A 6lt mITX Cube Design

theGryphon

[H]ard|Gawd
So, I've been brainstorming about a mITX case for ITX size GPUs and SFX PSUs.
I posted one such idea here: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1848632, but I've had many more that I didn't post.

All of them had, what you might call a drawback of requiring a PCI-E riser. Now it seems risers are becoming more and more reliable but still I figure when it comes to mass production, reliability can be more of a problem, and the case designer/producer may have to deal with a ton of headache and backlash. Significant cost increases are also of concern.

So, I decided to look into what can be done to design the smallest possible case that can keep an ITX mobo, an ITX sized GPU and an SFX PSU at reasonable long-term operating temperatures. The layout I came up with is no surprise, but a few design decisions can set it apart from cases with similar layouts.

The philosophy and motivation behind the design is:
1) Minimalism
2) K.I.S.S.
3) Handsome looks

Not resorting to a PCI-E riser and power cord extension is the first step towards this philosophy, and other design decisions (will) follow the same.

I'll keep updating this post with changes to the design, and resulting model.

Links to Sketchfab:
Case with SSDs: https://skfb.ly/CEMO
Case with HDD: https://skfb.ly/CI99
Case with the cover on: https://skfb.ly/CEMQ

Pics for completeness:
Angled front:
2zqh0dt.jpg

Angled back:
5fm1hx.jpg

Back angled:
jhtq2e.jpg

With HDD:
204cvk.jpg

Covered:
35anlat.jpg

Some more detail:
  • Case dimensions are 210(H) x 157(W) x 197(D) = 6.50 lts.
  • The case has two main components, made of 2mm thick brushed aluminum; the U-shaped top-side-bottom piece, and the L-shaped side-front piece.
  • On the front, there is a 1mm thick steel panel reaching top to bottom, attaching the U-shaped piece via screws.
  • On the back, there is another 1mm thick steel panel for rigidity of the case and to properly support the PSU and GPU.
  • The L-shaped panel is to attach to the U-shaped piece using two Lian-Li style push pins on the front, and two thumbscrews on the back.
  • There are no motherboard cut-outs. Motherboard sits on the built-in 8.3 mm-tall stand-offs. Great clearance for behind-the-mobo storage units and overall airflow!
  • The L-shaped panel has a 135x135mm vented area on the front, and about 135x155mm vented area on the side (for the PSU).
  • The top side of the U-Shaped piece is to have a 135x155mm vented area for GPU to breathe in.
  • The bottom of the case is to be un-vented, solid.
  • No case feet, only very thin non-slip stick-on rubber.
  • The 140mm fan shown in the model is 15mm thick. It should be more than adequate to supply fresh air for the system. Fan won't be included with case.
  • I'm thinking Lian-Li style vents all around (except for the back): https://plus.google.com/photos/1065...6028331707095139090&oid=106531253135633425031
  • No front audio or USB (sorry to disappoint, if at all). There is only a power button / activity led combo on the top, as shown.
  • The total clearance for the CPU cooler is 70mm. Up to 60mm cooler height (including fan) should be quite healthy for airflow.
  • The total clearance for the GPU length is 189.5mm. Up to 189mm should fit, thanks to completely open GPU access.
  • In case anyone's wondering, using 122mm-tall GPU (and assuming the power connector is flush with the PCB), there is 17.73mm clearance for PCI-E power cable(s).
  • Up to three 7mm-thick 2.5" drives as shown are to be installed on a bracket that attaches on the bottom of the case.
  • Optionally, a single 1" thick 3.5" HDD can be installed on the bottom of the case, as shown. HDD leaves 41mm clearance (from motherboard PCB) for daughter cards (ASUS Impact and previous Deluxe series would fit). Intended for those who may want to couple a large HDD with m2 / mSATA.
  • There is clearance for thin, magnetic fan filters that users can install on the front, on the side, and on the top (on the top, a magnetic tape is required).
  • The PSU shown is SFX-L sized, although the model is not accurate. I believe SFX-L should be the PSU of choice in this case.
  • If it wasn't yet clear, I'm thinking Lian-Li as the manufacturer.

