8014...again?

DeathPrincess

Fully [H]
The last 7 (now doing 8) units i've gotten have all been 8014 (SMP). Is there something screwy about this (or something i've screwed up :D), or is there some special drive on this particular unit? According to the records i've never done one before, but now all of a sudden this weird tiny SMP unit...8 times in a row...:confused:

Would you rather have quickie 8014s.... or would you like an 18' TPF (on a 2600 non-K) p7645 smp WU?

Its going to be luck of the draw, as to what unit is needing to be processed when you submit, nothing on your end will be doing it

Something else! :D

It's just I thought it was all randomized! So getting 8 in a row (i'm sure the next one will be too!) just made it seem something has gone wrong and makes me kind of paranoid! :D

It does seem rather a good one to get... They get about 750+ points each, and take about an hour and a little. Probably good points from them...

Something else! :D

It's just I thought it was all randomized! So getting 8 in a row (i'm sure the next one will be too!) just makes it seem something has gone wrong and makes me kind of paranoid! :D

I've had stints where I got nothing but 8014s or 8049s for a week straight. ;)

I haven't seen an 8014 in so long, I presumed they had gone extinct.

All depends on what gets drop in the sever and if they are trying to get data on a specific project.

Seeing a ton of these today - seems be lower PPD than normal - but it's not bad.

Heh- I'm going 7904 / 8049 for over a week... My PPD is so low I'm getting passes by people with one computer.

Heh- I'm going 7904 / 8049 for over a week... My PPD is so low I'm getting passes by people with one computer.

Try switching from normal to small WU and see if that kicks it over to these small ones.

Just a guess but I would say Stanford found something that interested them in the 8014 string of WU's (since it has not been around for a while) and have reintroduced it and given it a higher weighing avg to check it out. If you are running v7 you can try v6 and see if that gets you away from them, v6 did not get a4 WU's before and unless they have fixed there code it probably still does not. ;)

It ended up being 11 in a row and now it's gone onto other things. Maybe there is something significant about it? It does seem to get good points for what it is, however. :D

Eh- my computers are running happy and it's the science more than the points for me. Someone have to get these out of the queue, might as well be me. :)

Back