780i's are out..

McCartney

Gawd
I got my P5N-T today..
Anyone else get theirs yet?

Guess my store got theirs early and apparently they're allowed to sell whatever asus sends them as long as it's on their site by the time it's up for sale...

I know this is totally cliche, but:

This thread is useless without pics.

Some sort of minireview or feedback on the board would be cool too. :D

and a link or 2, and your location in the universe, and maybe some kind of comparo to 680i or whatever it was that you swapped out and.........

Hey guys I got my Pentium 5 core 2 quatro Type R in today too!!! It's 7.6 Giggaflops running at a 3x2+5^4-7x5634 Do you guys think 12.5v is too much?

Lets see some damn pics of said board or something man

adds a third 16 lane slot ( for triple sli of course) and maybe addresses some overclocking issues with the quad. other than that.....doesnt matter to me. i need an sli board and 680i has been, well, done. so i will prob pick up one of these when they show up in real life.

reviews?
links?
pictures?

Otherwise another fud!!

First of all. I sell computer parts on eBay and I RARELY ever post pictures. why? I'm super lazy. Check it out: comp_liq. All I do is guarantee I have it and usually my word is good enough for people for them to send me a money order with NO picture and be totally happy...
Why am I saying this? Because you're completely disrespectful and out of line for saying if I don't have pictures that I don't have it.
If that's your argument then I don't have it.

To the other people-- It seems a lot more stable. I have noticed that the temperatures are lower than what they were on my old 680i (Ranged from 40-60 running 1066 on my 680i). The chipset does have that huge heatsink you see on reviews though. IF you have seen the reference board heatsink just imagine a better looking and built A8N32 heatpipe. That's what i see.

No drivers for this chipset right now from what I see the nforce from earlier this 07 didn't work (durr). Which means either that the stuff is the same and maybe nvidia gave it a different PID/VID for it to not get detected or maybe it is something that's completely new after all.

Board is a bit of a disappointment. Arrangement is poor. I have had to sacrifice my PCI-E 1x slot since I Run air-cooled SLI. I only have 1 PCI slot free which is also a nuisance since I can only afford to fit my X-Fi. I am thinking about returning it and waiting for SkullTrail or something since I really don't like how I have to sacrifice a slot (I didn't have to on my 680i, which I can understand since it didn't have 2 PCI-E 2.0 Lanes and 1 other 16x lane).

All in all this board kind of does and doesn't deserve all the negative hype its getting. To me I just wanted something that won't degrade in a couple months but we'll see if that even lasts... Also I mean this was a total sidegrade for me since Tri-SLI was never in the future but rather all I wanted was a Yorkfield SLI board. May return this and wait for 790i.

In short, just wait for both and don't make a leap of faith. Cost me 289.99 Canadian. I can't disclose the vendor since they will nail me to the stake. I guess they are only selling locally (Since they do have a website) and there really might be NDA and they just gave one to me because I go there/buy lots of stuff on a monthly basis (Roughly1000-2000 a month)

If you need pictures than I'm a liar. And as I said before-- In my 8 years of hardware enthusiasm I've never benchmarked -- Why start now?

It's more like, this is a forum for hardware geeks, and we like to see pictures of the pretty hardware. Although now you're making me wonder. :confused:

There was one person attacking me, no one else. That was the person I quoted. That is why I quoted it.
You can wonder all you like, I was just asking a general question and I shared my first-impressions of a board when the latter posts ensued. I have no problem doing that.

He does have a legitimate concern, in that there tend to be a lot of troll posts before hardware is released (especially if it's a little ahead of schedule).

Have you tried to overclock it at all yet? The problem in my mind with recent nVidia chipsets is that you gain SLI support (dubious) while usually losing some stability and overclockability. If it can keep up with some of the more popular boards based on Intel chipsets, it may yet have a reason to exist.

I dont think it does so far have any reason to exist other than Intel's screwjob man..
I haven't even bothered getting a new proc as of yet I was using some old 775 I had laying around (Trying to hold off for q9450) but I'm almost certain with a near IDENTICAL setup to the 680i that the memory controller was tweaked and the voltage to the ram was also cleaned to give clean power.