Depending on the response here, I will put more effort/time in this project. I have no funds for a prototype to be built, so I definitely rely on crowd support to get anything done. I really want to this project to succeed, so any offer for help is appreciated.

So, shoot, what do you think? :)

Last edited:
Hmm. I like the two piece design, but how are they attached?

To quote from above:
  • On the front, a 1mm thick steel panel reaching top to bottom is to be installed, attaching the U-shaped piece via screws. This panel is to have a width of about 120mm, and the front 80mm fans are to be installed on it as shown. So, to clarify, this steel panel on the front does not cover the whole front.
  • On the back, there is to be another 1mm thick steel panel for rigidity of the case and to properly support the PSU.
  • The L-shaped panel is to attach to the steel panel on the front using Lian-Li style push pins, and via two thumbscrews to the steel panel on the back.

If only I could draw better :)

Edit: The L-shaped panel is to have a small lip at the back so it attaches to the steel backpanel with thumscrews.

Edit2: I'm thinking about using a single 140mmx15mm fan on the front instead of two 80mmx15mm fans; it should do much better. I had thought about it before but my concern was clearance for PSU cables. Looking at the model again, I think it should work even with SFX-L. I'll update the first post with 140mm fan.

Last edited:
Very cool! The layout reminds me of OSMI, but the airflow concept is quite a bit different. It's astounding how much space there is between the Mainboard and the PSU, there would probably even be space for a full ATX PSU. I think will work out nicely!

Very cool! The layout reminds me of OSMI, but the airflow concept is quite a bit different. It's astounding how much space there is between the Mainboard and the PSU, there would probably even be space for a full ATX PSU. I think will work out nicely!

With an ATX psu I'd expect that CPU cooler choice would be very limited.

It's fine idea but I don't think you should be going commercial with this, only for yourself if you really want to build a unique one. The reason is there were already few cubes as such shown at CES this year. This construction gets so obvious when there's more ITX sized cards coming out that unless you can make it really fast you won't make money on it.

ces-2015-boitier-deepcool-itx-noname.jpg
ces-2015-boitier-deepcool-itx-noname-1.JPG

ces-2015-boitier-deepcool-itx-noname-2.JPG
ces-2015-boitier-deepcool-itx-noname-3.JPG

http://www.cowcotland.com/news/45697/ces-2015-boitier-deepcool-itx-noname.html

By the way can you tell where did you get those nice highly detailed models? I couldn't find ITX sized cards on grabcad. Is there an alternate resource location I should check out?

^ I've seen that Deepcool Noname. It's quite ambitious. But if you look carefully,

1) It's not wide enough to support "tall profile" cards, so to me, it's DOA.
2) With the PSU and CPU cooler fighting for air, much smaller gap in between, and no direct forced airflow, the motherboard area is bound to get really toasty, really fast.
3) Combining the two above, it's easy to see that that case was designed with a whole different mentality and purpose than mine.

To summarize, I think telling me to not go commercial is extremely premature, and it's way harsher than someone telling you SaperPL, Necere, iFreilicht and everyone who's working on a Steambox style case to drop what they're doing, because Silverstone already has RVZ01, FTZ01, RVZ02, FTZ02...

Edit: I found the GPU model at 3D warehouse from within Sketch up. It wasn't sized correctly, so I modified it to match tall profile 122mm cards. I also made it a bit longer at 175mm.

Last edited:
Yeah, that case is a mess but the point is small cubes are out there already and case manufacturers started noticing ITXsized cards and making them dual-slot (the smaller ones with config like yours) and those already dual slot with space for full length cards, smaller, you'll have hard time selling out.

Unless of course you can make something highly appealing and exclusive like M1 that will bring you customers.

