805 conroe

Matt Samoohi

Limp Gawd
Ok im making a dicision im going to call amd for a replacement for the opteron 170 that i broke thn when i receive it i will be selling the opteron the dfi ultra d and the g skill pc4000 ram and im going to be purchasing the pentium d 805 cpu gskill ddr800 and a intel motherbored. Now here is my question. What are some motherboreds now that accept conroe and pentium d that are for sale. Thats all.

You'll have to wait for now, the Asus P5W DH and the Revision 304 Intel 975BX Motherboards (good luck finding them) are the only ones that support Conroe. Give it a couple weeks and I'm sure some 965 boards will start to explode onto the market. My P5WDH will be here on the 5th :D

yea. give it a couple of weeks. Right now the boards are horribly priced too. that P5W DH is 260 right now, way expensive, unless you've got the money to blow....

pointless to stay old tech though with LGA775. AGP graphics are priced higher and DDR1 will bottleneck

kirbyrj said:
Conroe ready Via board ...all for sub-$60 with AGP, DDR1, etc.

775Dual-VSTA

MB-775VSTA $57.16

http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?name=MB-775VSTA

http://www.asrock.com/product/775Dual-VSTA.htm

Perfect to make my upgrade go slow instead of spending a ton of cash right away, all I need is that board and a 6600 conroe. Then I can just get a new video card when I have more cash and move to pci-e maybe when some dx10 boards start showing and still be able to use it in that board then later on I can finally grab a new board and move to ddr2. Looks good to me.

just sayin that you're bottlenecking your processor big time. the FSB is 266 stock for the E6600 (it should be since 266 * 4 = 1064 Mhz bus). DDR400 has a support of 200Mhz bus. have fun bottlenecking.

Would there not be a divider provided in the bios? I think that 4:3 would be perfect. I think that I might buy one of these for conroe, then upgrade again when DX10 comes out. I would only do this because I would like to stretch the life of my newly bought 7800 gs AGP (which is doing rather well I might add) and my corsair RAM. The price of this mobo is negligible to say the least. Add a Conroe, and I have one hell of a decent upgrade and a kickass box to boot!

Actually that board has both DDR1/DDR2 and AGP/PCIe so everyone is happy (other than it's a Via board). And $60 isn't too hard on the wallet either.

I want that asus board, (I like all the frills and stuff, don't really need the 2 ethernet connections, but after having my asus p5ad2-e premium (I think thats the name)...

somewhat unrelated, but I bought a asrock dual sata2 last year and its been nothing but a wonderful purchase. $70 and I ran agp for awhile before moving to pci-e, and added 2x512meg of ram for 4x512 total and it still runs perfectly at pc3200 speeds.
I would not shy away from this board for an interim board if that is anyones specific purpose. I'm sure it will do its thing wonderfully.

Matt Samoohi said:
Ok im making a dicision im going to call amd for a replacement for the opteron 170 that i broke thn when i receive it i will be selling the opteron the dfi ultra d and the g skill pc4000 ram and im going to be purchasing the pentium d 805 cpu gskill ddr800 and a intel motherbored. Now here is my question. What are some motherboreds now that accept conroe and pentium d that are for sale. Thats all.

Wait your RMA'ing a cpu you broke in an attempt to lie and get a replacement for free? Lame.

If you wait, DFI is releasing their Infinity 975X/G board sometime before Conroe is released and shortly after that I would expect to see the LanParty to be released, and if you don't mind waiting a couple weeks the Infinity board seems really nice, although it doesn't have all the same features as the LanParty for o/cing, it does o/c higher than the ASUS boards with more stable voltages and what not.

Luck.exe said:
If you wait, DFI is releasing their Infinity 975X/G board sometime before Conroe is released and shortly after that I would expect to see the LanParty to be released, and if you don't mind waiting a couple weeks the Infinity board seems really nice, although it doesn't have all the same features as the LanParty for o/cing, it does o/c higher than the ASUS boards with more stable voltages and what not.

I'm not too sure about the voltage stability part. I'm sure you've heard the many stories about the RDX200 and the SLI-DR Expert killing CPUs by overvolting them. Besides that, ASUS has 8-phase power circuitry, which I believe is basically unrivaled.

wee96 said:
Wait your RMA'ing a cpu you broke in an attempt to lie and get a replacement for free? Lame.

What a little bitch, its people like him that mess up RMA's for the rest of us :mad: . Oh well I doubt he'll fare any better with an 805 / conroe processor..unless his mom helps him put it in :D

numbers said:
What a little bitch, its people like him that mess up RMA's for the rest of us :mad: . Oh well I doubt he'll fare any better with an 805 / conroe processor..unless his mom helps him put it in :D

Granted hes 13 (learned from previous posts), but its really lame and doesnt say much for the parents allowing him to do that.

wee96 said:
Granted hes 13 (learned from previous posts), but its really lame and doesnt say much for the parents allowing him to do that.
Don't you know that all bad behaviour is caused by video games? He must have played too much Grand Theft Processor: Silicon Valley. Damn faceless corporations screwing up our children.

:p

Rishi M. said:
Don't you know that all bad behaviour is caused by video games? He must have played too much Grand Theft Processor: Silicon Valley. Damn faceless corporations screwing up our children.

:p

lmfao. and wholey shit, can't touch a comp from 13-16? that's exactly when i got into this, lol. anyway, wtf did you do to your opty, put it in backwards? lol.

StealthyFish said:
lmfao. and wholey shit, can't touch a comp from 13-16? that's exactly when i got into this, lol. anyway, wtf did you do to your opty, put it in backwards? lol.

I could be on the computer all I wanted, just wasnt "allowed" to open it up. wink wink nudge nudge. What he didn't see didn't hurt him. But when I did get caught the ass kicking were genereally worth the learning experience. And I only got caught when it affected his wallet. My mom, my sister and I left my dad when I turned 17, so from then on I was free to what I wanted, but I had to pay for the replacement parts my self. :( :)

If u want to OC 4get the VSTA and pretty much any VIA option... Not saying it's not stable or anything just not for an enthusiast.

the 939 dual ASRock is a whole different story. that was a nice board.

Back