7900GS to 8800GTS

crfracer290

Limp Gawd
Well I have been contemplating selling my 7900gs to my friend for fairly cheap and then buying a 8800gts. I play games at 1680x1050 and I like to have most of the settings high. The 7900gs handles everything fairly well, but leaves some to be desired in games like FEAR and Oblivion.

I know the R600 is just around the corner but there are some really good deals on 8800gts (low 300 range) and I doubt the ATi cards will be that low anytime around launch.

So would you guys recommend stepping up to the 8800 or possibly waiting for several months until ATi has a card for the 300 range.
Thanks

There's no point in waiting for hardware, since it continuously evolves. If there is something now you want, just get it :) If in a couple of months you'd rather have the ATI card, then sell the 8800 GTS.

whoa, where are you seeing 8800gts in the low 300s? I just bought one and thought I'd gotten a good deal for 370.

Ok well I am going to go ahead and pick one up.

I can get that price because I got the hook up with a few guys on other forums that I have sold cheap stuff to so they will return the favor. :cool:

I just picked up an EVGA 8800GTS a few days ago and I have to say, these things are screamers! Enjoy your new card!:)

I can get them for$240 canadian... I'm thinking of buying two and going SLI. I <3 my Futureshop discount.

My discount at work is cost + 10%... comes out to about $240 CDN + taxes.

Woah are you serious????

I used to work at Best Buy which gave me discounts at both Future Shop and Best Buy, so maybe I can see if my friend will get me one?

BTW which city you workin at? And you're talking about the Nvidia 8800GTS right?????

Lol so those f*ckers pay ~ $185 US for a GTS and sell it for $400+. Good business to be in!

Woah are you serious????

I used to work at Best Buy which gave me discounts at both Future Shop and Best Buy, so maybe I can see if my friend will get me one?

BTW which city you workin at? And you're talking about the Nvidia 8800GTS right?????

Vancouver, BC. And yeah.. its a BFG 8800GTS

I can get them for$240 canadian... I'm thinking of buying two and going SLI. I <3 my Futureshop discount.

this has to be a typo. otherwise im driving up to canada real soon. even with a 10% discount thats way too low.

this has to be a typo. otherwise im driving up to canada real soon. even with a 10&#37; discount thats way too low.

He said, 10% off COST. Still might be worth it to move to canada and get a job at futureshop, though.

Entropy- Just curious, is there a limit to how many you can buy with your discount?

He said, 10% off COST. Still might be worth it to move to canada and get a job at futureshop, though.

Entropy- Just curious, is there a limit to how many you can buy with your discount?

LOL, I think you're suggesting something illegal. :D

guys its not 10 percent off cost

it's what Best Buy/Futureshop pays for the product + ten percent....

I'm almost 100% sure that the Futureshop/Bestbuy computer system is the exact same for all of Canada (im from Winnipeg), so I think im getting a BFG 8800GTS!!!!!!

I'm gonna go swipe one and scan it on their system to find their cost price (as you can do on their computers)...

So is it 240 plus ten percent

or 240 with the ten percent already added on?
just curious

omg i can't wait, thanks for bring this up

It's $190 at cost right now (sale) + 10%, so even cheaper! I'm ordering two!!

Oops, my mistake on the +10%...still a great deal I wish I had the opportunity to get in on as I'm sure everyone else here does.

Would you be able to let us know when you actually buy these 2 8800's. I think I'm planning on getting one myself!! I'm so excited :p

Ok news UPDATE:

I called my Local Futureshop and the price is true. However, the guy thinks its a glitch or something because 180 at cost for an 8800GTS is ridiculous he said.

He told me that if I was gonna buy it (they didn't have any in stock anyways) I should consult the store manager and get permission, as you can get in trouble with the Store's "Integrity Policy", like these places even have intergrity to begin with, however you could be putting your job at risk.......

So lemme know how it works and whether or not you got permission or if you got fired or w/e...

just a little heads up for ya

FireGL? really.....
I thought FireGL cards weren't the same as normal consumer video cards and used for some mean OpenGL work?

damn i need to get my 8800gts

unfortunantly the futureshop where i was gettin one cheap from is all out

Back