Here's another one

http://video.newegg.com/v/1088724741/rosewill-mini-itx-v6-computer-case-overview-newegg-tv-/
ImgPrd-2544-Cb[b4c5725b38f1448bbaca297bd0b1283c].jpg

With the PSU attached to the front wall but still the same general idea and good airflow.

With our steambox style cases the problem is little different - RVZ02 is still 10L case and as I remember it doesn't support SFX-L. All three of us try to make something that is extremely small while supporting SFX-L and high-end VGA's. In this way we're somehow competitive to RVZ02 which is 3L bigger, ugly and doesn't support quiet SFX-L PSU's.

You on the other hand are trying to make small case with a really common configuration that will be just a little smaller than commercially available ones and probably three times more expensive because of the lian-li manufacturing it as small batch.

If you were to manufacture it by yourself with some local machining shop it would be a complete different story because you don't need any additional components such as risers, cables, VGA supports etc, so you could design it for simple manufacturing and drop the price.

I didn't want to be harsh and I believe You did want honest responses.

edit: thanks for info on models

That Rosewill V6 is 12.6 LTS!

Show me a ~6lt cube case that comes close in capability, and I'll stop right now. Until then, my analogy above is valid.

I do want honest responses.

Don't let SaperPL bring you down, I think you should try it. Not only that your case has just 6L, but design plays an important role, too. How many Midi Towers are on the market with the exact same layout? Thousands! And still, some just look better than others, have little things that set them apart from the crowd, and suddenly they sell significantly better.

This cube has a very minimal design and a minimal volume, and while I'm not in the market for it, there are not many <7L cases with this kind of component compatibility, if any. One of the smallest cases for mITX and SFX right now is the LianLi PC-Q12 at 6.7L, but that doesn't allow for a GPU.
I believe the design has potential.

Just one thing I would change: You said you're not going to vent the top. Why don't you turn the case upside down so the GPU is on top? That way it could draw air directly from the outside, so you could make the case even smaller and you wouldn't need any ugly feet, just small anti-slip stickers, so you'd be reducing the cost, too.

I agree with SaperPL on the manufacturing, though. Your simple design has potential to be easily manufactured by a local metalworking shop, as the parts needed aren't many but simple.

I was just thinking, given that a lot (all?) of the mini-ITX video cards with short PCBs aren't blower-style fans, having it up top would allow it to work with just fresh air, and if it can vent out the top then heat won't get trapped there either.

Putting it on the bottom would result in a lot of hot air circulating in that small space.

That Rosewill V6 is 12.6 LTS!
You're right!

I think I've seen at least 3 cases like that in the news, something like short , ~7L SG05 cases.

Somehow, while watching closely newly released and upcoming cases there were lots of ones like this but most of them eventually come out wasting space and being 9L or more.

As for the deepcool noname - I think the extended PCB cards will fit and if you turn fan around on low profile cooler there won't be any fighting for air.

I still believe there's a higher chance you'll loose the race when case manufacturers wake up to support ITX sized cards if you go with lian-li manufacturing.

Maybe I've got different definition of commercial success on this.

Thanks for the suggestions guys! ;)
I think flipping the case upside-down will be for the better really!

honesly you just basically made a jobsbo v3+

No he didn't. I don't understand how people fail to see such significant differences. The V3+ is quite a bit larger because it uses a full ATX PSU, and it has poor airflow design for the GPU when using the HDD mounts.
This case has space for two 2.5" SSDs/HDDs above the SFX PSU, significantly decreasing volume and increasing cooling capability for the GPU.

What do you mean it won't support a reg. profile card? It is 6.1811 inches wide & a reg. profile card is 4.5ish inches (add a tiny bit for standing in the MB). The only prob. with the Element Q (5.1 inches tall) is cards hit it to close to the top, so the PCI-E power connector won't fit.

