• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

7800 GT worth it?

yes i would

if you need a mobo i recomend the eVGA 7800GT with free eVGA Sli mobo
 
yeah i got an XFX one, does wonders in all my games i've played with it so far (UT2004, FarCry, Doom3 demo)...still haven't got the nerve to re-install HL2 though...
 
If you have a top of the line card from the previous generation I would wait until October when games like Call of Duty 2 and FEAR are slated for release, seeing how BF2 is the only released game that last generations cards cant play at full settings.

By that time you will be able to see what ATI has to offer and prices for the 7800 GT will be even lower.
 
Yes worth the cost, but I am waiting to see what ATI has up thier sleve in october before I go with it.
 
can a 6800gt pci-e play bf2 wonderfully? like with most of the eye candy and no lag?
 
gotfrag? said:
can a 6800gt pci-e play bf2 wonderfully? like with most of the eye candy and no lag?

No, not at high resolutions. This is the case on my AGP 6800GT
 
The 7800 gt is definately worth it. The gtx doesn't offer that much performance over the gt. Both cards are going to have about the same shelf life in my opinion. You'll be wanting to upgrade around the same time no matter which card you get.

I would wait until ati gets their cards on the market first ... that may drive down the price on 7 series cards.
 
High res in BF2 is mostly a RAM hog. If you have 1GB of ram or more with even a 6800NU you should be fine...
 
I got an eVGA 7800GT and overclocked it to 485core/1.16ghz memory. I am LOVING it :). It came stock at 445/1.07. The performance is spectacular, and the price is much better than that of the 7800GTX. While a GTX might be better for now, I agree that they will have roughly the same "shelf life" in terms of when you will want to upgrade, or I might not have bought what I did.
 
i personally dont think its worth it since its only about 100 buks cheaper, maybe if u have a sli setup since u save $200 that way :p
 
xdkimx said:
i personally dont think its worth it since its only about 100 buks cheaper, maybe if u have a sli setup since u save $200 that way :p


$100 is a lot of money... especially if you're building a whole system and are trying to budget around things to get the best overall package. That's enough to buy a good 1gb stick of RAM :), or a lot of money to just pocket and use toward something else.
 
Back
Top