6800OC + Far Cry + HL2 = $249

i just checked my receipt and it said i paid 269.99 for the card. $30 instant rebate. weird.

my grand total including tax was $350.37. The $105 rebate would bring it down to 245. that INCLUDES tax

donahue said:
So if I did this would it be worth it to get Rewards Zone first?
Not really, unless you shop there for other things.

I only got the card because i'm sure it will pay for itself within a year. $300 in purchases (subtracting rebate amounts?) and the card pays for itself. I can buy that much loss leader stuff, no sweat.

donahue said:
How are you guys getting the card for $269.99 and then HL2 for $54.99? The ad I hold in my hands says $299.99 for the card. I already have HL2, so I'd probably eBay it, unless someone here wants it. :D

Thats just how mine rang up.

It was 299.99 with $30 off
269.99 with 30 off.

I have no idea why but it I am guessing it has something to do with my rewardzone.

Got this from Slickdeals:
Buy 4 computer items, total price 20% off. So buy some $5 cables or blank disks and get an additional $70 off. Possible amazingly hot deal, but as always YMMV.

just got mine, 30$ instant rebate, and then the 105$ mail in rebate....phucking sweet. total w/o tax came to 324. Everyone should get in on this shit, it's a sweet ass deal, even if you have HL2, just sell it for 40 on egay and you've gotten a 6800nu for 180.

Has anyone looked inside the HL2 box yet? I read that there was a $20 off rebate card valid if you buy an ATI video card. I already have a Bronze steam package, but I would keep the retail boxed version if there's such a rebate coupon inside. I assume it's also only for certain models...?

Thanks.

I just picked mine up to and donahue its an extra 10% off the card that they didn't advertise for buying a graphics card with game or something that applies to alot of other combos not just this one... at least thats what the guy who checked me out said.

Just got my combo. The 6800 rang up for $299.99 and Half Life 2 came up at $54.99, then there's a $30 discount bringing the total to $352.20 with tax. Take $105 from that and I have a sweet ass card and two games for $247.20.

Anyone looking for a video card should jump on this before it's gone. I'll have to work some OT this week to pay for it (unplanned purchase) but well worth it. :p

Waitaminute! I've been to WorstBuy lotza times and I have never seen a 6800 package that has FarCry and Doom III OEM discs included. Only FarCry is included. Can someone confirm that such a 6800 package even exists?

Dang it, couldn't go today :mad:
Is this a sunday-only deal? Or does it last for the week, as long as supplies last?
If anyone who got this deal wants to sell it to me (full bundle), I might paypal someone the rebate price by paypal, if you want to do the rebate yourself.
Damn, I want this!!!!!

ikellensbro said:
Dang it, couldn't go today :mad:
Is this a sunday-only deal? Or does it last for the week, as long as supplies last?
If anyone who got this deal wants to sell it to me (full bundle), I might paypal someone the rebate price by paypal, if you want to do the rebate yourself.
Damn, I want this!!!!!

Bro,

This deal is good all week, weekly ad from today till Saturday. If you find a Best Buy that has one, pick it up and a retail Half Life 2...everything should ring up at the register. Again, this deal is for the BFG 6800OC NU, Far Cry (bundled with video card) & Half Life 2 (retail box). Again, awesome deal so act quick.

Is this available in NYC also, cause I had a look at the card in my BB in Queens and it didn't look like they had any rebates going on. in any case they didn't have any in stock anyway.

yeah my store didn't have it advertised in the actual store itself...

the staff seemed to be clueless about the whole thing but i showed them the ad and they said that if the rebate didn't print out when they rang it up, they'd void it.

lol one of the tech guys was suprised by it and said 'holy crap this is a good deal' after checking the 6800 box and the ad about 10 times.

i need a new vid card, and hl2
my only concern is this...
my setup at the moment is as follows
KG7-raid mobo
512 meg PC2100DDR ram
Raid 0 hd array
AMD 1800XP CPU

will this run hl2 at med-high quality?
please please please say it is so :)

par0thead151 said:
please please please say it is so :)

I would say that you would be fine, you would be CPU limited, but to be honest, I would be more concerned about your PSU than other components.

your setup w/ a 9800 pro would do med-high w/ AA and AF easily. With a 6800 nu it only gets better. I can't remember what site it was, but "is your comp ready" article had the exact same cpu as you 1800+ and tested it w/ a couple of cards. Get in on this deal and love yourself, i'm friggin loving this card right now.

PSU really??
i have a comp USA 500 watt PSU
it has servedme well so far...
however i have 6 hard drives on it rightnow and my setup...

ok, i will be goin to best buy tomorrow. and i hope its in stock so i can getthe rebate..
is this rebate postbarked or recieved by dec 5th or whatever day in dec its due?
also i have a sound blaster extigy, is that good for the sound in the game? the EAX sound stuff or dolby etc etc
damn this game is going to drop my exam % drasticly
hahahah
finals are in 3 weeks

how long should i expect to wait for steam to DL once i have hl2 in my PC?

Took me about 16 hours to DL it. I started it at about noon and had to leave the comp on all night cuz it was still going at midnight. If I remember correctly, that is. I have slow DSL if that matters.

take the extra hl2 and sell it for $40. for 6800oc, FC, and HL2 for $250? why must these deals come about when i'm broke!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interesting, the card looks to be the exact same PCB color and design (possible exception of the heatsink/fan) as the PNY cards from CompUSA.

LoneWolf said:
Interesting, the card looks to be the exact same PCB color and design (possible exception of the heatsink/fan) as the PNY cards from CompUSA.
Someone might think they both use the same reference PCB design as virtually all other 6800s, huh?

:p

you wont need to download steam after you install hl2 from the media...

you get the retail box with this deal, not just an activation key. installation is still damn slow... especially the decrypting process.

I really haven't been an nVidia fan ever since that whole debacle with 3DMark and everything a few years back, but I'm about to say the hell with that...

I just want to clarify something: the deal is actually $219.98 + tax!

The ad is $299.99 + 54.99 - $105 = $249.98 + tax
BUT, the ad doesn't mention the $30 instant rebate EVERYONE gets!
The IR is 10% off Graphics Card with purchase of Memory Upgrade, HL2 or Sims2.
So, the deal is now: $299.99 + $54.99 - $30 - 105 = $219.98 + tax!

My out the door price was $269.99 + $54.99 + $24.37(tax) = $349.35
Final total = $244.35 AR

Also, the 6800 OC's at my BestBuy had the full 2-fan with heatpipe heatsink (NOT the reference heatsink).

Just picked mine up and I had to ask about the instant rebate before she would take it off.

What a great deal. My card rang up $269.99 as well. They did make me do one more thing before I left the store though...I had to put horns on and run around the store yelling "I'm a devil customer!" :D

Took advantage of this deal. I sold my 9800 a few weeks ago and told myself I would wait untill christmas to get a new card...But man. this was too good to pass by.

I didnt get the extra pipes, but its not THAT big of a deal.

Although the cashier lady had to lie about my age...i didnt know Best Buy checked ID's for Mature games now? Im 17 in a few months anyway.

HOWEVER, if i go kill someone with a flying crate, you bet im going to blame it on HL2. Gravity guns fry kids brains.

Got me one too, the heatsinks on these bad-boys look much better than the PNY's etc. Is it reasonable to assume they will overclock better as well?

BFG is the only nVidia card I would buy... just like BB ATI / Sapphire are the only Radeon cards I will buy... consistantly high quality parts that don't fail me when I need them most.

I am currently building a new system for Christmas and one of my main motivations was to play Half Life 2. This deal is amazing. If it were not for this package, I would be buying a $240 GeForce 6600 GT AGP. This knocks out two birds with one stone and I get a significantly better card for less, and HL2!

How do you get the extra 30 off, its not advertised on the site. Checkout cost online:

Cost Summary

Product Total: $354.98
Shipping & Handling: FREE
Tax: $21.30
Order Total: $376.28

ta7mike said:
How do you get the extra 30 off, its not advertised on the site. Checkout cost online:

Cost Summary

Product Total: $354.98
Shipping & Handling: FREE
Tax: $21.30
Order Total: $376.28

It is an 10% instant rebate with the purchase of a graphics card and a HL2, Sims 2 or a memory upgrade.

I believe it is in store only.

draksia said:
I believe it is in store only.
:eek: that reminds me... when i went for the deal i ordered one for in-store pick up in case they ran out. they're still holding one for me.

and yeah, no discount for the bundle when ordered online.

Back