8800, worth it? Results...

kinson

Gawd
Looking for 8800 reviews and comparisons, if you have a link for any, please post em here... I'm interested in seeing the fantastic card against others, and the different results... And what you guys think about it...

Theres this crazy website that lets you type things in, and it searches the internet and gives you what your looking for. Its called Google, Its nuts man, you should try it.

you are a misguided, lazy man my friend
especially since you're on the website that has probably the best graphics card reviews around.

What the hell are you thinking?

Everyone knows the 9800 XT owns the 8800 GTX. I mean, the 9800 is MORE than 8800, so it must be true!

pfunkman said:
Whats google? :D

googhhwhat? :eek:

Could anyone put some reviews about that site, to see if it is worth to type it in my browser? And... which one is better: googGTS or googGTX? will my mouse be powerful enough, or is necessary to upgrade to a 9009 watt one?

Worth is in the eye of the beholder. The 8800 series is the fastest single card you can buy, but it is also the most expensive. I think it might be worth it, but that's just me :). I have to sell off these ATI cards first ;).

I would like to apologize to the original poster for the thread crapping going on here. This is behavior typical of genmaydotcom and certainly not appropriate here.

As for linkage to reviews let me point you to the best of them all - [H]ard|OCP's own review of the 8800GTS and GTX:

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTIxOCwsLGhlbnRodXNpYXN0

In my opinion that's the best you'll find as far as comparisons sake in real world gaming goes.

As for my own experience upgrading from a Radeon X1950XTX (and a 7950GX2 shortly before that)? In a word YES. It's totally worth it if you have the system to power it. Even a mid end single core Athlon 64 system will benefit from the G80. And we havent even had a chance to taste DirectX 10 yet....

Blue Falcon said:
...thread crapping going on here....
Well, sorry for the genmaying, but please understand it is only a soft way to say "how nice is to see when people makes his homework before asking in the forums..." :rolleyes:

To keep on your constructive way, searching this forum (or his parent) with keywords "8800 review" or "G80 review" gives only 10-30 threads to peek into. This may be enough to later formulate a more focused question...

kinson said:
Looking for 8800 reviews and comparisons, if you have a link for any, please post em here...
Maybe the thread Rate the 8800 reviews is a good starting point for you (it is search-engine-free :p) ... It gives the highest score to our colors review, also recommended by Blue Falcon.

peace ;)

Ok reviews are fine. Real world.... My Evga gts is the shit! Best money I have spent. :D

defaultluser said:
What the hell are you thinking?

Everyone knows the 9800 XT owns the 8800 GTX. I mean, the 9800 is MORE than 8800, so it must be true!
OMG i must get one !!1 :D

The 'thread crapping' was well deserved, even if you know nothing about computers you should know there is a search bar, or that google exists for this purpose. Even still i'm pretty sure its a rule to search before making a new post about something thats been covered, many times over.

Seanmounce said:
Theres this crazy website that lets you type things in, and it searches the internet and gives you what your looking for. Its called Google, Its nuts man, you should try it.

lmao

just trust everyone that the 8800 series kick everythings ass... especially at high res-es

Thank you Blue Falcon for your response, and I will look into that link you supplied me...

A simple question deserves a simple answer... I have searched for reviews and other writings on the 8800, however, I know that I will not find them all, and was interested in seeing some that maybe the rest of you, obviously, well, mostly assholes, have also seen...

Aside from the links to other sites, I was hoping to get some personal input, from, as I've already stated, you assholes... However, instead of being of any use, you prove yourselves to be pretty, useless in fact. Thank you though, its fun to see that you wasted time in here anyways...

Oh, and thank you to whoever posted and suggested that I should search the forums, that did not cross my mind at the time, as I was in a rush, quickly attempting to create a thread that I hoped I might receive some feasible responses to when I got back.

Thanks again...

there is also a nice write up done by the fine folks at this very site if you havent already read it.

Yes, I just finished reading it, and was by far the best one I've seen so far.. Thanks

Back