780 = Cell --- 290(x) = SSJ2 Gohan

tybert7

2[H]4U
it all makes sense now

Cell destroys all comers (nvidia - green - just go with it) for a long time, and not even in it's final form. Gohan (AMD) comes along and manhandles Cell (Nvidia), then Cell/Nvidia goes to final form and starts winning the final battle...

Then Gohan/AMD's partners chip in and allow him to unlock all his power kept back by thermals/mental state.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t22NEpftU2k

.................................................. K

Just wait until Intel gets some sensu beans :) (It really is amazing what billions and billions into r&d can get you)

The DBZ analogy is spot on. Because just, like DBZ, the graphics card battle between AMD and Nvidia, is long and drawn out, before something actually interesting releases.

First someone brings back a 7 year old thread and then a DBZ analogy. This is greatness all the way around.

The DBZ analogy is spot on. Because just, like DBZ, the graphics card battle between AMD and Nvidia, is long and drawn out, before something actually interesting releases.

+1

Hah, I had to click on this thread just to see wtf he/she was talking about! :D

Given the comparison and the simple fact that yelling more means more power, i fail to see why the shrieking banshee know as the 290x is not the most powerful of them all!

Just wait until Intel gets some sensu beans :) (It really is amazing what billions and billions into r&d can get you)

Well, Cell did get a Senzu bean before gohan entered the fight. Courtesy of Goku. Great job, Goku.

Given the comparison and the simple fact that yelling more means more power, i fail to see why the shrieking banshee know as the 290x is not the most powerful of them all!

Much of DBZ is spent suggesting or demonstrating that Gohan is the 'most powerful', what with all the hidden power stuff and all. And he does end up just barely overpowering peak-power Cell. I like this analogy, as WTF as it is.

Back