7im

Status
Not open for further replies.

relic

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - August 2007
Well, it seems that you can't disagree the self appointed "God"at the folding forums, without your post being deleted.

Once again the fascist dick-weasel has exercised his "omnipotence" rather than admit his stupidity.

You, sir, are worthless sack of dung. Your fanboy bullshit is destroying the support base and will ultimately destroy the project. Nice work punk.

hehe, odd timing.

The man is just worthless. I gave up years ago even caring. No clue why they keep him around. Does the man help out, a lot, yes. When you look up the work "Asshat" in the dictionary is there a picture of him, yes. Somehow I guess his usefulness out weighs his asshatness by .00000001% I guess.

If you truly care about FAH in general, just don't go to the official forums. My best advice.

Well, it seems that you can't disagree the self appointed "God"at the folding forums, without your post being deleted.

Once again the fascist dick-weasel has exercised his "omnipotence" rather than admit his stupidity.

You, sir, are worthless sack of dung. Your fanboy bullshit is destroying the support base and will ultimately destroy the project. Nice work punk.

Wow, so much repressed anger. relic, you really need to learn how to express yourself in no uncertain terms.

This beating around the bush crap just isn’t making it.;)

Agree, 7im is the most worthless, arrogant, asshat ever to disgrace F@H.
A complete and utter sperm-burp, with no conceiveable use, other than to be skinned alive and used as toilet paper to wipe my ass.

...and those are his good qualities.

hehe, odd timing.

The man is just worthless. I gave up years ago even caring. No clue why they keep him around. Does the man help out, a lot, yes. When you look up the work "Asshat" in the dictionary is there a picture of him, yes. Somehow I guess his usefulness out weighs his asshatness by .00000001% I guess.

If you truly care about FAH in general, just don't go to the official forums. My best advice.

Hey, Martaee’ how goes and how have you been?

Do you know, does that site belong to Stanford or is that a private site that claims to be official? Figured you might know;)

Hell, I don't even think I'm allowed at foldingforum.org anymore due to a run-in with him.

Of course right under my post was some guy who said he was quitting F@H because the new work units lower his PPD. So I guess I'm not missing out on much >.>

If you have a valid issue with him, and really give a shit, go to Bruce with it. Time ago Bruce would at times not buy into his shit (all the time at least), times may have changed on that though.

If he had his nose shoved any farther up Stanford's ass, it would replace Vijay's nosehairs.

I had this thought in regards to his responses earlier today. I think it fits here rather well.

Hey, Martaee’ how goes and how have you been?

Do you know, does that site belong to Stanford or is that a private site that claims to be official? Figured you might know;)

That site is 100% private, always was. The prior owner/hoster (nice effort but god learn how to run a forum or let others do it WWW was the owner I think) released the domain finally after the million'th mess.

I don't know who the primary players are there, could find out. I think uncle_f (a good guy) and pyth were the key players in the move. Not sure how the heck it happened but I don't think they ever managed to import the old DB.

One of our guys had a big blow out with him recently; he (7im) actually brought it back to our forum for some reason. Our guy took the high road but in all honesty it should not have been necessary.

One of our guys had a big blow out with him recently; he (7im) actually brought it back to our forum for some reason. Our guy took the high road but in all honesty it should not have been necessary.

I could not believe that when I saw it. Go tattle on someone at their home forum. :eek:

Anyone got the thread where OCAU ran him off? :D

I really hate this c**t. If I ever met him in real life, I would knock that silly looking head clean off his shoulders. And I am not a fighter either.

Now everybody just stop for a second and look around. We finally have a topic here that can bring ALL folding teams together in harmony.

relic got into the mojo again :p

deleting post is not cool..... edit for vulgarity sure.... but co'mon

If all 4 top teams are unanimous in their desire for him to be shown the door, then I expect that those in power would sit up and take notice.

Anyway Relic, Email Fungus? He is a Forum Admin and a top bloke.

Hope you have the thread cached too so you can prove he modded inappropriately - ie to save his own face/ass.

