Hey All,
Little confused on the 6850/6870 can someone please clarify/verify for me?
The 6850 has 2 dvi, 1 hdmi, and 1 dp. The 2 dvi and 1 hdmi share one channel so you can only use two of those three ports at once AND the dp port so you can only run 3 monitors simultaneously.
If you do plug in 3 monitors, will Win7 recognize each one as a separate monitor? Does it require any special setup to run the three of them as extended off your primary monitor?
Also, DP to DVI adapters, do I have to buy those expensive ones or can I just use one of those Apple dvi to dp adapters that are like 10 bucks on amazon?
Are there any cards that can run 4 monitors right now?
Little confused on the 6850/6870 can someone please clarify/verify for me?
The 6850 has 2 dvi, 1 hdmi, and 1 dp. The 2 dvi and 1 hdmi share one channel so you can only use two of those three ports at once AND the dp port so you can only run 3 monitors simultaneously.
If you do plug in 3 monitors, will Win7 recognize each one as a separate monitor? Does it require any special setup to run the three of them as extended off your primary monitor?
Also, DP to DVI adapters, do I have to buy those expensive ones or can I just use one of those Apple dvi to dp adapters that are like 10 bucks on amazon?
Are there any cards that can run 4 monitors right now?