980 ti release date rumor

Delete my post then, i didn't realize there was already a thread about this.

rumor and yes...plenty.

what is even more funny is talking about a possible may launch...but card is possibly to be displayed at computex...in June.

So this rumor may be the closest thing so far.

I think shortly after the 390x launches. Nvidia will try and steal AMD`s Thunder.

Only a fool thought the rumor a 980 Ti launching in September made sense. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

It was all a marketing strategy to give the illusion of a 6 month launch to get people suckered into buying a Titan X only to have regrets months later. Guess AMD's imminent release has them worried. I wonder what they know?

Both AMD and Nvidia will likely have product stack adjustments in anticipation of and to tie in with Win 10 and to some extent Skylake as those will be a large driver of sales. Making a large product adjustment after the release windows of both would be a missed oppurtunity.

Highly doubt they will release a GTX 980 Ti with performance close to Titan X, unless they price similar.

If they ever release it with the rumor's spec, then I'll get myself 2.... :p

Highly doubt they will release a GTX 980 Ti with performance close to Titan X, unless they price similar.

Well you have to remember the GK110 debacle. People thought there was NO WAY the full chip from the Quadro line would make it to consumers for cheap. In a way that was true, but in others you can look at the 780/780 Ti and the massive price drops they were able to do and say it's all a mirage. They wouldn't see 780 Ti's drop < $500 if they still weren't making boatloads of money.

They always squeeze the most money off the top to make up for R&D since profit margins are astronomically higher. How long they stay that high depends on the demand and competition and if consumers are willing to sit there and buy it instead of waiting to force their hand they'll stay high. If people only knew how much money companies lose by keeping inventory day after day in a warehouse.

Last edited:

Unless AMD shakes things up the 980 Ti will probably be priced higher than the 780 Ti. I mean look at the 980, which is basically the true 680 successor: $550 vs $500 launch price.

I think we could be looking at $800 MSRP for the 980 Ti. $200 difference is not going to kill sales of the Titan. IMHO even a $300 difference wouldn't, with the way VRAM requirements have gone up a lot of people are likely tempted by the 12GB even if it somewhat pointless right now. Though I personally don't think VRAM requirements will continue to climb as they have been, we've just a hit a new baseline due to the new consoles.

Unless AMD shakes things up the 980 Ti will probably be priced higher than the 780 Ti. I mean look at the 980, which is basically the true 680 successor: $550 vs $500 launch price.

I think we could be looking at $800 MSRP for the 980 Ti. $200 difference is not going to kill sales of the Titan. IMHO even a $300 difference wouldn't, with the way VRAM requirements have gone up a lot of people are likely tempted by the 12GB even if it somewhat pointless right now. Though I personally don't think VRAM requirements will continue to climb as they have been, we've just a hit a new baseline due to the new consoles.

$699 reference and higher for aftermarket.

same exact thing that happened w/ the 780 to 780 ti release. 780 dropped to $499 with the 780 ti coming in at $699

Back