What do you mean it won't support a reg. profile card? It is 6.1811 inches wide & a reg. profile card is 4.5ish inches (add a tiny bit for standing in the MB). The only prob. with the Element Q (5.1 inches tall) is cards hit it to close to the top, so the PCI-E power connector won't fit.

Most mITX GPUs have a higher profile, and the Deepcool case won't fit those because of the PEG connectors.

(EDIT: GPUs, not PSUs)

Last edited:
OP updated!

Flipped the case!
Dropped the whiny 80mm fans (what was I thinking?)!
Added a single 140mm fan!
Added the steel panels I've been describing!
Case volume is at 6.5 lts! I believe a few mm's can be dropped in height, there maybe no point in doing so...

Looking forward to some comments, thanks!

Last edited:
I'd advise few things about your images:
1) Don't stretch stuff, power supply on the first one looks stretched
2) If you're gonna put description to the image make sure image is below, not next to it.
3) try using large thumbnails with links to the big images instead of putting full images in the middle of the text. Alternatively make them hidden

Apart from that drives placement in the middle of three hot objects look like a bad idea to me.

thermic-imaging-radeon-hd-4870.jpg

Because of this I have weird alternate drive configurations and probably that's one of the things that been stalling Necere with his LRPC.
If you cover the back of the card closely you might fry the card and putting drives on top of card might fry them too.

I like the new flipped version a lot better!

Any thoughts about dust filtering of the air intake for the gpu?

Apart from that drives placement in the middle of three hot objects look like a bad idea to me.

Don't forget the 140mm front fan though; I'd like to think it would cool the back of the graphics card and the drives sufficiently?

Personally I'd use an M.2 SSD in this case, so it wouldn't matter anyway.

Yeah, I know that there's a fan placed. I just think that you shouldn't rely that much on a fan. Design should consider that fan might fail, slow down or stop somehow for a moment and it shouldn't let the components fry the SSD drive.

While GPU has a lot higher max temperature before it halts, I believe ssd will fry there already before it happens.

Well yeah, I guess you're right about that.

Last time I checked, 70+ (was it 75?) deg C was the max allowed for an ssd, I think it was a Samsung 840 Pro. And a lot lower than that for rotating rust buckets of course. :)

I have to agree with SaperPL, the SSDs should probably sit below the PSU, not above it. I think he exaggerates on the thermal effects of them sitting closer to the GPU, but why take a risk?

@SaperPL the PSU is stretched to show that SFX-L can fit in this case, because there was no model of the SX500 available. I agree that it looks cheesy, but it allows to see what we're dealing with easier.

Also note that PCIe brackets are screwed in from the outside of the bend, so your current backpanel design has the lip on the wrong side.

I'm also curious as to how you will attach the SSDs in this position. placing them on the bottom would make that much easier.

Thanks for the comments guys!

1) SSD's are going below the PSU. I wasn't thinking of heat as that much of a concern, but peace of mind is priceless :)

2) @ SaperPL: PSU image is stretched, but I have no plans to actually stretch the PSU. With lack of an SFX-L sized model, I quickly resized it to match SFX-L. But seriously, you're even bothering to comment about that?? :rolleyes:

3) I like the pictures sized as they are. Case is small, but pictures are big! :D I'll put the captions on top though.

4) @backfeed, yeah bro, I'm thinking about making the vented area on top 140mmx140mm and make it possible to attach a 140mm fan filter.

I'm liking Silverstone's magnetic thin-mesh filters. They're thin (less than 2mm) and well, they're magnetic! So, I'm thinking about screwing in thin steel strips of metal on to the top from inside with tiny sunk screws (so the whole thing is flat) to create a 140mmx140mm square. The magnet on the filter is way stronger than to carry itself. The whole thing would be less than 3mm.

5) @iFreilicht, keen eyes! Yeah, I noticed I put the lip at the wrong place as soon as I was finished, but it was too late and I was too sleepy to fix it. I'll surely fix it.

