775 mobo advice for SLI w dual 8800GTX's

H4rM

n00b
I need to upgrade and just got a Core 2 Duo 2.66 cpu, and have the SLI going in another rig using an AMD5000+ cpu and the Asus M2N32 SLI Deluxe with 2Gb of OCZ nVidia SLI ram (PC2 7200 SLI Ready 4-4-3-15 DDR2 ram) SLI Ram, but want to move up with my C2Duo.
I was hoping I could get advice on a very good board with dual gigabit network, SLI x16 slots, and the nForce 680i chipset.
I was looking around and found this board:
EVGA 122-CK-NF68-AR Socket T (LGA 775) NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel

What do you guys think, or if I can get the same or better for less let me know.

use the forum search with keyword "680i"

If you do get one, dont install Vista on it.

Don't install Vista on 680i mobo's?
What then would be a great SLI motherboard for the Core 2 Duo (2.66) to run Vista on?!

Strange how nVidia even points you to the 680i EVGA board for Vista.

I was thinking of getting the EVGA 680i SLI motherboard or the Asus Striker Extreme. What do you guys think of these boards?

Strange how nVidia even points you to the 680i EVGA board for Vista.
it's an nVida reference mobo which they sell to eVGA ...
Presumably they make more that way than selling just the chipset to someone like abit, Asus, DFI, Gigabyte & MSI who all design & build their own boards.

You get 2x16 SLi in an Asus P5N32sli premium 590 chipset. Not that i would but it is there with your requirements. The biggest problem with the EVGA 680i is that it iis buggy. I think with the newest bios p25 they have worked out alot. Still it is a work in progress although i do have vista runing on mine with good results, minus the sli support

the 680i it's a nice board, easy to overclock but a bit buggy, I haven't had any major issues with mine, if I was to do it all over again, I will still get the 680i, it's an excellent board in my opinion.

Yeah I bought the BFG 680i SLI motherboard. I dont use any additional sound cards so I shouldn't have too many problems.

Thanks guys for the advice, pro and con. I read alot around and it doesnt look like I will have too many issues.

SLI doesn't exist in Vista yet, to answer your question.

It's not the eVGA that's buggy, it's ANY board that follows nVidia's 680i reference design (anything not Asus, pretty much).

Back