I have a feeling that Delete means Delete over there. You'd have to prove he acted inappropriately. He's done it on our forums - lied in public about it. Teddy will confirm that he reported the post in question.

If all 4 top teams are unanimous in their desire for him to be shown the door, then I expect that those in power would sit up and take notice.

Anyway Relic, Email Fungus? He is a Forum Admin and a top bloke.

Hope you have the thread cached too so you can prove he modded inappropriately - ie to save his own face/ass.

I have a feeling that Delete means Delete over there. You'd have to prove he acted inappropriately. He's done it on our forums - lied in public about it. Teddy will confirm that he reported the post in question.

Here is my take on that forum. To the best of my knowledge that is a private forum run by non Stanford people.

I find it ever so hard to believe Stanford with all their resources can’t provide VJ and crew with proper servers for both stats:

http://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2593&p=23584#p23584

At the moment I am all but forced to question what happens to our work and I will continue pushing for more and better accountability.

A forum of their own and proper servers to both send and collect work. When you look hard at the current situation it becomes obvious that most of us as individuals use and own better gear then what is professed to be a top educational institute.

This is my new favorite thread. I wish they'd ban him here so he would stay in his crate.

Add me in the list ;) I hated the Holier-than-thou attitude he always have and think he can decide in place of the Stanford staff.

About the forum, it's as close as official as it get. Stanford have no money or resources to run a forum so they rely on free will of individuals so it's created and they determined it's "official". However, it's too bad Stanford have hardly a word about picking the staff :(

If you have a problem with him, just PM a admin. I did a few times when I butted with him (Bruce is levelheaded so he can help us).

Well I've been insulted by this guy 3 times now. I don't have such angst for him as some of you, but I've also only been folding for about 4 months.

Acting like I don't know bang for your buck changes over time?
Acting like people don't invest in hardward directly because of the science it does? (obviously the people he knows are not [H]ard!)
Failing to address the issues at hand
Failing to acknowledge the huge contribution people put forth

Just rubs me the wrong way..

I almost want to go and bait him back on OCAU with a nice big thread about Beta Units.... he just cannot help himself.

http://new.petitiononline.com/

Petition anyone? Looking at the corresponding thread over at OCAU, petition is the word that keeps popping up. There would obviously be enough signatures to send a message from us and OCAU at least.

Yup, he's an asshat....I'm really surprised he's stayed a mod over there with his crappy attitude

I say we do a collective top 4 teams teabag on him :)

alan2308, will you make a new petition ?

We definitely need to do a collective teabag on him and stuff his asshatness in the throat.

I've never even heard of this guy, or had any run-ins with him (since I only post on this forum) and I already hate him :p:D

alan2308, will you make a new petition ?

We definitely need to do a collective teabag on him and stuff his asshatness in the throat.

Alright, I'll see what I can do.

I've never even heard of this guy, or had any run-ins with him (since I only post on this forum) and I already hate him :p:D

Don't worry, there's plenty of time to learn ot hate him. :D

You will see when you make a valid question on FCF and he kick you in the ass ;) That's what he did.

A example : in the end of january, where the beta clients is close to be expired, I asked a question on the forum to know if the staff have a plan to release it 1 week early. 7im jumped and basically told me I already know the answer and they will release it when it's done (in a condescending tone). That's a thread where marty9876 told him which kind of koolaid he drank :D kasson made a reply later telling it's currently in testing and apologized for the lateness (thus making my question valid).

You will see when you make a valid question on FCF and he kick you in the ass ;) That's what he did.

A example : in the end of january, where the beta clients is close to be expired, I asked a question on the forum to know if the staff have a plan to release it 1 week early.

You're too modest Xilikon. IIRC, the client was expiring in 24-48 hours and you asked the question because normally new beta clients were released a week early. The jackass still talked down to you.

If you do go the petition route, keep things "professional" so to speak. Leave the emotions and drama out it and keep things factual. Something like "Do you think 7im's contributions to the F@H community out weighs his negativity" or something like that. Or "Do you think 7im should be a mod", something like that.

I'm not hitting the right words, but "do you think 7im is an asshat" won't fly too well. Get something in hand which you can go to the powers that be with and have a straight face about.

Start the petition.

Make polls on the top 4 teams forums with a very simple Yes/No/No opinion (?) options on the question at hand. Keep the bashing out of the poll and keep it "professional".

With that data in hand make a poll over at the official forums (perhaps ask an admin for permission first) and make the same poll over at the "official" forums.

Bear in mind, with this forum being the perfect example, no forum owner/operator really gives a flying fuck about what the members think about the mods/admins. Mods/admins are there to enforce rules or what ever it is these days, not to make everyone have a warm and fuzzy experience. That said, in folding land things are a little different and the mods there are primarily there to answer questions and help people whereas this mod in question has single handed driven off more users than I can shake a dead moose at.

Bear in mind, with this forum being the perfect example, no forum owner/operator really gives a flying fuck about what the members think about the mods/admins. Mods/admins are there to enforce rules or what ever it is these days, not to make everyone have a warm and fuzzy experience.

AFAIK, our mods also don't troll other boards.

AFAIK, our mods also don't troll other boards.

True. Not sure how you include that, what it is is harassment (following donors to their team forums and continuing the issue).

Just trying to point out the way the powers that be there would be thinking.

I'm having a hard time trying to phrase a good poll/petition question.

Here's what I have worked up so far. I have only noted us and OCAU as these are the two forums with an active thread on the matter. OCF appears to have deleted their corresponding thread. Comments?

We, the Folding@Home contributor community, are united in our desire to have the Folding Forum moderator, 7im, relieved of his duties at the Folding Forum. Time and time again, 7im's antics towards Folding@Home contributors have been insulting, condescending, and completely contrary to the respect and appreciation which should be shown towards a voluntary community. Everyone from the casual user who has just begun to contribute to the leading point producer in the world has been attacked. We believe that is attitude and actions at the Folding Forum are detrimental to the project and have cost the project many users over the years he has been a moderator.

7im's antics are not limited to the Folding Forum where he holds the authority of a moderator. 7im also has a history of taking his bullying methods on the road to other teams forums. In these other forums, he will continue to talk down to users while implying authority there as well. He will also make demands and give orders at these other forums. And no matter how many times he is asked to comply with forum rules, stop implying authority, and stop the attacks, he will not be deterred.

The communities at [H]ard|OCP and OCAU are united in the support of the goal of this petition, and we expect other teams to follow suit. If You are a contributor to the Folding@Home project, and share our view on 7im, I encourage you to also sign this petition. Whether or not anything comes of this, we will still have our desires heard.

Edit: In the area to sign, I have added optional fields for signers to add their folding name, their team, and a third field for additional comments.

Thanks mitsi, I'll wait a bit longer to see if anyone else has any comments then I'll post it and give a link here and at your forum.

We, the Folding@Home contributor community, are united in our desire to have the Folding Forum moderator, 7im, relieved of his duties at the Folding Forum. Time and time again, 7im's antics towards Folding@Home contributors have been insulting, condescending, and completely contrary to the respect and appreciation which should be shown towards a voluntary community. Everyone from the casual user who has just begun to contribute to the leading point producer in the world have been attacked. We know that his attitude and actions at the Folding Forum are detrimental to the project and have cost the project many users over the years he has been a moderator.

7im's antics are not limited to the Folding Forum where he holds the authority of a moderator. 7im also has a history of taking his bullying methods on the road to other teams forums. In these other forums, he will continue to talk down to users while implying authority there as well. He will also make demands and give orders at these other forums. And no matter how many times he is asked to comply with forum rules, stop implying authority, and stop the attacks, he will not be deterred.

The communities at [H]ard|OCP and OCAU are united in the support of the goal of this petition, and we expect other teams to follow suit. If You are a contributor to the Folding@Home project, and share our view on 7im, I encourage you to also sign this petition. Whether or not anything comes of this, we will still have our desires heard.

<add something about not repersenting the best intrest of Stanford in his actions or somethign like that, not sure if can play into that angle>

also see if you can get oc.com and maxpc on board too. Be nice to list them also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back