You gotta understand something guys, I'm a noob at Sketchup and it takes me much longer to draw than it would an advanced user. I'm sure I'm taking the longest possible way to draw, in the slowest possible way, lol.

Thanks for all the input! Keep it coming! ;) :cool:

Thanks for the comments guys!

1) SSD's are going below the PSU. I wasn't thinking of heat as that much of a concern, but peace of mind is priceless :)

2) @ SaperPL: PSU image is stretched, but I have no plans to actually stretch the PSU. With lack of an SFX-L sized model, I quickly resized it to match SFX-L. But seriously, you're even bothering to comment about that?? :rolleyes:

3) I like the pictures sized as they are. Case is small, but pictures are big! :D I'll put the captions on top though.

4) @backfeed, yeah bro, I'm thinking about making the vented area on top 140mmx140mm and make it possible to attach a 140mm fan filter.

I'm liking Silverstone's magnetic thin-mesh filters. They're thin (less than 2mm) and well, they're magnetic! So, I'm thinking about screwing in thin steel strips of metal on to the top from inside with tiny sunk screws (so the whole thing is flat) to create a 140mmx140mm square. The magnet on the filter is way stronger than to carry itself. The whole thing would be less than 3mm.

5) @iFreilicht, keen eyes! Yeah, I noticed I put the lip at the wrong place as soon as I was finished, but it was too late and I was too sleepy to fix it. I'll surely fix it.

You gotta understand something guys, I'm a noob at Sketchup and it takes me much longer to draw than it would an advanced user. I'm sure I'm taking the longest possible way to draw, in the slowest possible way, lol.

Thanks for all the input! Keep it coming! ;) :cool:

No hurries ;)

4) I would argue against screwed metal strips, there is magnetic tape that does the same job and won't change anything about the outsides of the case. DEMCiflex uses those to attach filters to aluminium cases: http://www.demcifilter.com/c46/How-it-Works.aspx
Google for "ferrous tape" or "magnetic tape", you'll find lots of stuff.

I was thinking it would be possible to attach those thin metal strips with really tiny short screws so that they wouldn't show from outside. Aluminum parts are to be 2mm thick, so a 1.5mm threaded hole should work fine. Those steel strips may also add some rigidity around that large vented area. But yeah, magnetic tape should work too.

Edit: Can anyone tell me the dimensions of the Lian Li type push pin housing?

Last edited:
What would make this cool for me is if you could also include a bracket that would cover the PSU slot and provide mounting holes for an HDPLEX psu.

What would make this cool for me is if you could also include a bracket that would cover the PSU slot and provide mounting holes for an HDPLEX psu.

An optional bracket like that should be very easy to do ;)

I was thinking it would be possible to attach those thin metal strips with really tiny short screws so that they wouldn't show from outside. Aluminum parts are to be 2mm thick, so a 1.5mm threaded hole should work fine. Those steel strips may also add some rigidity around that large vented area. But yeah, magnetic tape should work too.

Edit: Can anyone tell me the dimensions of the Lian Li type push pin housing?

Those kind of thread are very hard to tap, you need special equipment for that, and I'm not sure whether LianLi can do that. Also it will reduce cost, and you don't really need to reinforce 2mm thick aluminium :D

The pushpins are 5mm wide, 10mm deep and 16mm long. The upper lip is about 1.2mm thick, and the distance between the upper and the lower lip is about 1mm. The length of the "hole" the pushpin housing will reside in should be about 9.5mm.

My first thought on seeing this was it looks like a flipped over and much tinier Lian Li Q11, an older ITX case from about 3-4 years ago.

