digital_exhaust

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - May 2008
That's how many points I've turned in today.

Now, I can understand how that may sound like I'm trying to brag.... but that ain't it at all....

How in the hell is that possible? My points have gone through the ceiling lately... first 5k a day, then 6k... then 8k and now this.... I haven't added any clients, Stanford is still showing 15 active (not that that can be trusted as accurate)... but seriously, what the hell?

Has there been a major change in the standard client points scaling or something? I mean, I'm certainly not complaining, but I don't get it.....

Any ideas?

Beers and tamales guys.... Fold On!!!

It bounces around normally. I've gone as low as 10,000PPD on my current setup, and as high as 22,000PPD. It depends on the work units. They are NEVER always the same. I used to get a LOT of 5506s, but now it's only maybe 1/4th the time. They go really fast. Other blocks are always slower.

Makes sense.. and I know it depends on the wu... but 95% of my production is the standard console client, and numbers like that.... well, I've never even come close to a 10k day...

Anyhoooo... thanks for the answer, and like I said, I suppose it makes sense. Just had no idea it could fluctuate that much...

With the standard client, it will swing wildly since not all units is evaluated the same.

Yea, I've noticed. You're back on my threat list. :eek:

Its likely projects 5113 and 5114, which is close to double your PPD on single proc clients over the 45xx and 46xx ambers.

I've noticed some wonkiness lately, like yesterday I had an 80 unit dump! That's abnormal to say the least.

Something to keep in mind is the problems with the servers lately. More than likely, a number of us have work units from over the weekend that didn't get credited properly due to the server issues. Some of these work units more than likely got sent to a secondary collection server in case the primary server went down which was definitely the case this weekend. If that happens, it takes longer to award credit for those returned work units.

Also, Stanford has the occasional problem with assigning credit as it should be given even for work units turned in correctly. I think this normally happens a couple times a year where the points will be credited over a period of about a week while they get everything worked out. So, for that time, your production and everything seems to go up a bit higher than normal.

I did just take a quick look at your stats and it does seem like some type of production increase has happened lately. Over the weekend your points and work units did go down a bit and it seems like the next couple of days there was a correction made. However, the points you turned in last week has been your highest recently but the number of work units turned in is much higher as well.

I'd say you're probably getting credit for some work that was not previously credited which could account for the weekend problems and fixing of the stats after that. For the rest of the week and the number of work units turned it, I'd say that you have gotten hold of different work units than what you were working on before which give much better PPD and are smaller work units at that since the work unit count is much higher than the other weeks I can see.

All of that makes sense.... server issues and all, but I'm already at 6,687 today, which is still really high for me... Regardless, I'm still not complaining! I wound up over 13k for yesterday, my biggest day ever, and that sure feels pretty damn nice.

Thanks for all the input guys... appreciate it!

Beers and tamales! Fold On!!

All of that makes sense.... server issues and all, but I'm already at 6,687 today, which is still really high for me... Regardless, I'm still not complaining! I wound up over 13k for yesterday, my biggest day ever, and that sure feels pretty damn nice.

Thanks for all the input guys... appreciate it!

Beers and tamales! Fold On!!

As to the active report on Stanford’s stats site no longer counts CPU’s it counts Clients. Nothing really changed we just use more cores etc so all it can go by are clients. I think you will find the “Active within seven days” is right on if you give it seven days. If you replace a client or even possibly repair a client it will show up as another client only to go away in, you guessed it, seven days.

Damn that was hard to think through…………;)

Well... either way I don't know, but this just seems impossible.... I'm over 15k today... it just doesn't make any sense to me, and as I said, unless I'm missing something, it should be impossible given the hardware I'm folding on right now....

Ah... oh well, it's good for the cause, so it's all good in the end. Just hope it stays this way for a while!!

Beers and tamales....

Maybe someone is folding in your name to see if you would notice. It certainly isn't me. My production is somewhat roller coaster like as it is recently. but maybe someone likes you...

Proc count is now 17 and I've never seen a manual recredit keep going for a couple days. I'd guess its a secret admirer. :D

While digital_exhaust's internet was down he must have been building more boxen...17 processors!!!

Nope... no more boxen here...

I really think alan is probably right.... we'll see. It's 10am and I'm right around 4500 today. Still seems awfully high...

Folding right there with you D, but my increase is mainly the heavily OCed GTX 260 I just added. I've been getting tired of getting mowed down and bought nVidia's equivalent of some John Deere Green.

So is this a case of borg amnesia Digi? 15k and 17k points for the past two days! :eek:

Oh well, Mowed|Over and proud of it. :D

The difference (for me) between an A1 WU and an A2 WU is about ~800 PpD (@ 3.6 for a Q6600). Multiply that by 2 SMP clients, that's a spread of ~1600 PpD. For those running large numbers of SMP clients, that's obviously a HUGE spread. I see very similar point disparities on my lappy as well.

I currently only run one GPU2 client. It's pretty consistent at about ~5200 PpD

So is this a case of borg amnesia Digi? 15k and 17k points for the past two days! :eek:

Oh well, Mowed|Over and proud of it. :D

Something like that, erm... I think... but I can't remember:p

And capreppy, thing is.... I'm not running any SMP clients.....

Something like that, erm... I think... but I can't remember:p

And capreppy, thing is.... I'm not running any SMP clients.....

Well, you did just admit to possibly having borg amnesia. Perhaps you just don't remember the couple quads you have going somewhere. :D

Well, you did just admit to possibly having borg amnesia. Perhaps you just don't remember the couple quads you have going somewhere. :D

You know.... I've always known there was something wrong with my head... maybe it is amnesia, either that or I have finally lost my mind completely:confused::)

You know.... I've always known there was something wrong with my head... maybe it is amnesia, either that or I have finally lost my mind completely

Buffalo theory must not be working out for you. Either that or you've been into the discount rate tamales that you buy from the guy in the alley.

Buffalo theory must not be working out for you. Either that or you've been into the discount rate tamales that you buy from the guy in the alley.

Discount tamales?

learn something new every day.

Either that or you've been into the discount rate tamales that you buy from the guy in the alley.

No...no, no, no...

No discount tamales here man... remember, I live in the ghetto, and although everything else around here may be had at a "discount"... the tamales are as authentic and tasty as they come...

Now, it may be the cheap ass beer.... but that's a whole different story;)

No...no, no, no...

No discount tamales here man... remember, I live in the ghetto, and although everything else around here may be had at a "discount"... the tamales are as authentic and tasty as they come...

Now, it may be the cheap ass beer.... but that's a whole different story;)

Best tacos I ever had from from a building with 3 walls :p

Back