74 GB WD Raptor

MaMMa

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Aug 11, 2004
Messages
6,778
I just got one of these for my DFI Lanparty NFII ULtra rev b.

at the beggining after the dfi boot logo, Theres this black screen that says Press CTRL+S or hit F4 ( NOT F6 ) To enter RAID Utilities or something. Just below it it says something like :

0 WD740GD

I press F4 and go in, its to set up RAID0 , RAID1 and so one. (This is not BIOS)

There is nothing to press F6. I have win2k loaded on my 160 gig. So i boot to windows and the raptor is recognized as a " Simple Volume " and is labled as a drive in my computer. I can put files into the drive and everything BUT it won't pick up in BIOS. So... When I pop in my win2k cd to install windows on it, the drives does not pick up during installation.

I installed all the raid drivers also. And yes its been formatted time and time agian. Its weird. What am I doing wrong?
 
It won't show up in the regular BIOS because it's on the SATA controller, not on the nForce chipset itself.

Never bother with the RAID setup utility when you only have 1 drive in the first place.

You need to either slipstream SiI3112-RAID drivers onto your XP CD or burn them to a floppy disk and use the F6 key to load them during Windows setup.
 
OOOO you press F6 during the setup, I had the impression that I was suppsed to press it during boot up.

ANd yes I didnt want to run RAID, and was getting confused on why I thought I had to go in there. THanks, gonna try it now!

edit:

One thing now though, I can't find the driver for the SATA for my board on the DFI website? I looked under all the drivers under my board and theres nothing about SATA. HELP?!

DFI Lanparty NFII Ultra rev b,
 
Back
Top