• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

980 Ti @ $599?

I'm getting confused about release dates (my apologies if this is beating a dead horse.) It looks like newegg had some 980 Tis for sale that were quickly sold. They were reference boards. When will we see more custom 980 Tis, like the Gigabyte Windforce or MSI Twin Frozr for sale? Do we have any clue?
 
Ready and waiting on a node that doesn't exist, using memory that doesn't exist.
We haven't even had the inevitable "16nm delayed" stuff we will see in about 6 months from now.

This time last year, 20nm was ready and waiting.
We'll be lucky to see Pascal or Arctic Islands before xmas 2016.
 
Pascal is only ready when 8GB HBM and 16nm is ready. They're having a ton of trouble achieving either. I wouldn't be surprised if next gen is another 28nm 990 card stop gap. Late 2016 is optimistic.
 
Ready and waiting on a node that doesn't exist, using memory that doesn't exist.
We haven't even had the inevitable "16nm delayed" stuff we will see in about 6 months from now.

This time last year, 20nm was ready and waiting.
We'll be lucky to see Pascal or Arctic Islands before xmas 2016.

http://www.eetimes.com/document.asp?doc_id=1326286

TSMC announced it will begin volume production of its 16FF+ in the middle of 2015. TSMC claims the chips made using FinFET Plus have 10% better performance than competing silicon, consume 50% less power than a 20nm SoC, and have a cycle time twice that of 20nm chips.

The foundry will have more than 50 tape-outs by year’s end, covering applications processors, GPUs,

Pascal will be here a lot sooner than people think.
 
16mm goes to the big volume mobile chips first. Big Low volume GPU are always last on the list. Also, if 8GB HBM is possible, AMD wouldn't be coming out with a 4GB card. Furthermore, if it's a 5 month wait for 16nm and 8GB HBM, AMD would not be producing it on 28nm right now. They would wait for XMAS and destroy Nvidia.

Logic vs wishful thinking.
 
16mm goes to the big volume mobile chips first. Big Low volume GPU are always last on the list. Also, if 8GB HBM is possible, AMD wouldn't be coming out with a 4GB card. Furthermore, if it's a 5 month wait for 16nm and 8GB HBM, AMD would not be producing it on 28nm right now. They would wait for XMAS and destroy Nvidia.

Logic vs wishful thinking.
You should really spend more time educating yourself on the subject matter and less time typing...
 
You should really do more research and less typing...

You mean the rumored dual card with 2x4GB HBM? That's not even remotely the same thing as single card 8GB.

And post your sources. Don't leave us hanging with drive by comments.
 
You mean the rumored dual card with 2x4GB HBM? That's not even remotely the same thing as single card 8GB.

And post your sources. Don't leave us hanging with drive by comments.
No that is not what I am referring to.
 
The Tom's Q&A article with Jen-Hsun (posted today) should temper expectations.

Unless Samsung / GF are up to something sneaky, nobody is even close to the ballpark of a sub-28nm HP process node. TSMC still doesn't even have their 16nm SoC up yet as far as I know.

And he also mentioned that HBM is "expensive".

All in all it wasn't the most optimistic bits of information. I think Pascal will be delayed. They got two generations out of Fermi and Kepler each, maybe they'll do with Maxwell what they did with Kepler.

Or maybe they'll release Pascal on 28nm.
 
Around 700 euros for the cheapest reference cards in Europe. Custom ones are a lot more expensive at around 900 euros. Those will probably get cheaper over time but it's still a pretty large premium.

Will be keeping my 970 SLI setup.
 
Damn yeah, 700-750€ AT BEST where I live (vs 1100-1200 for the Titan X). Hum, I'll definitely hold on to what I have for now.
 
This is gonna suck, I will probably have to wait atleast 3+ months before 980 Ti Hybrids are available to Australians.
 
Back
Top