800-1000 Computer Build

mannyd11

n00b
Joined
May 31, 2010
Messages
28
1) What will you be doing with this PC?
I want to be able to watch hd videos, internet, word processing, and very little gaming things like age of empires 2 or online poker

2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
800-1000 CDN after tax
Please use www.a-power.com to find the parts
Or www.newegg.ca (but remember to add in shipping cost also)

3) Where do you live?
British Columbia, Canada

4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. Please be very specific.
I need everything really. Also add in keyboard and mouse, 20-22" monitor and I will need a wireless card for the desktop.

5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing?
Just reusing a set of JBL Creature II speakers

6) Will you be overclocking?
There is a small possibility if I'm comfortable with it

7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
I would like it to be 20-22"

8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
About a month

9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
I'm not too sure what exact features I need as I am pretty new at this but if you could just look at what I'm using the computer for and give me your 2 cents about What I need.

10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? 32bit or 64bit?
Windows 7, 64bit


Thanks alot guys!
 
$173 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 CPU
$95 - Gigabyte GA-MA785GT-UD3H AMD 785G HDMI mTX Motherboard
$115 - A-DATA 2 x 2GB DDR3 1600 RAM
$50 - Western Digital WD5000AAKS 500GB 7200RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
$25 - LG GH22NS50 DVD Burner
$42 - Antec Earthwatts Green EA380D 380W PSU
$60 - Antec 300 ATX Case
$130 - Acer X203HCbd 20" LCD Monitor
---
$690 plus tax and shipping.

Choose your own keyboard, mouse and wireless card. The above build will more than meet your needs. The onboard video should be more than enough for the games you've mentioned. Yes the EA-380D is enough power for that setup.
 
$173 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 CPU
$95 - Gigabyte GA-MA785GT-UD3H AMD 785G HDMI mTX Motherboard
$115 - A-DATA 2 x 2GB DDR3 1600 RAM
$50 - Western Digital WD5000AAKS 500GB 7200RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
$25 - LG GH22NS50 DVD Burner
$42 - Antec Earthwatts Green EA380D 380W PSU
$60 - Antec 300 ATX Case
$130 - Acer X203HCbd 20" LCD Monitor
---
$690 plus tax and shipping.

Choose your own keyboard, mouse and wireless card. The above build will more than meet your needs. The onboard video should be more than enough for the games you've mentioned. Yes the EA-380D is enough power for that setup.


Thanks a lot for that build Danny!

I'm thinking I will upgrade the 500gb to 1tb and maybe just upsize the monitor. Other than that I really appreciate that.

Cheers bud!

edit: do you think i'm going to need any other fans along with it?
 
Yeah I'll grab two of them and put them in the front. And the onboard video card will be fine for viewing hd material correct?
 
Yeah I'll grab two of them and put them in the front. And the onboard video card will be fine for viewing hd material correct?

With the right software, yes the onboard video will be fine for viewing HD content.
 
Oh I see thanks alot for that guide. And when looking for a bigger LCD I should look for one that has hdmi too right?
 
Back
Top