• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

8800 replacement? For real??

Well, its inevitable that a better card will replace the 8800 eventually. Technology doesnt stand still for long. Neither will nVidia. Wether the Inquierer has the details correct or not is another story.
 
I predict that Nvidia will in the future release a card faster then the 8800. It's name shall be a number higher then 8800.
 
Your choice to believe, but the INQ is a joke of a source.

I wouldn't agree... at least they have balls to provide us with information on the fly. I prefer to know more information even if some are true rather than none.



Anyways, yes, a new replacement is on the way, it's been way overdue now and the 8800 had a super long life that was well lived.
 
I predict that Nvidia will in the future release a card faster then the 8800. It's name shall be a number higher then 8800.


Bravo man! Bravo!
It shall be called Ni! And it shall run circles around small children on tricycles so long as it is attached to a wall outlet not too far from a fan not too far from an open window...where else will we roast marshmallows?

:D
 
I wouldn't agree... at least they have balls to provide us with information on the fly. I prefer to know more information even if some are true rather than none.

That is hilarious if you really think like that. Youd rather have false information than none. They have the balls to provide information on the fly? You mean they have the audacity to blatently make shit up for ad traffic.
 
That is hilarious if you really think like that. Youd rather have false information than none. They have the balls to provide information on the fly? You mean they have the audacity to blatently make shit up for ad traffic.

Well some of the shit they make up sometimes is sorta true, so I mean really do we have another choice of who to believe for information on the fly..??
 
Well some of the shit they make up sometimes is sorta true, so I mean really do we have another choice of who to believe for information on the fly..??

Some of the shit they make up is sorta true...the INQ is pretty much analogous to a supermarket tabloid. Some of the shit they make up is sorta true too. I wouldnt quote them in my research reports though...

And the choice you have is wether or not to believe the INQ or not. So yeah, you do have another choice, which is to dismiss their bullshit...as bullshit, because thats what it is. Yeah they can guess, and possibly guess right, as they say, even a broken clock is right twice a day. Doesnt do shit for their credibility though when 95% of the time they are wrong.
 
Your choice to believe, but the INQ is a joke of a source.

it's amazing you never see people, like you, ever come back to threads where the inq was being true and apologies...

i am sure you are one of many who say that in ever thread that comes from the INQ, and when it turns out to be true, ike it has more then plenty of times what they said.....

didnt your mother ever say if you dont have somehting nice to say, don't say it at all.
 
Its not the only place that reports it. Rumor is the new GPU is the G92 or rather the 9800s. They are supposed to be announced in November.

I personally know that ones coming even if its not the rumored one, and I am saving up for it now :D.
 
we all know nvidia is releasing a mid-range card in november, it is the high end variant that is up in the air.
 
I really could care less about a replacement. The fact that my 8800 wasn't outdated untill.....wait, it's sttill not outdated!!! :)

That's why I love this gen of cards.

If the next gen cards follows this path, then I'll care. However, I think Vista had everything to do with why this gen seemed to out last forever.

Early on, I jumped on the bandwagon and said that site was shit. But I really can't think of anything recently that stands out as shit. Maybe the site has a real source. Who knows?
 
I have read many articles that were 100% bogus on the INQ and I've read many that were 100% on the money! So yes, I continue to read it and quite frankly, enjoy it. :) No point in a slilly flame war errupting over something so petty.. Peace!!
 
it's amazing you never see people, like you, ever come back to threads where the inq was being true and apologies...

i am sure you are one of many who say that in ever thread that comes from the INQ, and when it turns out to be true, ike it has more then plenty of times what they said.....

didnt your mother ever say if you dont have somehting nice to say, don't say it at all.


Thats because whenever the INQ was right they copied it from someone with an actual, legitatmate source. Think whatever you want, they make shit up to improve their ad traffic.
 
we all know nvidia is releasing a mid-range card in november, it is the high end variant that is up in the air.

No. You need to stop reading the INQ. The only thing we know for sure is from the nVidia webcast months ago stating G92 will be close to 1 teraflop and that nVidia has no plans to deviate from there yearly release scheduel. Anything else was made up by "reporters" on garbage sites like the INQ. Youre welcome to second guess the webcast, but its the only thing we have straight from nVidia. Anything else is someones guess.
 
