7800GTX Connection

Kelden21

n00b
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
16
This is a completely untechnical question, and I'm going to have trouble even explaining what I mean, but here goes. I just purchased a BFG 7800 GTX, and I noticed it had some interesting adapters with it. The one I'm interested, plugs into the S-Video (I think) port on the 7800 card, and then out into a Yellow, Green, Blue, Red, and S-Video port. My question, is this: would it be possible to hook up a video game system, in this case a gamecube, up to my computer and play it on my monitor, using the Gamecube's Red White Yellow cables.

Thanks for the help guys, I wish i Could explain it better, but I guess I don't know the exact names.
 
It would not be possible...

The ports you see are video outputs. The yellow one is for composite video and the red, green, and blue ones are for component (HDTV) outputs. You couldn't use any of these to hook up the analog video output of a gamecube.
 
depends on which dongle you have... on the one that came with my eVGA 7800GTX 512, it has svideo & composite "inputs" as well as component and svideo outputs.
 
The adapter works as both output and INPUT so yes, yes you can play games through your monitor using a program like DSCALER. The component outputs however (blue, cyan, red) will only work as outputs so if you want to use the adapter for input you have you use either composite (just yellow for video) or s-video.
 
Back
Top