So far I'm not happy with this board and I may end up returning it. I'm not much of an overclocker as it is since when I want to attempt it the heatsinks to make it run cool either 1. suck or 2. make me feel like I've wasted money. I purchased the zalman 8700NT the other week and it didn't even make my 939 X2 at 2.5 ghz run cooler than the stock one (It *was* properly installed) and I had a Silverstone NT06 that was just too hard to set up (Hurt my hands when I tried to fit the thumbscrews to the bracket on my striker because of the heatpipes).

I won't probably end up keeping this board I am thinking DDR3 :p

are you sure about the model#

The P5N-T is this board:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131173

unless they got ride of that and renamed it that, the 780i Asus board should be model:

http://forums.legitreviews.com/about12669.html

Kind of funny if you ask me that they used the same name twice for 2 different products.

Hey there,
Yes it's the P5N-T Deluxe.. Didn't figure the deluxe mattered because I thought the other T editions were AMD, but anywho yes it is the 780i edition.
Hope this clears up any confusion.
About sticks of Ram burning -- I've only used this 1066kit I have now until Mushkin finishes up my swap for a 4 gig kit of 6400 running the D9 with 2 gig density per kit. Until then I'm stuck running 1066. It probably won't burn up a stick of ram, because the voltage reported in bios is showing a very very clean 2.2 right now. I've kept PC_Probe up for the night and it hasnt moved past a hundredth of a decimal place. I think nVidia learned that voltage regulation must happen for this board or they will be done for sure.
I haven't noticed any "speed" or such from the board, although I will tell you there were more than a few times on my 680i you could feel the ram choke when you were booting up (just loaded a little slower like system tray icons coming up but felt normal as in the mouse moved properly etc).

Don't know what to make of this board, still on the fence and I am jealous of that guy with DDR3 so I may return it.

Well...I would appreciate pics. I'm having a really tough time deciding whether or not to continue w/ this SLI nonsense. Everything's more of a hassle and I still haven't played Crysis w/ good scaling on the damn thing yet. Hell, I even finished the game already. :(

Motivate me!

My advice to you:
If you don't need it, don't get it.

I had the unfortunate fortune of purchasing an Apple Cinema display exactly 2 years ago for 3000 Canadian dollars. Unfortunately I hadn't realized that even 2 7800 GTX 512MB editions could not handle this resolution even at mediocre settings.

In retrospect if I never bought a 30" Monitor I'd be running x38 on an 8800 GTX right now, but once you go 30" you never go back. If you're running 1920x1200 I highly suggest you think twice about "eye candy" and settings for games like Crysis, it may not be worth it.

I have no intention of running TRI-SLI and I have realized that this board is no better than a 680i, I am uncertain of stability since it will take long-term testing to see if the memory controller fries so I'm going to return it.
Thanks

you don't take pictures because your lazy supposed...

well now that so many people have asked you... why can't you just get up grab the cam and take a picture? make us all happy?

and about you not wanting to say where you got it from is kind of BS ... since no one on here knows each other... if I had it i wouldnt care if i got it from my sister's shop...she wouldn't even know that it was me who posted...

bah...

You won't have credibility unless you post pics. That is how it works around here. :)

the guy is obviously lieing. let me make a thread saying that i have the new nvidia high end cards and say i dont have pics :):):)

if you believe him then you can also believe me LOL

This thread is useless without pics.

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

First of all. I sell computer parts on eBay and I RARELY ever post pictures. why? I'm super lazy. Check it out: comp_liq. All I do is guarantee I have it and usually my word is good enough for people for them to send me a money order with NO picture and be totally happy...
Why am I saying this? Because you're completely disrespectful and out of line for saying if I don't have pictures that I don't have it.
If that's your argument then I don't have it.

It's more like, this is a forum for hardware geeks, and we like to see pictures of the pretty hardware. Although now you're making me wonder. :confused:

This may not be the forum for you then.

Um? I got it back?
Did you look at my eBay? It's for sale. Since when was waiting for my 680i dependent upon a 780i?

Nonetheless, It's quite humorous that a select few of you don't know a few things about being in University, which isn't surprising considering your tact. Go ahead and keep making fun of me. I was raised an honest child and I hardly consider taking an XFX for an eVGa (same board) as a "waiting for warranty". You can look in my FS thread if you'd like, I have had that XFX up for sale for a few days now. I wasn't waiting for long now, I was given the choice.

The store I bought from is a larger store in Canada. They're about as large as NCIX and are major distributors of EVERYTHING I purchase. They're authorized from all the big companies and I think that if one of you decides to be oh-so-clever and call the corporate office and ask about it... Well lets just say there aren't many stores even though they have plenty of online sales and inventory. It's not very hard to figure out.

