700w XVSeries ULTrA

jinho11104

n00b
I've asked this question in many forums and i want opinions from everybody.

I want to know if this card can SLI 8800gt?

I got 2 8800gt and when i try it I see a 1K boost from 3dmark06
but i don't think i am getting any boost in games.

SPECS:
6000+ AM2
8800gt
BIOSTAR 590 deluxe
500GB HDD
silent knight 2
vantec cooler

thanks

I got 2 8800gt and when i try it I see a 1K boost from 3dmark06
but i don't think i am getting any boost in games.

Well duh. 3DMark06 is a synthetic benchmark, which is in no way representative of real world gameplay. I'm guessing since you're posting here that you think your PSU is causing the performance problem?

Well it's not. A PSU problem would mean a stability problem, not a performance problem. So look elsewhere as to why you're not getting the "boost" in games. Like for example:
- What resolution are you playing the games at? If' it is below 1920x1200, then no you will not see any tangible performance increase with 8800GT SLI.
- What games you're playing? There are still some games out there that do not scale well with SLI
- Did you update the drivers? Are you sure you enabled SLI?

Well duh. 3DMark06 is a synthetic benchmark, which is in no way representative of real world gameplay. I'm guessing since you're posting here that you think your PSU is causing the performance problem?

Well it's not. A PSU problem would mean a stability problem, not a performance problem. So look elsewhere as to why you're not getting the "boost" in games. Like for example:
- What resolution are you playing the games at? If' it is below 1920x1200, then no you will not see any tangible performance increase with 8800GT SLI.
- What games you're playing? There are still some games out there that do not scale well with SLI
- Did you update the drivers? Are you sure you enabled SLI?

i went around asking.. many ppl told me it wsa the PSU wintech oem that was the problem.

it happened to me with 2 MOBOs and 2 different 8800gt cards with the same PSU

i know i have turned on sli in both nvidia panel and bios.

i get lower fps than when i used 2 cards and i also get weird stuttering problems in source engine games

Again, what resolution are you gaming at? '

In any case, I see that you already bought a new PSU. Good luck with that one.

Again, what resolution are you gaming at? '

In any case, I see that you already bought a new PSU. Good luck with that one.

well for the PSU, either way i was planning on getting one since the satas and molex has been blown off(some)

i paly 1440 X 900

well for the PSU, either way i was planning on getting one since the satas and molex has been blown off(some)

i paly 1440 X 900

Well like I said earlier, if you're not gaming at 1920x1200 or higher, SLI won't provide a noticeable performance increase at lower resolutions.

Back