1) It works fine with X3350, no unknown cpu or anything like that. On bootup it's recognized as a xeon X3350 @ 2.66 - zero issues.
2) CMOS jumper location sucks, must remove a card in SLI to reset it - no external or rear panel cmos (sucks!)
3) Super easy overclocking, it even auto changes the memory timings
4) You need a floppy to install on raid, at least in XP
5) linked and synced FSB & memory is really cool, 1333 memory = 2666Mhz
6) Playing around in bios I think my cpu's limit is going to be 3.6 - 4.0, probably the former as I'm on air. Still, not complaining about a gig overclock. Sure it's not 4.4 like some wolfdales but this is a 4 core cpu so I knew going in it wouldn't be as high. I was fine at 4.0 (in the bios) but had to raise voltages across the board, I don't want (or need) that for 24/7 operation. DDR3 @ 2000 was very cool.
7) I see no reason to buy a $180 OEM Q9450 at newegg if you're going to get this board. A little shopping around netted me the retail box X3350 for $355 shipped (lagoom.com)
8) More to come when I get windows up tomorrow...
2) CMOS jumper location sucks, must remove a card in SLI to reset it - no external or rear panel cmos (sucks!)
3) Super easy overclocking, it even auto changes the memory timings
4) You need a floppy to install on raid, at least in XP
5) linked and synced FSB & memory is really cool, 1333 memory = 2666Mhz
6) Playing around in bios I think my cpu's limit is going to be 3.6 - 4.0, probably the former as I'm on air. Still, not complaining about a gig overclock. Sure it's not 4.4 like some wolfdales but this is a 4 core cpu so I knew going in it wouldn't be as high. I was fine at 4.0 (in the bios) but had to raise voltages across the board, I don't want (or need) that for 24/7 operation. DDR3 @ 2000 was very cool.
7) I see no reason to buy a $180 OEM Q9450 at newegg if you're going to get this board. A little shopping around netted me the retail box X3350 for $355 shipped (lagoom.com)
8) More to come when I get windows up tomorrow...