• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

7800 Ultra Coming.

7800 Ultra..yeah ok whatever.
I will bide my time and wait to find out what ATI has hidden away in their tight tight pants.
 
Homer said:
This is bullshit. I just payed 1200 bucks for 2 7800 GTX's which were supposed to be the top of the line of the 7800 series. There was going to be the GTX, then GT, then just 7800 or something. where did this ultra come into play?

Godamn dude,
You have SLI - 7800GTX's and you are not satified?
Do you feel less of a man unless you have the newest shit in your case?
Does your e-ego sore that much over having Ultra's instead of GTX's? :rolleyes:
I guess some people were never hugged as a child or never had any toys so now they over compenstate later in life.
How sad for you.
 
I have every clue, some people are just not statified in life no matter what they have.
And you know what, it is really quite sad.
If you don't see that then you are the foolish one with no clue.
Of course judging by how arrogant you are and never willing to admit when you are wrong like you do in most of your post, I would say I am right on the money.
Good Day.
 
Shane said:
Trust me your 9800 pro can not even come close to giveing a 7800 a so called run for the money. Call me crazy but I don't think ne1 in their right mind wouldnt bet even a penny on your 9800 lol

I was ripping the guy for putting that the SLIed 7800s did 1000 something in '05...otherwise known as humor...
 
JRT said:
I have every clue, some people are just not statified in life no matter what they have.
And you know what, it is really quite sad.
If you don't see that then you are the foolish one with no clue.
Of course judging by how arrogant you are and never willing to admit when you are wrong like you do in most of your post, I would say I am right on the money.
Good Day.


Your sir , are obviously not {H}ard.
 
JRT said:
Godamn dude,
You have SLI - 7800GTX's and you are not satified?
Do you feel less of a man unless you have the newest shit in your case?
Does your e-ego sore that much over having Ultra's instead of GTX's? :rolleyes:
I guess some people were never hugged as a child or never had any toys so now they over compenstate later in life.
How sad for you.
Well if you got eVGA's you can use the step-up program. Hell you can probaly sell those for a $1000, and I doubt the Ultra would be $700, and just rebuy it all.
 
jacuzz1 said:
Your sir , are obviously not {H}ard.
Peace out. oh and yea genius, its [H] and not {H}.

Slamgoku - Don't get insulted when you fail to succeed at insulting.
 
Its not about being practical , its not about being sensible

Its about passion, passion is not logical

We go about our lives working to earn money to pay our bills, our emplyees bills, our fuking governement's bills.

We pay huge proportions of our incomes so snot nosed, selfish idiots with a sense of entitlement feel they can ridicule the very people who can not only afford such devices but are the same people that subsidize said snot nosed individual's educations.

I dont give a flying fuck what anyone wants to spend thier money on, its thier money.


................Bite ME

just my .02
 
slamgoku said:
Peace out. oh and yea genius, its [H] and not {H}.

Slamgoku - Don't get insulted when you fail to succeed at insulting.

ROFLMAO
 
jacuzz1 said:
Its not about being practical , its not about being sensible

Its about passion, passion is not logical

We go about our lives working to earn money to pay our bills, our emplyees bills, our fuking governement's bills.

We pay huge proportions of our incomes so snot nosed, selfish idiots with a sense of entitlement feel they can ridicule the very people who can not only afford such devices but are the same people that subsidize said snot nosed individual's educations.

I dont give a flying fuck what anyone wants to spend thier money on, its thier money.


................Bite ME

just my .02
Nevermind. You just did.

Slamgoku - I think my 2 ¢ was worth more somehow.
 
Well at least now your being honest

Oh and I am sorry you were never hugged as child or felt the love they eveyone so richly deserves.

I hold out hope that some day you will becuase its realy the only thing that matters in life.

when and if that happens you wont feel the need to comment as you did originaly
 
Mayhs said:
if it is 24 pipes and the ati card will be 32 pipes...then there will be no competition what so ever...

if this and if that.

i like ATI a lot, but the fan-boys have been talking up a storm about the next video card, and so far, ATI hasnt delivered.
 
Homer said:
This is bullshit. I just payed 1200 bucks for 2 7800 GTX's which were supposed to be the top of the line of the 7800 series. There was going to be the GTX, then GT, then just 7800 or something. where did this ultra come into play?

I think that when getting into the hobby of computers and hardware, you need to realize that when you spend money on hardware you have to accept that it very may well be outdated as soon as you purchase it.

When I built my rig last year I was extremely happy with it, and then I learned that the socket 939 stuff was coming along, and had I waited a few more months could have gotten one hell of a socket 939 PC. But when it comes right down to it, there wasn't a huge difference between the 939 and 754 (and still isn't.) So really I was getting depressed over a small performance gain.

But be happy you have just bought two of the most advanced video cards on the market, and are going to be in gaming heaven for a long time. So what if a month or so down the road there will be something better? Your cards still rock. Heck the 6800GT's, 6800U's, etc will be giving very good performance for awhile longer.

Just enjoy swinging that e-penis around while you can, if that is what truly makes you happy. :D
 
Nightrain said:
I think that when getting into the hobby of computers and hardware, you need to realize that when you spend money on hardware you have to accept that it very may well be outdated as soon as you purchase it.

When I built my rig last year I was extremely happy with it, and then I learned that the socket 939 stuff was coming along, and had I waited a few more months could have gotten one hell of a socket 939 PC. But when it comes right down to it, there wasn't a huge difference between the 939 and 754 (and still isn't.) So really I was getting depressed over a small performance gain.

But be happy you have just bought two of the most advanced video cards on the market, and are going to be in gaming heaven for a long time. So what if a month or so down the road there will be something better? Your cards still rock. Heck the 6800GT's, 6800U's, etc will be giving very good performance for awhile longer.

Just enjoy swinging that e-penis around while you can, if that is what truly makes you happy. :D

Very true.

I'm just excited that technology advances so fast.

It always gives us something to look forward to
:)
 
Homer man, you shouldnt be upset. I cant beleive you didnt forsee an ultra. We all did. Just use a little Logic in your thought process and know that, NVidia knew exactly what they were doing here.

They were able to beat ATi to the punch, and came out with a product faster than its own last gen, and faster than anything ATi has right now. So why would they release their fastest card? They could make everyone beleive that this is their fastest card so everyone will buy it (and you bought right into it). Then The Ultra will come out depending on what ATI does. If the R520 sucks, no need to put out the 7800Ultra. But if the R520 beats the GTX... then Here comes the ultra to save the day.

Its quite simple really. We all knew the Ultra was comming and too many people wanted to deny it. Please use Logic please and deductive reasoning. I wish we were all vulcans. They make so much more sense.

I want a 512MB 7800 Ultra. 32 Pipes 500/1375 one of them will be good enough for me. And when I get it, I wont even run 3dmark. Because a # dosent mater. As long as I can play my games to where I dont ever notice them slow down.
 
Hmmm, a 512MB, 32 pipeline at faster speeds. Sure, if you're ready to spend $900 on a single card.....
 
Skrying said:
Hmmm, a 512MB, 32 pipeline at faster speeds. Sure, if you're ready to spend $900 on a single card.....
I spend 1000$ on a single CPU. so why not a Graphics card.
 
very true. ^^ intelligent marine right there. I'll wait a while before upgrading, but not too long so as my cards arent worth anything to any one so I could still get some cash for em.

btw I can run any game at highest settings with 0 lag :)
 
Homer said:
very true. ^^ intelligent marine right there. I'll wait a while before upgrading, but not too long so as my cards arent worth anything to any one so I could still get some cash for em.

btw I can run any game at highest settings with 0 lag :)
Just Because an Ultra comes out that is 5% faster than the GTX (estimated)

Dosent mean your 2x 7800GTXs suck. your system is killer for sure and you can spank anygame just as if you had 2 Ultras...

Now when your 2 GTXs dont get 40FPS in a game anymore.... and you cant frag anyone, then you can get rid of them.

I want the best of the best when I buy, I dont care of the Ultra 512MB is 1500$ i will get it. Because gaming with this 9700Pro hurts me right now :( lol
 
USMC2Hard4U said:
Just Because an Ultra comes out that is 5% faster than the GTX (estimated)

Dosent mean your 2x 7800GTXs suck. your system is killer for sure and you can spank anygame just as if you had 2 Ultras...

Now when your 2 GTXs dont get 40FPS in a game anymore.... and you cant frag anyone, then you can get rid of them.

I want the best of the best when I buy, I dont care of the Ultra 512MB is 1500$ i will get it. Because gaming with this 9700Pro hurts me right now :( lol

But according to your previous thread posts, he should just move on because he is outdated...

Be happy where you are, you'll live longer.
 
An ultra would be great but I'd rather have a game that takes advantage of the 7800gtx. Half Life 2 is smooth as better at 1680x1050 4xSSAA 16xAF high EVERYTHING for my system. Now the only things that run slow are the CPU tests in 3DMark05 :D
 
"Just Because an Ultra comes out that is 5% faster than the GTX (estimated)" as said by USMC2Hard4U (dont know how to do quotes yet)

the ultra will have 32 pipes, and running at higher speeds, check out the article at the top of the thread, if u wanna see 5% increase, heres higher clocks on a 24 pipe GTX.

http://www.tweakpc.de/hardware/tests/graka/xfx_geforce_7800gtx/s01.php

go to the overclocking section then to benchmarks, compare with the article in japanese at the top of the thread
 
PolarLAB said:
"Just Because an Ultra comes out that is 5% faster than the GTX (estimated)" as said by USMC2Hard4U (dont know how to do quotes yet)

the ultra will have 32 pipes, and running at higher speeds, check out the article at the top of the thread, if u wanna see 5% increase, heres higher clocks on a 24 pipe GTX.

http://www.tweakpc.de/hardware/tests/graka/xfx_geforce_7800gtx/s01.php

go to the overclocking section then to benchmarks, compare with the article in japanese at the top of the thread

Click on quote down in the right hand corner. You should realize that MOST of the statements here are pulled out of someones ass and they dont know what they are talking about. There is no Ultra for sure,i do believe Nvidia has a faster card they will will release when ATI finally releases their's at the end of the year,but who knows what it will be called, hell it could be a 7900 GTX.
 
serbiaNem said:
But according to your previous thread posts, he should just move on because he is outdated...

Be happy where you are, you'll live longer.
Negative, that is not what I said.

Its not the Amout of performance gain in my eyes, its about the time spent in between cards that you own.

If you just bought 2 - 7800GTXs in SLI.... and the Ultra comes out 3 months later that is stupid to upgrade. Thats too soon. You dont have timee to get your moneys worth.

Thats why a 6800 series card is good to upgrade to a 7800 series card. When the 6800 series came out 14 months ago (Thats when everyone should buy one, at the beginning of their product cycle) you have time (over a whole year) to get your monies worth..... so then you can get rid of it and get a 7800 now... A good efficent upgrade.

its all about how long the card lasts. I am stuck with a 9700 Pro. I bought it the first month it came out back in 2003. when the x800 came out, I would have upgraded almost right away but It was not available and I couldnt find it ANYWHERE :(
 
sarbz said:
hmmm.....6800gt= 350/1000, 6800ultra= 400/1100. History repeats itself with the 7800 series.

Look how many people have 6800gt's runnning equal to or higher than 6800ultra speeds. I bet the same will be true with the 7800 series...unless it has 32 pipes :D
If the 6800Ultra owners overclocks too they would have higher performance than the 6800 gt OC owners....
 
Lets put this to bed already :) There will be for 100% a 7800Ultra, nVidia has been making "Ultra" series for every card now since when I bought the TnT2Ultra years ago, then there was a GeForceUltra, a GeForce2Ultra which was $499 like 5yrs ago.
The official announcement will be the day ATI's R520 goes on sale for real
 
botd4u said:
If the 6800Ultra owners overclocks too they would have higher performance than the 6800 gt OC owners....

As they should, since they paid about $100 more for their card.

Don't trash talk someone just because they have extra money to put out on video cards.
 
Labrador said:
Lets put this to bed already :) There will be for 100% a 7800Ultra, nVidia has been making "Ultra" series for every card now since when I bought the TnT2Ultra years ago, then there was a GeForceUltra, a GeForce2Ultra which was $499 like 5yrs ago.
The official announcement will be the day ATI's R520 goes on sale for real

I owned a Geforce Ti4600
No "Ultra's" in that series? :)

Terra - One of my best cards ever :)
 
hello people, i'm not into the video card scene so i was just wondering... how would my Geforce 2 ULTRA compare to a 7800 GTX? I paid £300 when i got it.







:p :D :p
 
Labrador said:
Lets put this to bed already :) There will be for 100% a 7800Ultra, nVidia has been making "Ultra" series for every card now since when I bought the TnT2Ultra years ago, then there was a GeForceUltra, a GeForce2Ultra which was $499 like 5yrs ago.
The official announcement will be the day ATI's R520 goes on sale for real

TNT2, Geforce2, 5, 6 all had ultra's
1, 3, 4 didnt as far as i know.
 
mentok1982 said:
7800 Ultra..yeah ok whatever.
I will bide my time and wait to find out what ATI has hidden away in their tight tight pants.

*stares at ATI's tight tight pants*

Damn thats hot... ;)
 
Labrador said:
The official announcement will be the day ATI's R520 goes on sale for real

yeah right.

and that'll be the day that there's peace in Iraq. :D
 
coz said:
The clocks the AIB guys choose are irrelevant to NV. Besides, the X800XT-PE was only 5% quicker than the next model down (X800XT) and the almighty X850XT-PE was only 3% quicker than it's predecessor (X800XT-PE). So, a 500MHz Ultra part is 16% faster than stock and still 9% faster than the BFG GTX OC. A 500MHz Ultra is positively generous compared to some of ATi's latest offerings. As for the memory speed, unless NV can get their hands on some 1.429ns Samsung GDDR3 then it's going to be tough to get much more speed out of the 1.667ns stuff.
Why doesn't Nvidia start using 512-bit wide memory? That would solve the problems involved with trying to push the memory clocks higher and higher with each generation.
 
Nvidia just released a GTX. They're planning to release a GT on R520 launch day. There is always a vanilla card. Adding an Ultra gives you FOUR (4) 7800 cards. Isn't that a bit much these days? I think they would cut into sales of each other. Sort of like the GT severely cutting into Ultra sales in the 6800 Series.
 
GVX said:
Why doesn't Nvidia start using 512-bit wide memory? That would solve the problems involved with trying to push the memory clocks higher and higher with each generation.
Im sure its comming very soon. Hopefully the GeForce 8 Series. Its 2 biggest features will hopefully be WGF 2.0 full hardware support and 512-Bit wide memory. I hope!
 
Well looks like I will be buying BFG's 7800gtx and overclock it to ultra yet again. Not worth the extra money for nothing. Just like the 6800gt vs ultra. You would thought that nVidia would have learned their lessons from the 6800gt. Maybe there are way many people paying into the 6800gt versus 6800 ultra gimmick for they them to pull that off again. Normal users don't really know the difference just like intel's gimmick or selling Northwood versus Prescott (I own both by the way and noticed no difference in performance).
 
Back
Top