7im

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO the best way to shun someone on a forum is to totally ignore the person.
It is likely that abusive behavior gets reinforced by counter attacks.

Now someone please, respond to this ;)

wow
i can see you love this guy very much :p

there is luv in the air ;)

IMHO the best way to shun someone on a forum is to totally ignore the person.
It is likely that abusive behavior gets reinforced by counter attacks.

Now someone please, respond to this ;)

Well, since you asked... :D

Normally I would agree with you, but in this case that simply is not possible. The man is a moderator at that forum. We can ignore him, and not bother going to that forum. OCAU, OCF, MPC and other top teams have that choice as well. We all have solid forums where questions get answered and a solid community is fostered. I mean both within each team, and also amongst the teams.

Now heres where the problem lies. The folding forum is linked as the official forum right on the folding web site. People who fold just to fold, who don't have a team, or who's team doesn't have a solid forum like we do have to go to that forum for help. Here's where 7im comes in. His abusive, condescending attitude is not productive to retaining new folders who are already having issues running the client. It is not in the best interest of the project. Volunteers deserve to be treated with respect at what bills itself as the official voice of the project. How long would our team exist if a [H] Mod or Admin acted like this towards team members?

Beyond his attitude and antics at the folding forum, flaming away at users there is not enough. He will follow someone back to their home forum to continue flaming away at them. He tries to pull rank at the other forums. He has been known to PM a mod at a teams forum looking for retribution for things that did not even happen at that forum.

/Rant and time for a deep breath. :cool:

Well, since you asked... :D

Normally I would agree with you, but in this case that simply is not possible. The man is a moderator at that forum. We can ignore him, and not bother going to that forum. OCAU, OCF, MPC and other top teams have that choice as well. We all have solid forums where questions get answered and a solid community is fostered. I mean both within each team, and also amongst the teams.

Now heres where the problem lies. The folding forum is linked as the official forum right on the folding web site. People who fold just to fold, who don't have a team, or who's team doesn't have a solid forum like we do have to go to that forum for help. Here's where 7im comes in. His abusive, condescending attitude is not productive to retaining new folders who are already having issues running the client. It is not in the best interest of the project. Volunteers deserve to be treated with respect at what bills itself as the official voice of the project. How long would our team exist if a [H] Mod or Admin acted like this towards team members?

Beyond his attitude and antics at the folding forum, flaming away at users there is not enough. He will follow someone back to their home forum to continue flaming away at them. He tries to pull rank at the other forums. He has been known to PM a mod at a teams forum looking for retribution for things that did not even happen at that forum.

/Rant and time for a deep breath. :cool:

I agree.

castration followed by decapitation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back