I'm looking into a build for mostly running simulations and tests. The simulations will likely be both CPU and CUDA based.
I'm wondering when if Sandy Bridge is the right CPU or does Intel have something more suited to my needs coming in the near horizon (in 2011).
One of the key features of the build would be upgrade-ability. I would like to have the option to upgrade the CPU 2-3 years down the line. I will occasionally game, but 99% of the time I'll be running sims and tests.
I'm wondering when if Sandy Bridge is the right CPU or does Intel have something more suited to my needs coming in the near horizon (in 2011).
One of the key features of the build would be upgrade-ability. I would like to have the option to upgrade the CPU 2-3 years down the line. I will occasionally game, but 99% of the time I'll be running sims and tests.
Last edited: