6970 CFX Desktop artifacts

zechs3

Limp Gawd
Hey guys,
I just installed two new gpu's and have them in crossfire. I am getting strange artifacts at the desktop. Sometimes the screens will go black, sometimes the whole screen will sort of tear and distort.

I am plugged into the first DVI on the first card, I will be testing out one card combinations, as well as different drivers, just figured if it was something dumb, someone would notice. Thanks guys.

It's happening quite often as I type this. I opened up msi afterburner and gpu2's clocks are higher than gpu1. Here are my stats.

long pic is long

XFX support said it may be the powersupply, changed the moduls the 8pins were going into and so far so good...

That's the thing, I'm plugged into the top DVI on the Top card (the card closest the CPU)
I would figure that card would be the primary, and should be clocking higher at desktop.

Weird...my cards do that from time to time when for example BF3 crashes. The primary card will clock down to 2d speeds but the secondary card will stay at 875mhz. I either have to restart the game and exit gracefully to correct it or reboot.

I am praying it's the new catalyst. I have re installed it like 5 times, with two differant driver cleaners between. Currently without CCC I am pretty stable.

I am going back to 10.9 cap 3. Which worked beautifully on my 6850's.

I am praying it's the new catalyst. I have re installed it like 5 times, with two differant driver cleaners between. Currently without CCC I am pretty stable.

I am going back to 10.9 cap 3. Which worked beautifully on my 6850's.

The new cats where a bitch for me too. I couldn't complete a driver install. My monitor would blank out like normal but it would never come back on. I ended up downloading the separate components and installing them one by one.

Maybe the cards were displaying this way because I had the crossfire bridge on the wrong slot?

Would that do this?

update :

I changed the bridge, and I think most importantly uninstalled the drivers, uninstalled afterburner, ran ATIman and driver sweeeper, and then reinstalled the drivers and caps. With restarts whenever prompted...

Just in case someone ever has any similar issues... do the above; thanks met-al.

Last edited:
Back