• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

9500pro to....

Vorret

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 26, 2003
Messages
1,100
Good morning,

I currently owe a ATI9500pro (not modded, or Oced, nothing, plain card)

I just bought a 2005FPW and I'm wondering if my card will have trouble using that monitor at the native resolution (especially in games) ...

So I guess I should uppgrade (but I don't want some 800$ card) I just want a good card that will last me a good 2-3 years for around 200-300$ (by the way, I live in canada) and that card needs to be at least a good uppgrade from my old one...

What ya'll think?
 
Well man, as we speak I have a 6800 nu on the way to my door, should be delivered today. It paid $165 at NewEgg for it. My 9500Pro's fan is dying and get kicked out of games, so I decided to upgrade. I do not however have a 2005FPW, but I noticed that if you purchase a machine from Dell that comes with one of these monitors, they only come with an ATI 300 series GFX card in them. So I am sure your 9500Pro should be able to handle that beast. I wouldn't see why it couldn't. But at the same time, if you have the money to spend and wish to get better you could go a head and make the upgrade.
 
Get at least a 6800GT if you want to be able to play games for 1-2 yrs still.
 
I didn't get the GT or Ultra just because I am holding out for a complete upgrade, but had to have something to sustain a running system until then.
 
There are good deals on the X800XT right now. Prolly the best imo.
 
Back
Top