A+ Cert Prices

In 2000, I think I paid $140 for both tests. Best advice is to just go to CompTIA's website and find a testing center through them.

I generally don't trust a company with "4less" in their title, but that's just me.

www.getcertify4less.com is a good company, I've used them a couple of times and I've been very satisfied.

Here's the last one I got from them:
Hello,
Thank you for ordering Network+ Test Order Pearson VUE. Here is your voucher number as proof of payment to VUE.

Voucher # Expiration date ( mm/dd/yy )
XXXXXXXXXXXX 6/30/06

Test MUST be taken by expiration date.
To schedule your test with VUE Please call

1-877-5517587 OR visit http://www.vue.com

I passed, btw. :D

Prove me wrong children, prove me wrong.

How was the test, I've been wanting to get certified for awhile. Any tips?

Network+ was a lot easier than I had expected, there was only one question on the OSI model; a whole lot of questions were about media speed ratings and distance(fiber, coax, ethernet, etc). A+ hardware was insanely easy, OS was harder for me.

BTW, I hate your name. Jackass :p

coolrunnings said:
Yeah, what's the matter with Mesa?

heh, i think it's just as bad as Tempe... let's all move to scottsdale and buy ourselves ferraris :p

Screw that, I'm going over to AJ so I can get my teeth knocked out and tweek by a gas station all day. :D

Protoform-X said:
Network+ was a lot easier than I had expected, there was only one question on the OSI model; a whole lot of questions were about media speed ratings and distance(fiber, coax, ethernet, etc). A+ hardware was insanely easy, OS was harder for me.

They easied up the Net+ on the last revision, but it's never been a tough exam. I always get nervous before any exam, but I was "Is this it?" when I did the net+.
The Sec+ is slightly harder, but that's mostly because it's based more on "best practice" rather than black and white standards, so there's a lot of "All of these answers are right, which is the most right?" type questions.

All the Comptia exams are quite practical, in that if you've got any kind of experience you can breeze them, unlike MS exams, where experience can be counter-productive because the right way=the microsoft way= the way without right-clicking or using hoykeys/shortcuts or non default settings

Protoform-X said:

Hahaha after all the years I've used this screenname, you are the first person to say something about it. I lived in mesa for 10 years and hated it. Now I live in gilbert, less then 10 miles from where I did in mesa. Go figure :rolleyes: .

What's a good place to get practice exams?

Yeah, I know I can search for it. When I try, I invariably end up with piles of harvesting sites, link spam, and so on. I'm looking for a good referral.

My friend lives in Scottsdale and loves it. But he's not rich... lol.

Interested to see where some good practice exams are just like the person above me.

Protoform-X said:
Heh, I'm looking at moving to Gilbert in a couple of weeks. Why did you hate Mesa?

Gilbert's where it's at. Mesa always felt super ghetto to me. If you went to far east or west it was instant little Mexico. Just my opinion though. Gilbert just feels a little classier, people actually mow their lawns, etc. :eek:

Heh, we're in a newer part of east mesa, it's a LOT nicer than the homes just a half mile away. Our house is more than 4000 sq ft, where as some houses outside of the community are trash heaps and/or mobile homes.

I used to live right by Mountain View high school, they were nice homes, it just seemed like you couldn't step outside your neighborhood without interrupting a crack deal or something.

Back