6900 xt power connector question

s002wjh

Limp Gawd
i notice 6900xt require 3x 8pin pcie connector, my PSU only have 2 x (6pin+2) connector and 4x4 cpu and few 6 pin PCIE connector, is it ok to connect 4x4 cpu or 6 pin connector to the 3rd 6900xt power connectors?

what i mean is the 2x4pin=8pin power connector. its like the 6+2 except its 4+4 split <- the connector at the psu side is 8 pin

Last edited:
no. you could probably get away with a molex to 8pin adapter but its not preferred. what psu you trying to use?

i notice 6900xt require 3x 8pin pcie connector, my PSU only have 2 x (6pin+2) connector and 4x4 cpu and few 6 pin PCIE connector, is it ok to connect 4x4 cpu or 6 pin connector to the 3rd 6900xt power connectors?
If you have TWO available 6 pin connectors you can buy an adapter that will convert those two to an 8 pin. You most certainly can not use the 4 pin cpu for this.

If you have TWO available 6 pin connectors you can buy an adapter that will convert those two to an 8 pin. You most certainly can not use the 4 pin cpu for this.
what i mean is the 2x4pin=8pin power connector. its like the 6+2 except its 4+4 split <- the connector at the psu side is 8 pin

Ok... So from this post it says to me you have 2x 6+2 pin connectors (so, 8 pin) and "a few" 6 pins. Use an adapter to turn two of those "few" into an 8pin.

ok thanks, just checking, my PSU still has few 8 pin connector label (cpu/pcie), i just dont have the 8pin gpu cable, ill just buy a 8pin gpu cable then.

ok thanks, just checking, my PSU still has few 8 pin connector label (cpu/pcie), i just dont have the 8pin gpu cable, ill just buy a 8pin gpu cable then.
Make sure you buy the one specifically for your psu. All manufacturers use different pin layouts. There is no standard.

Make sure you buy the one specifically for your psu. All manufacturers use different pin layouts. There is no standard.
interesting didn't know that, i have a seasonic 750w, i think most cable is compatible with that.

interesting didn't know that, i have a seasonic 750w, i think most cable is compatible with that.

A good place might be an aftermarket cable place making sleeved cables or something like that. Just find a match for your PSU. Hopefully you don't have to buy the entire kit to get the one cable you need.

A good place might be an aftermarket cable place making sleeved cables or something like that. Just find a match for your PSU. Hopefully you don't have to buy the entire kit to get the one cable you need.
You can buy custom cables by the cable from cablemod. It is not cheap tho.

Back