• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

8800 replacement? For real??

I wouldn't agree... at least they have balls to provide us with information on the fly. I prefer to know more information even if some are true rather than none.



Anyways, yes, a new replacement is on the way, it's been way overdue now and the 8800 had a super long life that was well lived.


If you throw shit around long enough some is bound to stick eventually.

Inquirer is the news source for people that dont give a shit about accuracy. But hey you can always fall back on that one time they where right :rolleyes: to justify your belief in them.
 
Here's what I don't get, NVidia states in a Investor conference call that they will be releasing a 1tflop part at the end of the year, but I don't see where they said it was a consumer level part... Isn't their new Tesla workstation solution a 1tflop part?
For all you Nvidia Fan-bois out there, I hope I'm wrong, but I think allot of you are making a wild asumption. Not only that, but if they don't release a 9800 GTX in november and instead release a true midrange part, how many people on here are going to cry foul, and blast Nvidia for false information or outright lying?
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see something great in November, my 1950pro is getting slow, but until I see an official press release or a REPUTABLE site showing a preview and early benchmarks, I won't count my chickens...
 
AGP is 2.1GB/s, PCIE is 4GB/s per direction.
My guess is that top end cards wouldn't lose all that much on AGP. Depending on what you are running. But who knows.
 
If you throw shit around long enough some is bound to stick eventually.

Inquirer is the news source for people that dont give a shit about accuracy. But hey you can always fall back on that one time they where right :rolleyes: to justify your belief in them.

You're not kidding.

All over this forum in places like the display area and abroad...you have all kinds of people talking about how they're getting ready to buy their 9800 GTX's like it's reality and I have yet to see the first press release on any of this stuff.
 
Last I heard the 9800 looked unlikely. I'm betting they'll do exactly the same thing as they did with the 7 series - just do a shrink to 65nm and release an 8900GTS and an 8900GTX with higher clock speeds and faster memory but otherwise identical to the 8800's. I think there their will also be an 8950GT2 (dual chip which will get them their teraflop) released at the beginning of next year.
 
Last I heard the 9800 looked unlikely. I'm betting they'll do exactly the same thing as they did with the 7 series - just do a shrink to 65nm and release an 8900GTS and an 8900GTX with higher clock speeds and faster memory but otherwise identical to the 8800's. I think there their will also be an 8950GT2 (dual chip which will get them their teraflop) released at the beginning of next year.

nVidia stated G92 would be 1TF. I would assume them to mean G92 is only one chip, so im kinda doubting it will be a dual card solution. I dont see why they would name a G92 chip with an 8-series naming scheme.
 
There will probably be a new thread every day about the next gen nvidia card.....
 
There will probably be a new thread every day about the next gen nvidia card.....

With no links, no sources, no credible backup of any kind.

At best, the most likely theory has those 8900 "redresses" coming out before the holidays and such.

Even that's rumor.

It's kind of frustrating because I'm really close to making a move on a major upgrade and I honestly don't know what to do.

I guess I'll just wait another month or two, although I'd like to have the upgrades done and in place in time for the big games coming out in November.
 

Its not a rumor, they, along with every other tech site, took that from Micheal Hara's webcast (nVidia VP of Investor Relations) where he accounced G92 would be close to 1TF of power and that they had no intentions of deviating from there yearly release scheduel where they release a new high end each year. It was from May, its old, but its the only solid info anyone should believe.

More fudzilla rumours for those who are interested.

(sorry for the multipost :( )

No one is interested.
 
Back
Top