Now back to what I was saying, I'm at school and I'm just posting occasionally in the morning to help people understand if waiting is worth it, but all I'm coming under is fire.

I regret posting this for my own sake since forum trolls like that Hardness Supreme guy don't know what University is all about. Just because I'm a hardware enthusiast doesn't mean I am like alot of people I know who can't even afford half of the stuff they purchase. My Mom and Dad pay for it all-- so I can afford to have 2 boards at once (albeit one is for sale since I don't want it, either).

If you guys keep attacking me I'm just going to ask Major to delete my thread since you guys are antagonizing me and I will eventually get mad (I have ADHD so I DO get mad, and when I get mad I will give you all something that should have you crying for my head in a guillotine).

Stop it, that's all I'm going to say. If you want to believe me great, if you choose not to then don't post here mocking me or saying I"m a liar. If I really wanted to be the center of attention then I would go as far as to take pictures of all the things I have (Aside from my motherboard) to show personal wealth, but have I done that? No. Infact I havent posted pictures once on this forum or on AnandTech. And I've been on ATT for 9 months. Whats your guys' problems? Honestly, grow up! It's just computer hardware.
-- You may say "That's funny considering you have some nice hardware" (If you go as far as to look up all my posts you will see what I have here and there since I don't believe in making a signature that states my thermal paste/heatsink all the way to my peripherals) but anything I've purchased recently or in the past year is to fix my god-damn 680i problems. Mushkin has already amended that when they send my 4 gigs of Ram (Replacing my 1066) so I should be smiley. May keep the 680i, who knows.

Any haters, get a life. I get enough of you in real life the last thing I need is more people saying things about me on a forum fueled by materialistic greed.

Bye.

LOL, check this noobie out... he comes on here, claims he has a piece of hardware that he bought before any reviewer has been able to leak out any information, before anyone has heard anything about it's pending immediate release... and then gets mad when people calls him out for pictures.

Then not only gets the product name wrong, but then suposedly tells us it's on ebay (which I can't seem to find), but yet he doesn't take ebay pictures.

LMAO.

So with that said, PICS OR SHENS.

Um? I got it back?
Did you look at my eBay? It's for sale. Since when was waiting for my 680i dependent upon a 780i?

Nonetheless, It's quite humorous that a select few of you don't know a few things about being in University, which isn't surprising considering your tact. Go ahead and keep making fun of me. I was raised an honest child and I hardly consider taking an XFX for an eVGa (same board) as a "waiting for warranty". You can look in my FS thread if you'd like, I have had that XFX up for sale for a few days now. I wasn't waiting for long now, I was given the choice.

The store I bought from is a larger store in Canada. They're about as large as NCIX and are major distributors of EVERYTHING I purchase. They're authorized from all the big companies and I think that if one of you decides to be oh-so-clever and call the corporate office and ask about it... Well lets just say there aren't many stores even though they have plenty of online sales and inventory. It's not very hard to figure out.

Now back to what I was saying, I'm at school and I'm just posting occasionally in the morning to help people understand if waiting is worth it, but all I'm coming under is fire.

I regret posting this for my own sake since forum trolls like that Hardness Supreme guy don't know what University is all about. Just because I'm a hardware enthusiast doesn't mean I am like alot of people I know who can't even afford half of the stuff they purchase. My Mom and Dad pay for it all-- so I can afford to have 2 boards at once (albeit one is for sale since I don't want it, either).

If you guys keep attacking me I'm just going to ask Major to delete my thread since you guys are antagonizing me and I will eventually get mad (I have ADHD so I DO get mad, and when I get mad I will give you all something that should have you crying for my head in a guillotine).

Stop it, that's all I'm going to say. If you want to believe me great, if you choose not to then don't post here mocking me or saying I"m a liar. If I really wanted to be the center of attention then I would go as far as to take pictures of all the things I have (Aside from my motherboard) to show personal wealth, but have I done that? No. Infact I havent posted pictures once on this forum or on AnandTech. And I've been on ATT for 9 months. Whats your guys' problems? Honestly, grow up! It's just computer hardware.
-- You may say "That's funny considering you have some nice hardware" (If you go as far as to look up all my posts you will see what I have here and there since I don't believe in making a signature that states my thermal paste/heatsink all the way to my peripherals) but anything I've purchased recently or in the past year is to fix my god-damn 680i problems. Mushkin has already amended that when they send my 4 gigs of Ram (Replacing my 1066) so I should be smiley. May keep the 680i, who knows.