The Q11 is basically this flipped upside down, plus space for an ODD, room (barely) for an ATX PSU, and with the HDD drives under the GPU. It also fits a 240mm GPU. 17L vs. 6L. Sort of an upright shoebox, as opposed to a cube, but the mobo, GPU and PSU components are aligned in a sort of similar fashion to this. Also the Lian Li fan is facing opposite the back, like this design, but exhausts out the side. (Not really the best airflow, this is probably better.) The one takeaway you might consider from the Q11 is placing the HDDs under the GPU rather than in between the PSU and the GPU. The Q11 uses a metal plate that you can attach 4 drives to, 2 on each side. Might add a little space but might be better temperature wise for them?

The one takeaway you might consider from the Q11 is placing the HDDs under the GPU rather than in between the PSU and the GPU. The Q11 uses a metal plate that you can attach 4 drives to, 2 on each side. Might add a little space but might be better temperature wise for them?

Under the GPU is a terrible idea for airflow. This case lets the GPU draw air directly from the top, which is a much better solution.

We already discussed that the HDD cage will be placed under the PSU to move it away from the hot backside of the GPU.

My first thought on seeing this was it looks like a flipped over and much tinier Lian Li Q11, an older ITX case from about 3-4 years ago.

The Q11 is basically this flipped upside down, plus space for an ODD, room (barely) for an ATX PSU, and with the HDD drives under the GPU. It also fits a 240mm GPU. 17L vs. 6L. Sort of an upright shoebox, as opposed to a cube, but the mobo, GPU and PSU components are aligned in a sort of similar fashion to this. Also the Lian Li fan is facing opposite the back, like this design, but exhausts out the side. (Not really the best airflow, this is probably better.) The one takeaway you might consider from the Q11 is placing the HDDs under the GPU rather than in between the PSU and the GPU. The Q11 uses a metal plate that you can attach 4 drives to, 2 on each side. Might add a little space but might be better temperature wise for them?

I'll quote what I wrote in the OP:
"The layout I came up with is no surprise, but a few design decisions can set it apart from cases with similar layouts."

To be clearer, I hope, I'm not saying I'm inventing anything here, nor I'm saying this layout was not done before. Yeah, there are tons and tons of cases with similar component placement but what will set this case apart is its design philosophy:

1) Minimalism
2) K.I.S.S.
3) Handsome looks

What's funny, no offense, is that you are trying to say this case looks similar to another, and then use 75% of your long post to count the differences (which is nowhere near exhaustive). With that thinking, all cases are a version of, what, 5-6 different layouts, with a laundry list of differences. I mean, come on...

Everyone, please read this before saying that this case is just like "case X" with so and so differences. Really no need. This is SFF subforum, and in case you haven't noticed, the definition of SFF has changed quite a bit in the last two years (we have Ncase to thank for that, among others). Two years ago, Q11 (17lts) was SFF mITX. Not anymore. I started this project to basically keep up with this evolving definition of SFF. At 6.5lts, I think it's a pretty good showing. So, stop comparing it with >12-lt cases! :D

I'm working on the changes we talked about, but terribly busy with work, so update is gonna be on Sunday :)

I'm not implying you stole any idea or anything, just saying what it reminded me of. :)

Last edited:
Everyone, please read this before saying that this case is just like "case X" with so and so differences. Really no need. This is SFF subforum, and in case you haven't noticed, the definition of SFF has changed quite a bit in the last two years (we have Ncase to thank for that, among others). Two years ago, Q11 (17lts) was SFF mITX. Not anymore. I started this project to basically keep up with this evolving definition of SFF. At 6.5lts, I think it's a pretty good showing. So, stop comparing it with >12-lt cases! :D

I'm working on the changes we talked about, but terribly busy with work, so update is gonna be on Sunday :)

You're completely right, there are only so many different layouts that can exist, especially when you don't want to use riser cards ;)

I like this case layout. I don't think you can get any smaller without using a riser. Even with a Pico PSU, the limiting factor will be the width of the GPU that maintains the case size.

For those that would want the ability to use a Pico PSU and to show off the internals, would one be able to mount a glass/acrylic panel considering how the case is constructed?

Quite a few updates! Please check the pics and 3D models in OP!

