780 Ti on sale now

Will wait for a custom cooled 6GB version if one ever arrives, I need the extra VRAM as I plan to go 4K soon. Or either that a custom cooled 8GB 290x will be more ideal for me as well.

This was like the quietest flagship video card launch ever.

I ordered one from Newegg and then cancelled 20 minutes later. I have a Titan. I just can't do it.

lol $699 what is nvidia smoking on, they need to lower the GTX 780 to $400 and GTX 780 TI to $550 if they want to dominate the market

Wake me up when the 6 GB Classified models arrive. Currently on 2160p so 3 GB does not cut the mustard.

Thank you,
Monnie

Will nVidia discontinue Titan, when they have a GPU that is faster and 300$ less than Titan?

Last edited:
This is strange. Why would someone buy Titan, when you have fastest single GPU for 300 bucks less? Will nVidia discontinue Titan?

It would imagine so. What will people who bought them for thousand each sell them for?

This is strange. Why would someone buy Titan, when you have fastest single GPU for 300 bucks less? Will nVidia discontinue Titan?

I would imagine so. What will people who bought them for thousand each sell them for?

There appears to be an endless supply of Galaxy 780Ti cards at TD ... didn't sell out all day.

I would imagine so. What will people who bought them for thousand each sell them for?

That time there was no competitor for titan and 780. nVidia took a lot of advantage of that situation and earned millions within 7 months. When AMD came with its 280/290 series, it priced its GPUs keeping nVidia's price into consideration.

Imagine a situation, if nVidia would have priced these cards within the range of 5K, then AMD comes up with a competitor card price it around 3-3.5k thus stating, that their cards run faster than nVidia and still cost almost half.

the evga 780ti i ordered around 9am pst is backorded supposedly as of 9pm ... they just emailed me.. WTF

Question for you [H]ers... is the 780 Ti as fast as a pair of 680s in SLI mode at 2560x1600?

Back