6800oc problem.....

umcpgrad

2[H]4U
so I have bfg 6800oc
I started having problem with it since last night

it suddenly turned off last night... and after I restarted microsoft viewer said... something about how it was my video card driver...

since I installed the newest driver...
and when I played a game just now... it froze... and monitor turned off again... and computer rebooted...

um..

whats the problem here?!?!? :confused:

What kind of PSU are you running? And what else is in your box? If you don't have enough juice, that could be ther problem.

Or else your video card is bunk. Good thing you got a BFG, lifetime warranty ;).

i have a 550 watt p/s

and it just suddenly happened...

and of course.. I just suddenly yesterday clicked on an e-mail filled with viruses too...
maybe virus is the problem??

Need way more info than what you're providing to properly diagnose what's wrong.

well, I got 2600+ amd xp
asus a7v333 asus with 512 ram.

not really sure what else we need.. but I think it might be a virus related problem??
or video card heating up??

Do you run anti-virus? Have you updated it? Have you made a full system scan? What brand is the PSU? What are the temps on the card? That kinda info...

I have the same card, and my experience is that they are shit. I even get artifacts and "snow" on default speeds...but then again, this forum has heard enough bitching about my card...

Full ACK. 6800OC's in fact are shit - i have seen 7 of those little bastards already and NO single one has made any point at OC, 2 of them even didn't work at stock speeds...;)

good tip: get another card!

i did virus scan..
and caught 21 viruses!! holy crap!! that e-mail fed me over..

but yea.. it seems to be working now...

I did call bfg ..and waited 15 mins on the phone... and the tech guy said... try it on another comp.. and use another graphic card on my computer. If everything don't work return it to the store or return it to bfg and they'll give me another card...

but everything seems to be working now... i hope... because I just got the card for 2 weeks!! :(

btw.. I did just buy evga's 6800 gt... for 415...

I couldn't help it... :eek: :D ;)

Lord said:
Full ACK. 6800OC's in fact are shit - i have seen 7 of those little bastards already and NO single one has made any point at OC, 2 of them even didn't work at stock speeds...;)

good tip: get another card!

*Raises hand* Um... I love my 6800 OC.... ? It works fine, overclocks fine, unlocks fine, stays cool, no problems :).

I do agree though that the RAM doesn't OC as much as it could.

umcpgrad said:
I did call bfg ..and waited 15 mins on the phone... and the tech guy said... try it on another comp.. and use another graphic card on my computer. If everything don't work return it to the store or return it to bfg and they'll give me another card...

That's weird, that the rept told ya that... Don't think he's supposed to, heck the card itself even comes with a paper slip that reinforces BFG's lifetime guarantee and explicitly states not to return the card to the store if there's something wrong but to them. /shrug

he said return to store first, if that doesn't work send it back to bfg..
:confused:

but it works now... on my back up computer..

my main comp I got 6800gt!!!!

woohoo!! :eek:

Impulse said:
That's weird, that the rept told ya that... Don't think he's supposed to, heck the card itself even comes with a paper slip that reinforces BFG's lifetime guarantee and explicitly states not to return the card to the store if there's something wrong but to them. /shrug
Ha, right.

Two choices:

1. Take it back to Best Buy down the street, and immediately get a new card that works
2. Spend the money to package it up and ship it to BFG only to get somebody elses busted card in return.

Back