That is why the negitive guy's that keep saying G92 is unconfirmed, are the ones that are really operating on shit for info.

nVidia said it will be released in Nov, and we have no other info to make us to believe otherwise.

I think the people that really don't want a new speed deamon card released, are the ones that don't believe they are comming.....

Prepair to bow to the new King!! 1 Terrafloppy rules!!
 
I'd love to think the INQ is correct and we are getting a high end card this year.

But I've just read too much compelling information that states the G92 is NOT a high end card. For me, probably most compelling is the story from Digitimes (a source I trust infinitely more than INQ) that states vendors are preparing an AGP version of the G92 and G98 cards.

I don't believe they would bother making an AGP version of a high end DX10 card. The bus could never even remotely handle the likes of an 8800, much less it's successor.

I really hope Nvidia surprises us, but I think we'll have to wait until 2008 for the next uber GPU from them.
 
I'd love to think the INQ is correct and we are getting a high end card this year.

But I've just read too much compelling information that states the G92 is NOT a high end card. For me, probably most compelling is the story from Digitimes (a source I trust infinitely more than INQ) that states vendors are preparing an AGP version of the G92 and G98 cards.

I don't believe they would bother making an AGP version of a high end DX10 card. The bus could never even remotely handle the likes of an 8800, much less it's successor.

I really hope Nvidia surprises us, but I think we'll have to wait until 2008 for the next uber GPU from them.


I was long pointed out in this thread that all those non valid sources of information don't always have facts.

It would be a better idea to just believe Nvidia and how they claim the G92 is 1 teraflops and will be released sometime at the end of this year. Thats what I'm going by, if they change their decision then so be it, I'll just have to wait until Q1 08.
 
I predict that Nvidia will in the future release a card faster then the 8800. It's name shall be a number higher then 8800.

Actually, I'd bet it won't be a higher number! Geforce 9800, hmm, sound anything like a certain rival company's hallmark card several years back?

That's why they've adopted this 98E/P/M naming scheme. :cool:
 
I don't believe they would bother making an AGP version of a high end DX10 card. The bus could never even remotely handle the likes of an 8800, much less it's successor.

AGP could easily handle an 8800, especially so if native (definitely wouldn't happen though).

I doubt we'll see an AGP card from nvidia that's as high end as an 8800. People with AGP systems generally aren't prepared to spends loads on a high end graphics card. DX10 midrange maybe.
 
AGP could easily handle an 8800, especially so if native (definitely wouldn't happen though).

I doubt we'll see an AGP card from nvidia that's as high end as an 8800. People with AGP systems generally aren't prepared to spends loads on a high end graphics card. DX10 midrange maybe.

I thought otherwise because I had seen some site do some tests on the 8800 by running it with only X8 PCI-E mode and X4 mode. And it was definitely choking on X4. AGP being around the same as X1, maybe a bit more. I presume the 8800 would also choke on AGP.

PS. I found the source of that PCIE scaling test on the 8800, that lead me to my earlier conclusion.
http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/03/27/pci_express_scaling_analysis/
 
Actually, I'd bet it won't be a higher number! Geforce 9800, hmm, sound anything like a certain rival company's hallmark card several years back?

That's why they've adopted this 98E/P/M naming scheme. :cool:

Wasnt that naming scheme concocted by the INQ? I never read anything about nVidia changing there coding. Maybe it wasnt INQ, but i never saw nVidia say anything about it. Someone point me to where nVidia said, otherwise, like ive said before, its bullshit. But really, someone correct me if im wrong.
 
Wasnt that naming scheme concocted by the INQ? I never read anything about nVidia changing there coding. Maybe it wasnt INQ, but i never saw nVidia say anything about it. Someone point me to where nVidia said, otherwise, like ive said before, its bullshit. But really, someone correct me if im wrong.

