7800x3d Amazon 200.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rashean700

Gawd
Not sure if this is a real listing but it was in my feed on Amazon for 200.00 here is the link just in case it is real. If not sorry for getting your hopes up!!

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 8-Core, 16-Thread Desktop Processor https://a.co/d/6lwJldE

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
i see:
1683396610557.png

Would it kill people to vet the seller first before posting these? Only 1 (low) rating. Random Chinese company name, etc. You're not getting a 7800X3D for $200 from this seller.
But you could order it and then get your money back when you report that it's a fake, and be left with a free CPU of some sort. Not recommending it, but if someone wants to expose what they're selling as a 7800X3D, there's no risk on their part. I don't know if Amazon would be able to recover the money from the seller, but Amazon would refund the buyer either way.

But you could order it and then get your money back when you report that it's a fake, and be left with a free CPU of some sort. Not recommending it, but if someone wants to expose what they're selling as a 7800X3D, there's no risk on their part. I don't know if Amazon would be able to recover the money from the seller, but Amazon would refund the buyer either way.
E_Vbr6uWEAEUrpx.jpg

where's the vote to ban option when we need it...

I saw these earlier today. All the red flags went off. Random company in china and return policy was ifffy too, kinda proved it was scam lol.

I saw these earlier today. All the red flags went off. Random company in china and return policy was ifffy too, kinda proved it was scam lol.

I've seen the same thing on many automotive type tool deals. Random chinese seller with no feedback and super low prices. I had some coworkers recently fall for these deals with Milwaukee tools, but they got their money back in the end.

Which in turns drives up prices for everyone else because Amazon has to cover their losses somehow.

Which in turns drives up prices for everyone else because Amazon has to cover their losses somehow.
I sell on Amazon and I doubt Amazon is covering the refunds, Amazon holds on to funds for a very long time before they release them to the seller, basically the entire return window. So I have no idea if/how these scam sellers are getting any money.

For what it’s worth, I ordered a 7800x3d on day one from Amazon just as a failsafe in case Microcenter didn’t go well. I didn’t even open it and returned it in the box it came in, and I still haven’t been refunded. Going on a month later. Amazon support has told me that at the latest, I’ll be refunded on May 20th. Never experienced such a delayed return process with Amazon. Normally they refund me once they receive notice of drop-off. They said it’s different with electronics.

Could be, and that could be a good point. My point is that alarm over sharing the ad that's likely a scam doesn't have to entail fear that people who fall for it will lose their money, because they'll be covered by Amazon's fraud protection - and I gave a hyperbolic example in support of that point, while also saying I'm not recommending doing something like that.

If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is, especially when it's from tangyinxianluyanniyushangmaoyouxiangongsi or whatever obnoxiously long string of phonetic Mandarin you may see. I'm guessing it's the same entity that tried to sell some 5000-series Ryzen for an insanely low amount of money last month.

To put it this way, ordering from the entity in hopes that Amazon will actually help honor such a fraudulent deal isn't helping out the rest of the Amazon customer base.

Amazon is in business to make money, and they're not going to simply absorb the cost of fraud. Someone else is going to end up paying for it (the rest of us, and also yourself further down the road).

I don't like Amazon's "800 pound gorilla" mode of business, where they've basically crushed many a brick and mortar small business into oblivion, but in the end, they're still going to get their money one way or the other, even if someone defrauds them.

I agree it would be silly to even try ordering this, because there is a higher than zero chance that something will go wrong and you personally will end up out at least some money. However, I disagree that there should be any concern over how this affects Amazon. Amazon is going to charge the most they can in the market with or without fraud, abuse, etc.

Return policies, although still relatively good, have been getting stricter. Shipping has been slowing down, both Prime and non-Prime. Prime membership prices keep going up. They even just recently removed free Prime delivery of Amazon Fresh (which already had a $35 min order). They had already terminated their refrigerated truck delivery - outsourced to freelance drivers with their own vehicles, so cold/frozen food arrives already defrosting and/or not very cold. Prime Days unload endless garbage, often sold at even higher prices than non-Prime Days.

Counterfeit new-in-box goods are being allowed into inventories "Sold and shipped by Amazon.com". Third-party sellers, both fraudulent ones like this and others with just extremely low-quality products/service, are being ENCOURAGED by Amazon to flood the whole site with garbage while Amazon is doing zero checks and providing no way to filter them out.

Simultaneously, their product search algorithms have been changed to actively prioritize both cheap overpriced garbage and expensive overpriced items, with good quality products matched with fair prices very difficult to find unless you already know the exact name/model of the item. Disregarding the algorithm, the search functionality has been declining over the years in general.

Let's not even start on the topic of how they treat their warehouse/shipping employees.

If someone unintentionally or intentionally rips off Amazon, that is not going to negatively affect consumers in ways that Amazon does not already have in the future plans regardless of how much they get ripped off.

But with all that said, out of your own personal interest it is still best to avoid even trying to get something out of these fraudulent deals. The more often you "cause trouble," the more difficulty you might have getting favorable resolutions for legitimate needs from Amazon customer service. Could even get banned if it happens super often.

For what it’s worth, I ordered a 7800x3d on day one from Amazon just as a failsafe in case Microcenter didn’t go well. I didn’t even open it and returned it in the box it came in, and I still haven’t been refunded. Going on a month later. Amazon support has told me that at the latest, I’ll be refunded on May 20th. Never experienced such a delayed return process with Amazon. Normally they refund me once they receive notice of drop-off. They said it’s different with electronics.
I’ve returned many electronics including a cpu before to Amazon. Always had a refund within a day of them receiving it. Always used Amazon as the seller. Third party sellers can make you abide by their rules.

I’ve returned many electronics including a cpu before to Amazon. Always had a refund within a day of them receiving it. Always used Amazon as the seller. Third party sellers can make you abide by their rules.
No third party here, this was direct from Amazon. Another strange thing is in my order history, it doesn't show the item as having ever been returned. I've chatted with their CS like 4 times though and have chat records of them saying it's been received and the return is being processed.

ugggggg this was awful to read. I'm waiting on a refund for four SSDs. I was trying to understand why it's taking so long.

ugggggg this was awful to read. I'm waiting on a refund for four SSDs. I was trying to understand why it's taking so long.
It's normal, don't sweat it. High value electronics have to get manually inspected and the queue is enormous; I've walked through one of those warehouses in Vegas, they're staggering. All the switchout scammers are to thank.

FWIW, Newegg is far better in this regard despite all the shit they get. Over the past 2-3 years, my Return-For-Refunds have been consistently processed 24-72hrs after delivery back to them.

Last edited:
I agree it would be silly to even try ordering this, because there is a higher than zero chance that something will go wrong and you personally will end up out at least some money.
This is right. The "I can just get my money back so I have nothing to lose" mentality is folly, because there are very sophisticated scammers posing as sellers that make it their business to know and track the weaknesses in the return and dispute processes for Amazon, eBay, Paypal etc and know how to make it look like the buyer is the one lying. Forging documents and photos, manipulating shipping labels, knowing how disputes get evaluated and by which teams and then social engineering them where necessary. The rabbit hole goes deep, so just avoid too good to be true pricing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back