• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

a change in my audio setup

Riddleofsteel

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 4, 2007
Messages
1,983
I am planning on getting a second video card soon. The video cards will have third party coolers that use fans that exhaust air into the case, which isn't the problem. The problem is that my Titanium HD will be starving my second video card for air as it is in the pci-e 16x slot just below where the second video card will be. There are a few choices here.

A) One is that I remove my pci-e 1x intel network card. Then I could put the Titanium HD in that slot, hopefully it would fit. I don't know if I'd get higher pings in games though.

B) I could also just sell off my titanium hd and get an external solution like the Corsair gaming headphones. But then if I have company over I wouldn't be able to let them hear my games. Then I would need speakers for gaming, but what would I connect them to?

Any input on the best course of action would be great. Thank you.

EDIT: I should point out that I don't have "on-board" sound. My motherboard is the MSI Big Bang Xpower and the sound is provided by a separate addon card.
 
Last edited:
Yeah, I found a link through a google search that showed a guy who tested a realtek integrated nic and an intel nic and they were pretty much neck to neck through all the tests, with a slight lead to the realtek. Might be an isolated case, but tomorrow I'll see if I can fit the Titanium HD in the slot previously occupied by my Intel NIC.
 
it's hit or miss... I've had really crappy performing realteks and good performing realteks.. either way, it wouldn't hurt to just run some big transfers and make sure you don't get any disconnects.
 
Go with the X-Fi. You might get EMI noise like I did with my previous build. That was just with analogue though.

You have speakers already right?
 
Yeah, I have some low-end speakers. I do want to upgrade, though. Was eyeballing the corsair 2.1 speaker set, and I need to investigate Energy (the brand) as well as Arx. My current speakers can't use spdif/toslink, which is why I use RCA cables.
 
Back
Top