79 days till #1 for HardOCP

Axiomatic

Limp Gawd
If point averages stay stable it will be 79 days till HardOCP passes up EVGA. Woot! Get folding peeps! I'm bringing up an 8 node cluster hopefully by the end of tomorrow. 256 Sandy Bridge cores. :cool:

Don't know how long I can run it. Maybe a month or so, but hey, points are points. ;)

That should bring it down a few days by itself, I Ordered a H8QGL-iF+ today from WiredZone to replace the MB I borked so my production should go back up to normal in a few days. :)

Wow 256 Sandy Bridge cores - that should put out some serious points. If all goes as planned I should be adding a 4 x 6172 box to the fold by the end of next week.

I'll be adding a 4x6128 box here this weekend, and will start shopping for another pair of 6274s, memory, and heatsinks to migrate the existing 2p setup to 4p...

Geez....So this would be a bad time to tell everything I shut down 5 boxes to save on heat for the summer? :D

Just sold mine :(

Times are tough right now but I still got some points to throw at the horde!

By the end of the day tomorrow we should be under 600M points to overtake EVGA.

So very close....

Fold on [H]!

I feel bad having my 4P idle while we close the gap but it's too hot here and I just paid a $300 electric bill. :(:(

I personally do not know why any one would feel bad about not being able to run when it is creating excessive heat, summer time power rates or for any reason for that matter. That is not what folding is about folding is about helping humanity. Each and every 1 of us that has ever folded a single WU has contributed to humanity.

There are 1,500,000+ names of people that have contributed to humanity, E.G. (our neighbour's our friends, children, grandchildren etc.) will all hopefully benefit from our contributions some day.

This points race is just a fun extra added bonus to folding it adds a since of accomplishment, excitement and fun to the dullness of folding, If there was no fun to it allot of people would quit folding permanently. We are still gaining on avg 8 mil. PPD on them and guess what every single WU that has been folded by members of the [H] folding team whether it was folded 8 years ago or today has, and is contributing to the overtake and the #1 spot, which by the way the [H] already has, they are the #1 producer of points day after day.

So nobody should fell bad about not folding when there is something that makes it not fun every body on the [H] team whether past or present folders should feel good about there accomplishment and fold when it fees good and is fun.

I know that the people that are not folding on everything they normally do right now has a good reason for not folding on it and have no question or negative opinion about it. I also know they will fold on what they can when they can.

To sum this up Grandpa says Fold on my friends when and if you can, we are the #1 folding team out there we just do not hold the title at this time. That title will come sooner or latter and thank's every single person that has ever folded a WU. Now lets all fell good about our contribution and lets continue to Kick some Folding Ass ;)

Exactly what Grandpa says, fold what you can, dont feel bad about not being able to for any number of reasons. Everyone has a purpose to fold, and reasons when they are not able to.

Fold on.

-W.Feather

Don't be silly... the [H]orde IS #1 ....its just a matter of time till it registers...and is shown in all categories...

I feel bad having my 4P idle while we close the gap but it's too hot here and I just paid a $300 electric bill. :(:(

Don't worry about that. Put it back online when you can and then help stretch the distance between EVGA and us :D

That is not what folding is about folding is about helping humanity. Each and every 1 of us that has ever folded a single WU has contributed to humanity.

There are 1,500,000+ names of people that have contributed to humanity, E.G. (our neighbour's our friends, children, grandchildren etc.) will all hopefully benefit from our contributions some day.
Amen to that! Thou the point make it much more interesting!

I am sure that EVGA is going to have a bunch of people dialing back on folding also. GPU folding is generally hotter than CPU folding

I've got three 95watt x6 cpus folding and I am hoping that this summer I can keep going all the way through.

lol and i was going crazy because my bill was 35 bucks which was 5 dollars more than the month before even though it should of been lower. :D

more like the [H]ot way. Afraid of burning up my 4P Socket F in the garage.

I just bought and installed another window airconditioner. That makes three in the house now. Cant wait to see my electric bill...

Don't be silly... the [H]orde IS #1 ....its just a matter of time till it registers...and is shown in all categories...
truth

keep folding people. I'm keeping my biggest two boxes on during the stupid hot summer heat we're experiencing....

Two more 4Ps will be scoring for Team 33 in the next day or so depending on the next time the client.cfg is read. I'm assuming I don't have to shutdown.

Back