6970 x 2 Crossfire + Blackops HELP

ReTiCuLeX

Gawd
I have the latest drivers 11.2 and newest application profiles. I do not see any type of performance gain at all in Call of Duty Black Ops. My GPU usage on the second card is 0 in MSI afterburner.

Can someone help? I do not even know where to see any game profiles like nvidia has for SLi.

Blackops doesn't need two 6970s unless at a very high resolution, so what's the issue?

His second card is at usage 0%. That doesn't sound normal...

Have you tried another game and checked it out?

Also stupid question but isn't there a multi-gpu setting in BLOPS that you can check on or off?(Every other cod had it so black ops should)

just a stupid question - but you have crossfire enabled right? I think you have to turn it on in the drivers.

Crossfire is enabled. I reinstalled the drivers now my GPU usage is 33-40ish on the second card. At least it works now.

Crappy part is my two 470 GTX's had a stable frame rate of 125, with these cards I don't.
I'll never go AMD again after this experience.

Crossfire is enabled. I reinstalled the drivers now my GPU usage is 33-40ish on the second card. At least it works now.

Crappy part is my two 470 GTX's had a stable frame rate of 125, with these cards I don't.
I'll never go AMD again after this experience.

the problem isn't AMD the problem is the pos game running a 4 year old engine which still doesn't have crossfire support implemented correctly.

Real crappy. I feel like I took an extra $375 and tossed it out the window for this game.

I wish I actually read the crossfire support wasn't there before hand. Isn't crysis 2 around the corner anyhow?

go in config_mp.cfg and make sure seta r_multiGpu is set to "1"

what res do you play at? I have one 6970 I play at 1920x1200 with everything max and I get 91 fps constant, anything after 91 is pointless anyway in this engine.

Hey Rattle thanks it's been set to 1 for Multi GPU. Also 125 is important for me due to scriming max jump is achieved at 125fps and 333 for the quake engine to jump on to objects.

The inconsistent 125 isn't there when shadows is enabled.

lol at 125 for scrim jumping.... if you scrim you dont need eye candy you need razor sharpness and performance, which means just AA with all effects turned down, you still would get 125 fps and what res do you play at ?

you can adjust it, though few things really get it to throttle itself in the first place.

Blackops won't cause throttling at 0%, so changing it to 20% will do nothing. Also lol, you need 125fps for a bug exploit, hilarious. As said, if you're playing crap like that, just turn the detail down.

Back