75mm High Profile Heatsink/fan

So does the Thermalright AXP-200 Muscle and Cryorig C1 rated for 91W ? Are they a lot better ?

Would the Reeven not fit?
AA09_130954878304883151VTHPKa6mMS.jpg

You ask for a cooler, I list two, and then you go and pick quite literally the WORST cooler you could have found. That cooler is worse than the stock cooler and being a centrifugal fan like that on a GPU, it's going to be loud as hell. Do yourself a favor and stay FAR away from anything Thermaltake, NOT to be confused with Thermalright, who make high quality coolers.

Would the Reeven not fit?
AA09_130954878304883151VTHPKa6mMS.jpg

Yes, it will fit, lower cooling ability then the two listed above and much harder to find, only Performance PCs and Newegg carry them but are almost always out of stock and when NE gets any stock it ships from Asia. One good thing about them are cheap prices, however they still seem to have serious supply issues here in the states.

No one can answer that, temp depends on chip, case, ambient, etc etc.

You can OC on the stock HSF, how far you get is another story and again depends on the chip.

How cool will the

Thermalright AXP-200 Muscle

and

Cryorig C1

make my i7 7700k at load temp ? Could I overclock ?

If you want to OC in a SFF case, I'd highly recommend liquid cooling. A 120/140mm AIO will be 10-15c better than any of these low profile coolers.

Custom Loop (if you have the time, expertise and money) > Big Air Cooler (if it can fit) > AIO (if it can fit) > Low Profile (if you're not going to OC and nothing else will fit in the case).

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
We can answer these questions all day, what are you looking for? What case? What is the budget?

I have zero reason to think it will do any better or worse than any of these other coolers. It's just one more 120x120 low profile cooler with a fan.
http://www.anandtech.com/show/11041/horizontal-cpu-coolers-3way-roundup/6

The *only* not awful LP cooler is the Noctua NH-C14S. It is only okay and won't fit in 75mm

You might be able to make the the Cryorig C1 less bad by swapping out a normal 140x25mm fan.

I wouldn't put anything with a 120mm fan on a 7700K.

I ordered the Reeven Steropes RC-1206b but then canceled it.

Going to get the Thermalright AXP-200 Muscle instead. Seems to be better. I could be wrong though.

Install the heatsink with the included fan first and see if you have any room left over in your case. Many cases have a little bit more room than the specs say. Not a lot, maybe 1cm, but it might be enough.

Install the heatsink with the included fan first and see if you have any room left over in your case. Many cases have a little bit more room than the specs say. Not a lot, maybe 1cm, but it might be enough.

Ok.

So the Thermalright AXP-200 Muscle is a good chose ?

What about the Thermalright AXP-200R?

So far even without the Thermalright AXP-200 Muscle, right now, I have 39C idle temps. Which isn't that bad for a i7 7700k.

I expect to get at least 35c idle temps at least with the Thermalright AXP-200 Muscle.

So far even without the Thermalright AXP-200 Muscle, right now, I have 39C idle temps. Which isn't that bad for a i7 7700k.

I expect to get at least 35c idle temps at least with the Thermalright AXP-200 Muscle.

Idle temps mean just about nothing.

Got it down to 65C on load with lowering cpu voltage. Not sure if this is bad lol.

My case is a Lian-Li PC-O12. http://www.lian-li.com/en/dt_portfolio/pc-o12/

Still not sure if I am keeping the case because of the 75mm heatsink/fan clearance limit. :( I didn't realize this would be a issue.

Haven't figured out where to mount a SSD on this case but its ok.

The best part of the case is the way the video card is out of the way and on the other side! So changing out video cards is less of a hassle with all the cords. Oh yeah I still need to organize my cords.

R5QCsNv.jpg

xrwgE3Q.jpg

O7k6IAw.jpg

r8hrLLK.jpg

Sooo....You are looking for a cooler, but limit yourself to low profile air coolers, and now finally post what case you have after I asked that WAY up at the start, and you are not running some SFF case, but rather a case that supports dual rads up from and a triple up top.... :banghead:

Ok I ordered 5 more CPU heat sink/fan coolers that are 75mm or less to test and see which one does the best.

Why? And why not get an AIO or watercooling setup which this case supports? Just about any AIO will cool many times better than a low profile HSF.

Back