It came from Fudzilla first I think. But pretty much the same thing. At least he doesn't seem to use the annoying tabloid style of writing. If INQ refers to "open source" as "open sauce" one more time, I'm going to.... going to..... Well I dunno, but I'm sure it wont' be good. :p

http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3197
 
It came from Fudzilla first I think. But pretty much the same thing. At least he doesn't seem to use the annoying tabloid style of writing. If INQ refers to "open source" as "open sauce" one more time, I'm going to.... going to..... Well I dunno, but I'm sure it wont' be good. :p

http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3197

Haha, yeah well Fudzilla is more or less a derivative of the INQ. Guy gets kicked off the INQ, and starts fudzilla. Fudzilla is at least an extremely appropriate name though.
 
G9x speculation thread #3412.

Kyle summed it up several posts ago.
 
i would take the INQ with a grain fo salt...a very very large grain of salt.

but eventually the 8800 will be released, only god knows when (and maybe nVidia)
 
but eventually the 8800 will be released, only god knows when (and maybe nVidia)

Yeah, I'm really looking forward for the 8800!

Anyway, I have to admit, I'm starting to change my mind. Maybe Nvidia will release an 8800gtx successor in November. Nvidia have said they won't be deviating from their normal schedule. Nvidia typically release their high end part first and then the midrage a bit later. They've said they'll release a part that gives close to 1 teraflop of performance. If you take everything Nvidia have said as true, then logically they will be releasing a new high end card in November.

I know It doesn't make sense financially, but that's what Nvidia have stated.
 
Actually, I'd bet it won't be a higher number! Geforce 9800, hmm, sound anything like a certain rival company's hallmark card several years back?

That's why they've adopted this 98E/P/M naming scheme. :cool:

That doesn't matter. ATI had 8500's too and look at what NVIDIA has now.
What matter are prefixes and suffixes i.e. GeForce and GT/GTS/GTX/Ultra monikers. The numbers are, well, just numbers.
 
Everything from INQ should really be taken with a grain of salt...like someone else said, sometimes they're really spot on, and other times not so much.
 
That doesn't matter. ATI had 8500's too and look at what NVIDIA has now.
What matter are prefixes and suffixes i.e. GeForce and GT/GTS/GTX/Ultra monikers. The numbers are, well, just numbers.

Yeah, but that's such an old and frankly insignificant card. The 9800 is simply just synonymous with ATI. I'm fairly sure Nvidia's marketting team will be aware of this and wouldn't want to confuse customers.

I say "9800" and what do you immediately think of? ATI 9800pro! In red, just like that! :D

god I loved my 9800pro. Gave so much for so little for so long.
 
Yeah, but that's such an old and frankly insignificant card. The 9800 is simply just synonymous with ATI. I'm fairly sure Nvidia's marketting team will be aware of this and wouldn't want to confuse customers.

I say "9800" and what do you immediately think of? ATI 9800pro! In red, just like that! :D

god I loved my 9800pro. Gave so much for so little for so long.

Actually, no. I may think Radeon 9800 or 9800 Pro, but not ATI 9800. Just like i don't think about NVIDIA's 8800s, but rather GeForce 8800s or just 8800 GTS/GTX, but I guess it changes from person to person.
 
Well yeah, but you get what I mean though.

Tell you what, I'll bet you a dollar they don't call it 9800 'something' or whatever. I'll paypal you up if I'm wrong, obviously you the same to me if you agree to the bet.
 
Well some of the shit they make up sometimes is sorta true, so I mean really do we have another choice of who to believe for information on the fly..??
Yep, we can choose not to be bandwagoning sheep and wait for solid sources.
WMDs in Iraq say what?

As members of [H], we should hold ourselves to a higher standard then believing every article that hits the web.

Well, its inevitable that a better card will replace the 8800 eventually. Technology doesnt stand still for long. Neither will nVidia. Wether the Inquierer has the details correct or not is another story.

QFT
 
Well yeah, but you get what I mean though.

Tell you what, I'll bet you a dollar they don't call it 9800 'something' or whatever. I'll paypal you up if I'm wrong, obviously you the same to me if you agree to the bet.

LOL
As I said, it doesn't matter what the number is, but rather the prefix and suffix, otherwise NVIDIA would also not have 8500s.
 
Back
Top