79 days till #1 for HardOCP

I will put my E7200 server online tonight. It probably won't yield very much at all, but at least I am helping :). It was free anyways, just wish it could have been a x6 instead though lol :p.

In reply to aronesz

My 256 core cluster is online but is only running about (avg) 68% utilization. There is a cooling issue with the enclosure and the power supplies are sending false signals to the procs to lower their power footprint.

That's actually the issue I'm testing so its good I replicated it, bad that F@H can;t run 100%.

But if you look at my stats you can clearly see when the unit came online. :)

axiomatic.png

Last edited:
My goodness. So much for 79 days, kendrak.

Hey I didn't start the thread :eek:

That said:

Heat
8101 nastiness
Did I mention it is friggen hot!
And the beginning of the moth.

We should be churning again here shortly. My rigs are coming back online. The storms and internet outages where not fun. :mad:

Hey I didn't start the thread :eek:

That said:

Heat
8101 nastiness
Did I mention it is friggen hot!
And the beginning of the moth.

We should be churning again here shortly. My rigs are coming back online. The storms and internet outages where not fun. :mad:

You're the Team Cheerleader though :p

Putting on a machine that'll have two GTX 480's folding, along with a 2500K.

I think my TRUE average PPD is around 250K...

You guys' rigs make my PPD feel like weaksauce, but I'm still happy I'm predicted to be in the top 100 in a year or so. :D

You guys' rigs make my PPD feel like weaksauce, but I'm still happy I'm predicted to be in the top 100 in a year or so. :D

Hey it's ok, I'm only folding with an E7200 + 8400gs haha :p. I really want to get a six core machine up and running.

I started up my i5 560 in the work laptop today! Since i'm working from the office now instead of working from home, and i'm due to get this thing replaced soon, no reason not to get a small amount of points out of it!

^ Nice! By the way, do I need to run a client for my cpu, then a client for my gpu? I am only running one for my cpu right now, I'm new to folding and been doing some reading, but just want to make sure :p.

Damn, we dropped back to 11 months before over take now.

8400gs, if thats the gpu you are talking about then dont bother

8400gs, if thats the gpu you are talking about then dont bother

Yes it is the one I am talking about, I figured since it was free and it was in there I would use it to fold. But if it isn't worth it, then I won't bother. Thinking about upgrading it to a GT 430 and a Q9400. Would give me a huge boost in PPD.

Last time I tried I couldn't even get the client to run on my 8400's

I got all but one of my rigs off right now, but I do have a 570, 460 and x6 to add to the farm once I get going again. Should increase my ~60k pod by a good bit.

nice, glad to see that!

I should be bringing online an octo core xeon 2011 and one or two hexacore xeon 1366. Will be interesting. :)

How long does it take to update your individual stats on the website? I've had my E7200 running since 6pm yesterday. Got it setup so my folding machine can run 24/7 :).

How long does it take to update your individual stats on the website? I've had my E7200 running since 6pm yesterday. Got it setup so my folding machine can run 24/7 :).

3 to 6 hours after you turn in your first WU.

Depends on what web site you are talking about.

On the official web site, it generally takes 1 - 2 hours to see the WU points. On more third party stat sites it takes 3 - 6 hours like Kendrak mentioned.

This is AFTER you've completed and turned in the WU. Depending on what your system is, what WU you are working it would take a good long while before your rig completes the WU then uploads it.

I feel a little retarded, I forgot to set my istat fan speed settings to medium. I was folding for 8 hours at 86°C. :( Intel says recommended TCASE 67.9°C, hope I didn't kill the CPU.

It's now hovering at 69°C full load, should I bump the fan speeds higher? Sounds like a jet engine at the moment. :D

My 4P is offline due to it being the weather being hot so I'm down to my 980x rig. It did not help that after I switched from SMP to bigadv the first 6903 went up in smoke after completion. The good news is my second 6903 this week just posted. :)

I feel a little retarded, I forgot to set my istat fan speed settings to medium. I was folding for 8 hours at 86°C. :( Intel says recommended TCASE 67.9°C, hope I didn't kill the CPU.

It's now hovering at 69°C full load, should I bump the fan speeds higher? Sounds like a jet engine at the moment. :D

It's pretty darn hard to fry a CPU these days Intel has a lot of thermal throttling built in to protect the chips - 86 is hot but I don't think the throttling even kicks in till 90 or 95.

It seems [H] is going backwards and is now up over 10 months. What's up?

8101 WU's are showing up for all of our 4p boxen now. On my 4p Dodeca, I'm seeing around 300k ppd per day, versus 450k ppd from the 6903/6904's. Given that we've got so many 4p boxen around here, the nerf is hitting pretty hard.

Just brought my x5670 rig back online, its got 8101 as well so "only" 100k as opposed to the 160k its capable of but every little helps

There also seems to be some downsizing going on, not sure whether this is down to the economic climate or frustration with PG - hoping its the former and that the rigs stay in our folding family

anyone else notice everytime we get close to taking evga theres a pretty large CPU nerf?

lol

just brought on an i3, seems my daily borg finally died out there somewhere. o well, new borg now!

Back