9900K or wait for KS?

I don't think investors have much to do with it. The 9900KS is all about Intel trying to hold onto the one thing it has going for it and that's gaming performance.
That would mean there needs to be plenty of them and this is not going to be the case. I'd rather believe they tested plenty of them for months to have some exceptional ones they provided to the media and started marketing the little amount they had on well known places promising for higher volumes that will never happen.
I was believing in the recent lies of Intel going forward with 10nm and new batch of Ice Lake CPU but not anymore. It looks like they weren't even close. Intel has no plan to make anything better for the 2 years to come before they get on 7nm if they can, but I'm already unsure of that. It also seems that despite they hired some old professionals with reputation, who may have retired otherwise, people are starting to quit Intel. It looks like Intel could go bankrupt in a couple of years if they don't find miraculously a solution. My best bet is they should swallow their pride, buy TSMC or Samsung full technology for a huge amount of money (tens of billions $) and maybe offer them all their optane et flash in exchange, because the US military and administration needs US made chips. This needs to happen now. Would solve most of their problems.

That would mean there needs to be plenty of them and this is not going to be the case.

No, it doesn't. How many of those CPU's they have is irrelevant. Obviously, Intel has production issues across the stack for anything beyond 4c/8t. The further away from that number it gets, the worse things are. However, the CPU and all other designs are about Intel holding onto as much of the market as it can. Either through the product itself, market perception or whatever.

I'd rather believe they tested plenty of them for months to have some exceptional ones they provided to the media and started marketing the little amount they had on well known places promising for higher volumes that will never happen.
I was believing in the recent lies of Intel going forward with 10nm and new batch of Ice Lake CPU but not anymore. It looks like they weren't even close.

What you'd rather believe is irrelevant. We will never know how long it took for Intel to hand pick enough KS's to turn them into a variant of the 9900K and get them on shelves. They aren't rare at this point. I see plenty of them on shelves.

Intel has no plan to make anything better for the 2 years to come before they get on 7nm if they can, but I'm already unsure of that.

This is almost certainly false. Do not confuse "can't" with "no plans to." Intel may very well have no designs that are ready to move forward if it has a way to produce them. At this point, all Intel's troubles relate to its production processes.

It also seems that despite they hired some old professionals with reputation, who may have retired otherwise, people are starting to quit Intel. It looks like Intel could go bankrupt in a couple of years if they don't find miraculously a solution. My best bet is they should swallow their pride, buy TSMC or Samsung full technology for a huge amount of money (tens of billions $) and maybe offer them all their optane et flash in exchange, because the US military and administration needs US made chips. This needs to happen now. Would solve most of their problems.

Charlie has a mixed reputation. He's been way off on things before. I'm not saying he's wrong, I don't know that, but the name of the site is "semi-accurate" and that's not unfounded. I would have a hard time believing Intel would go bankrupt in a couple years. I mean, look at AMD. It found a way to operate for decades while making no money. Big corporations can certainly fail, but I don't believe the time frame.

Intel going out of business? I got chu fam, investor funds sent!

4pEsTAs.jpg

Back