6950 install help

jloutz

Weaksauce
I installed the card and tried both the 10.11 and 10.12 drivers. At 1920 x 1080 the image doesn't stretch even close to fill the monitor (Westinghouse LVM-37w3). Also, why does GPU-Z show the card as a 6719?

OgcBn.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

6719 is just the device ID so that the driver knows what your card is. You are using a very old version of GPU-Z so it doesn't know what your card is. The current version is 0.4.9

You need to change the scaling options. TVs overscan so through HDMI the driver underscans to compensate. Monitors don't overscan so you get a border. I personally prefer the new Control Panel. Go to Desktops and Displays\My Digital Flat Panels\Scaling Options. If you use the old Control Panel then go to Desktops and Displays, right click the icon in the bottom left for your display and select Configure. Go to Scaling Options. Change the slider to 0 and it will look fine.

You can also fix the picture to fill the screen in CCC.

-Go to desktops and Displays.
-at the bottom were it has all your screens ( or screen ) click the drop down arrow and his configure. Important, not the screen in the gray box, below that.
-This will bring you too another menu, under image scaling make sure "enable GPU scaling" is ticked off
-enjoy

Back