965P-DS3 Problem...

TitaniumZX

Limp Gawd
I just built a new system with the following: E6400 CPU, Gigabyte 965P-DS3 motherboard, 2 GB OCZ PC6400 RAM, Antec 550 watts, and an ATI X800XL. I currently have it clocked at 3008 MHz (376 X 8) and can prime all day without any errors. However, when I reboot, the machine will shutdown, restart, shutdown, restart, shutdown, and finally boot into Windows Vista, all on its own. If I perform a shutdown, it will boot up normally.

Is this normal and do you all think the problem is with the motherboard? I'm thinking I got a returned/used motherboard because the time and date were current in the BIOS. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

TitaniumZX said:
I just built a new system with the following: E6400 CPU, Gigabyte 965P-DS3 motherboard, 2 GB OCZ PC6400 RAM, Antec 550 watts, and an ATI X800XL. I currently have it clocked at 3008 MHz (376 X 8) and can prime all day without any errors. However, when I reboot, the machine will shutdown, restart, shutdown, restart, shutdown, and finally boot into Windows Vista, all on its own. If I perform a shutdown, it will boot up normally.

Is this normal and do you all think the problem is with the motherboard? I'm thinking I got a returned/used motherboard because the time and date were current in the BIOS. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

What BIOS are you on? Supposedly the F7 is still the best. fewer "boot" issues, possibly what you're talking about.

Have you tried a different FSB setting, like 8x400? The FSB strap gets reset at 400 FSB so its easier to boot there. Right under 400FSB, like you are is a little bit more stressful on the computer.

Back