is a much larger body of voices with good experiences with the monitors that have been around longer.

I can't recommend a product to someone until I have had a chance to use for a long time.
I just purchased the 193P+ recently--2 days old in fact. But so far it is VERY VERY good.

CS: Source has not given me any ghosting at all with this baby.

I can see picture clarity that I didn't think was possible.

Did I mention that it is a beautiful monitor?

Keep me posted on the 193p+ and the deals for it guys! There's a good chance I will pick it up soon if I can get more comfirmation that ghosting is not an issue for CS:S, BF2 and CS 1.6 (I play it with my friend and most have crappy comps).

Back