Any haters, get a life. I get enough of you in real life the last thing I need is more people saying things about me on a forum fueled by materialistic greed.

Bye.

:D

Franky says relax. This forum and its members are not a university granted though we do occasionally require pics ...especially of pre-released hardware, thats just how enthusiastic we are...and appearantly we may be too enthusiastic for you.

pics or shens

{fake edit)

getting butt hurt on the intarnets is not what Al Gore had in mind.

easy fix OP... if you can't show a pic, atleast say what huge store in canada you bought it from. Or run cpuid and take a screenshot.

Haven't you guys noticed that odd-numbered nForce products suck?

nForce1: meh
nForce2: AWESOME (for the time)
nForce3: meh
nForce4: AWESOME (for the time)
nForce5: total crap (at least for Intel)
nForce6: pretty good
nForce7: total crap?

does the 780i resolve the apparent issues with the 680i series?

It may take sometime before we can know for sure. Though with my track record of burning 680i SLI boards up about once a month, I wouldn't have to wait long to find out.

I got my P5N-T today..
Anyone else get theirs yet?

Guess my store got theirs early and apparently they're allowed to sell whatever asus sends them as long as it's on their site by the time it's up for sale...

Do you have the P5NT-WS or the other one? Where did you purchase the board? Do you have any links to it?

Right. You don't claim to have hardware 3 days before launch and expect us to not scream for pics or question the validity of the post.

are you sure about the model#

The P5N-T is this board:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131173

unless they got ride of that and renamed it that, the 780i Asus board should be model:

http://forums.legitreviews.com/about12669.html

Kind of funny if you ask me that they used the same name twice for 2 different products.

One of those boards is the WS version, the other is not.

You won't have credibility unless you post pics. That is how it works around here. :)

I wouldn't say that. Now claiming to have something before the official launch period and the NDA's are lifted does require pics for validation.

easy fix OP... if you can't show a pic, atleast say what huge store in canada you bought it from. Or run cpuid and take a screenshot.

Exactly.

Haven't you guys noticed that odd-numbered nForce products suck?

nForce1: meh
nForce2: AWESOME (for the time)
nForce3: meh
nForce4: AWESOME (for the time)
nForce5: total crap (at least for Intel)
nForce6: pretty good
nForce7: total crap?

Well see. Many people will tell you that the 600 series blew. I will tell you that the 680i SLI is a rushed chipset and though the chipset isn't bad, the boards based on it aren't that great uch of the time.

I have high hopes for the 780i SLI. Hopefully NVIDIA doesn't dissappoint me on this one.

Well see. Many people will tell you that the 600 series blew. I will tell you that the 680i SLI is a rushed chipset and though the chipset isn't bad, the boards based on it aren't that great uch of the time.

I have high hopes for the 780i SLI. Hopefully NVIDIA doesn't dissappoint me on this one.

I didn't like the 680i either. I think the P965 and P35 are better in every way except SATA performance (which only affects flash drive users, and I use SCSI anyway). However, I said it's pretty good because people have had pretty good results with them. Though I suppose the initial trouble should have downgraded their rating to more like "decent."

I didn't like the 680i either. I think the P965 and P35 are better in every way except SATA performance (which only affects flash drive users, and I use SCSI anyway). However, I said it's pretty good because people have had pretty good results with them. Though I suppose the initial trouble should have downgraded their rating to more like "decent."

Actually, i975x, P965 Express, P35, and X38 are all better performers than the 680i SLI chipset in every way. Memory performance (clock for clock anyway), SATA performance, and RAID performance. Those Intel chipsets all run faster than the nForce 600 series but the difference is minior. The only thing is that some of the Intel chipsets don't all overclock better than the 680i SLI. Though P35 and X38 generally do. Especially when quad core processors are involved.

The only thing is that some of the Intel chipsets don't all overclock better than the 680i SLI. Though P35 and X38 generally do. Especially when quad core processors are involved.

Interesting. I hope that EVGA's 780i board comes with lifetime warrenty.

why don't you post up some cpuz shots and maybe some pics of your set up as a 30 inch monitor is kinda an odd size. you have really told us nothing of this alleged board.
So why don't you show it off a bit for us doubters......

WZ

Back