88 GT Giveaway

Sunin

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - August 2008
Its an 8800GT ASUS, 256mb, no fan control dual slot card due to the HSF ASUS uses.

I'd take pics but it is in use right now and as soon as I get the replacement cards I'll snap a shot. (Probably Saturday)

I won this in a contest here and now that I am consolidating and working to restructure my farm I'm passing on the good fortune.

Its good for 4k PPD easy. That is in a box with 3 other GTs. Clocks on it have hit as high as 600/1700/900. Right now I have it at 550/1500/800 due to heat in the box it is in.

So rules of the contest:

1 entry per person. MUST show your badge, MUST be an active folder. MUST be in the CUS

Contest Ends Sunday April 5th 2009.

Item will be shipped flat rate 4.95 Priority Mail on Monday April 6th.

Goodluck to all

i havent folded under my name in a long time though.. mostly just been folding under other peoples names.. since the points really dont matter to me.. did about 225k points under agrfans name and probably another 150k points under other peoples names.. havent been as active as ive wanted to be since i only have one 8800GT and i game a lot so ive just stuck with boinc and cpu computing projects.. been wanting to setup another gpu rig with my x2 6400+ but ive been short on cash..

Last edited:
I have a E5200 CPU/Mobo/RAM combo waiting for a new case that would make a solid GPU folder with a 8800GT ... been too busy lately to swap it into one of my Sempron boxes ... sirmonkey's points got me to 1 million and then I kinda lost interest in FAH ... I'm running SMP with the notfred disk on a dual core Dell Inspiron 530s ... I really need to switch over to the GPU client but I don't have a compatible video card ... this would definitely get me back folding again ... thanks Sunin.

I'm in....

If have a few spots, and the new lower power WU allow for more "D"

I'm in. It'd be a good upgrade for the HTPC, which has a dying 8600GT

I'm in, I have a slot still open.

Put my name in the mix as well. Would love to keep my momentum going - just from 10k PPD to 13K. ;)

Cool!

Great!

Thanks!

I am not in... I just wanted to say thank you!

Cool!

Great!

Thanks!

I am not in... I just wanted to say thank you!

Wow, you are a credit to this great forum brother Sunin :eek: I have to agree with brother Pocatello's post above :D
Unfortunatly, ATM I'm just using WCG on my 24/7 boxen, so I can't qualify for this contest either (no F@H current stats) :( When I read something along these lines, you passing on a card you won from a previous contes and the only requirement is proof of folding, it makes me more a believer in the ole' saw "what goes around, comes around" (or something like that) ;)

Keep them warm fronts comin' :p

DCing for the CURE

n my mobile right now, so I can't post my badge, I'll get it once I get off work (should have just broke into the 700s rank wise)

Would be a great addition to the mobo I just got (750i)

Thanks for doing this, ur a great guy
EDIT

Here we go!

I have a s939 setup that is doing measly single core folding right now ..the current video card doesn't support gpu folding, this card would go in this box if by some crazy chance I actually won the card..maybe somebody would donate a nice 939 X2 chip too , as well , also .. for this old folding work horse :p

I have a couple of boxen which could make use of this card. My F@H stats could definitely use the extra production as the only thing I have running F@H 24/7 is the 8800GT in my current rig.

This would be GREATLY beneficial to my ppd output ... my HD4870 crashes about once or twice per day and oftentimes loses the WU as well. :(

I also have my parents' rig folding (Athlon 3000+) and my file server folding (E2180) but would definitely put the 8800GT to use in the latter ... long live the [H]orde!

Very cool... good of you to do this man!

Not in, but beers and tamales to you dude!!

Very nice idea. I have a slot for one.

Thanks for the opportunity, and congrats and godspeed to the person who wins and uses it properly.

I'm not in but I wanted to wish good luck to everyone participating in the giveaway and a big thank you to Sunin for passing down the good fortune.

Hell, I guess I can be in, now that I got a new mobo with 2 open slots on the way! :D

Quick Reminder This contest closes at Midnight Central Time TODAY!!!

Get your entries in now!

I'd love to get in on this, but I fold for a different team and I'm in Canada so... Just let me know if I'm ineligible and I'll nuke this post. Otherwise, here's the badge:

OK, now that the computer Gods had pity on me and I'm back GPU2ing I'd like to get in on this giveaway. :D

Being somewhat challenged in the computer field and not being smart enough to ask the right questions I managed to screw up my PNY 8800GT (I broke the card, no RMA :(). When the card was unfubared I ordered a unisink (I ain't too cool with the stick on sinks) for it because I was planning on water cooling it or at least putting a AccelS1 cooler on it. (I have one and I put it on a eVGA 9600GSO)

DCing for the CURE

13, 25, 15 were the random picks. The first two were not entries... LOL>..

Congrats ThreeDee, PM'n you for address. Will send out tomorrow AM.

..I think I just pee'd myself .. :p

Very cool Mr.Sunin sir .. I'll keep this bad boy folding for the [H]orde ..

Many thanks sir!!

Back