• Case dimensions are now 210x157x197, still 6.50lts!
  • GPU tolerance is 189.5mm (PCB length). Up to 189mm should fit, thanks to completely open GPU access.
  • In case anyone's wondering, using 122mm-tall GPU (and assuming the power connector is flush with the PCB), there is 17.73mm clearance for PCI-E power cable.
  • CPU tolerance is 70mm, from top of the CPU to PSU.
  • Added support for a single 3.5" HDD, replacing any SSD support. Intended for those who may want to couple a large HDD with m2 / mSATA.
  • Clearance behind the motherboard is 8.3mm, great for behind-the-mobo storage units and overall airflow!
  • Side panel now attaches with two pushpins at front, and two thumbscrews at the back. Should be rock solid.
  • Color coded the components!
  • A ton of detail work done! but not complete...

Looking forward to hear your comments/questions!

Ton of vents from all sides look terrible - make vents for vga closer to card dimension and try to cover the front fan with something like the guy making 17L mATX and NCASE M1 made it.

Also cut outs/vents next to bend will be torn while bending - keep a distance from that, I'd say like a bend radius distance.

This rectangle bending next to the card slot is nontechnological meaning you can't bend that stuff with precision on a bender/press. Also the bends on the back next to hard drive look hard to make. What's that stuff for?

I'm not sure if going outside with VGA bracket's end is good idea

Why would you choose this pattern for vents?

Did you take into account the size of the IO plate's edge when making the IO opening on the edge? it adds something like 1mm there.

Find a button you want to use and take into account what mount it has and how much space it needs.

Ton of vents from all sides look terrible - make vents for vga closer to card dimension and try to cover the front fan with something like the guy making 17L mATX and NCASE M1 made it.

Also cut outs/vents next to bend will be torn while bending - keep a distance from that, I'd say like a bend radius distance.

This rectangle bending next to the card slot is nontechnological meaning you can't bend that stuff with precision on a bender/press. Also the bends on the back next to hard drive look hard to make. What's that stuff for?

I'm not sure if going outside with VGA bracket's end is good idea

Why would you choose this pattern for vents?

Did you take into account the size of the IO plate's edge when making the IO opening on the edge? it adds something like 1mm there.

Find a button you want to use and take into account what mount it has and how much space it needs.
  • Vents look big because the case is small :)
  • Top vent is 135x155, I'd say it's close to the GPU's dimensions.
  • Front vent is 135x135, needed for the 140mm fan.
  • Side vent is a bit larger than it needs to be, at 135x155. I made it that way to match the sizes with front and top vents.
  • I don't intend to conceal the vents with a cover or something. K.I.S.S. for the win! ;)
  • Vent pattern doesn't have to be this way. I just gave a try with this one. I can post some pictures with the common circular pattern too.
  • Being torn while bending is concerning. I'd definitely need the manufacturer's feedback on this. I'd resize/move the vents as needed. Worst case, I'd replace the front fan with a 120mm fan, but I really didn't wanna do that...
  • That rectangular bend... It doesn't have to be that intricate. Would you say it would be fine if it was just a U-shape, without the last lip?
  • Bend at the bottom... Take a look at the covered 3D model. That bend is so that the side panel's lip would go in. The side panel is to attach with two thumbscrews at the back; one at the top (at the rectangular bend), one at bottom. That bend also would be a support for the PSU. I'd have to hear the manufacturer on its feasibility. Worst case, I'll extend the side panel's lips, which wouldn't be bad at all. I'll wait to hear from others. If there is an agreement that these bends are too fantastic/costly, I'll do that.
  • VGA bracket's end is not going outside. It ends right before the case corner.
  • I do need accurate size and location info for the IO plate. I made the cutout with rough measurements, although it should be close. I'd appreciate if someone shows me the dimensions and location of the IO plate cutout.
  • I didn't give much thought on the button yet. Definitely on to-do list.

Thanks! :)

Back