7 Things I Still Hate About Windows 10

Its not that MS didn't think some people wouldn't like it, its that they're testing to see how much they can get away with. If there's enough of backlash, they'll PR release that they "Listened to customers" to "make Windows 10 even better!" and make the opt-out and disable settings actually do something, and/or be more transparent about what they're creepily transmitting to the mothership constantly.

I've opted out of everything there is to opt out of and I've been monitoring my network activity and haven't seen anything unusual going on. You got any proof of secret mothership transmissions? And don't say you can hear them in your brains.

hopefully, you saw that they just released updated nvidia drivers today as noted by [H] and selected those instead.

-------------------------------

And nope I don't buy into the MS is encrypting spyware and bringing down the man! :)

oops forgot to mention that i had selected to give MS full access to get the preview build...then thought not when i read risk of losing data. It had turned some of my toggles back on so wasn't a mystery afterall.

hopefully, you saw that they just released updated nvidia drivers today as noted by [H] and selected those instead.

I just tried these.

Still have the dreaded "black screen after game" bug.

I'm not the only one with these problems on these forums, and its not even in the list of known issues...

Is there a simple list or website that shows you how to turn off all the spying in windows 10 and provides an explanation of what you are turning off and the consequences of doing so? Basically something that goes from start to finish for installing windows 10 from scratch and what to do at each step, I.e. creating a local acct, disabling the automatic updates, etc.
This would allow people to pick and choose based on their paranoia level.

Back