9900k overclocking

Hi,

I am in the process of overclocking a 9900k but have a couple of questions about a few of the bios settings on the Asus 390z-e motherboard.

1) What setting are people using for Asus Multicore Enhancement? What does this actually do? It seems that on previous chips it was recommended that this was always disabled, but that on the 9900k setting it to 'auto' may help with AVX loads.
2) I guess disabling/enabling intel turbo boost has to effect when overclocking?
3) I am using an adaptive voltage (1.3v for now) but have read that on previous chips setting IA A.C. and DC load lines to 0.01 or changing the svid behaviour to best case would prevent over-volting....I haven't been able to find examples of people changing these on the 9900k and am wondering if its still necessary? At the moment the most VCORE I have seen in HWMonitor is 1.332v (I am using LLC 5).

Thanks for any help!

Dave

Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Generation CPU Review

The new 9th generation Intel i9-9900K CPU is upon us! AMD has been pushing into Intel's desktop market and Intel knows it. Today Intel is pulling the curtain back on "not paid for" reviews and we are happy to be serving you one of those up here today. Is the i9-9900K better than the Ryzen 7 2700X, and is it worth the staggering price premium?

Multicore Enhancement essentially runs all cores at the turbo bin of the highest single core turbo. You essentially get "free" performance at the cost of a higher power usage.

Back