$70 budget.

I currently am borrowing an EpoX optimus from a friend, but he wants it back, which puts me in the market for a new motherboard. It needs to support my current 4600+, DDR2, and a Phenom II(eventually).

I'd also like it to be ATX and stable as hell.

HellToµpée;1034328469 said:
Can anyone vouch for either of these boards?

These are the exact ones I am stuck between.

Asrock = bottom of the barrle for OCing. Gigabyte all the way.

Asrock = bottom of the barrle for OCing. Gigabyte all the way.

Not really, no. OC'd a 7750 BE from 2.7 to 3.2 easily with a .1v vcore bump on an ASRock A780GMH/128M quite easily. Stop spreading this misinformation, thanks!

Not really, no. OC'd a 7750 BE from 2.7 to 3.2 easily with a .1v vcore bump on an ASRock A780GMH/128M quite easily. Stop spreading this misinformation, thanks!

Good for you. Ive taken one to 3.6Ghz on a Gig board. The Asrock I had, had such unstable voltages, it was rediculous. Unstable voltages is horrible on a CPU.

Go with the Gig, its the best for the money.

The mis-information around here is just as bad as the voltage fluctuation on Asrock boards. There is a reason they are budget boards.

Hate to say it but Cecil is on the money. The recent ASRock boards I've seen all have terrible voltage fluctuation issues even when compared to other "budget" motherboards. Very disappointing. That and the BIOS settings for OCing on ASRock boards have a well earned reputation for being completely backwards which I can attest to. Not bad boards in the least but not ideal for overclocking of any sort either.

Asrock are good motherboards on the budget.

Depends on the board. I've had some that were great, and I've had others that were flaky. I've had better consistency with Gigabyte boards, but that's just me.

Out of those two, I'd probably go with the Gigabyte.

Back