6800OC + Far Cry + HL2 = $249

I picked one up in Sacramento, California tonight. Here's what it came out to:

card 299.99
HL2 54.99
10% off : -30.00
tax: 25.19
---------------------------
Total: 350.17

Also got form for 105 rebate, which will come out to be 245.17. Not a bad deal i think. Anyone know how much i can get for my old AGP Gainward gf3 and PCI pny 32mb TNT2?

There were 4 video cards left at the Springfield, MO Best Buy around noon (11/30). I asked the guys on the sales floor about the 10% off and they didn't know anything about it, but it rang up with the 10% off. I can't wait till Christmas when my wife will let me use this new card :D

i tried the 10% off with the x700 Pro 256MB and Sims2. Didn't work. :mad:

The $20 printable coupon did work though. :D I'll make a thread about that deal.

i wonder if you could use that 20 dollar off on half life 2..

then check out the 6800 and get 10% off it and that 105 rebate?

anyone try this yet?

im gong to tonight.. i already bought mine but ill see what happens if i go back and try.

ill report back soon.

it would not be combining coupons i do not think since you are using 2 separate coupons on 2 diff things.

I went tonight with $84 in my checking account and $50 cash. Luckily the only one left had a huge dent in the box so I wouldn't have gotten it anyway. I hate it when they drop something off one of those portable stair cases then try to sell it, at least repackage it, come on Best Buy.

I just got one the other day. Sweet deal. I noticed that the rebate form says to send in the form and the receipt. It doesn't say anything about sending in the upc. Is this is typo? All the other rebates i've sent in all required the upc. Should I send in the upc too just in case or is it totally unneccessary.

Pho said:
I just got one the other day. Sweet deal. I noticed that the rebate form says to send in the form and the receipt. It doesn't say anything about sending in the upc. Is this is typo? All the other rebates i've sent in all required the upc. Should I send in the upc too just in case or is it totally unneccessary.

I noticed that too! Asked the rep at Best Buy and they said to do what the rebate form says. I'm not sure if I should do this because I don't want them contacting me 4 to 6 weeks later saying my rebate will be delayed because I didn't include the "proof of purchase." I will check on this tomorrow and post an update.

Cool, I just got $20 off $200 or more purchase at BB... That makes this deal even sweeter.. :) Now all I need is some cash.. GRRR :(

yo it worked!

got 20 off Hl2... and 10% off purchase and a 105 rebate..

so total price is now 226.67 after tax!!!!

Then you are very lucky getting both the 10% off and the $20 coupon to work on the deal together. I and my wife went through two seperate checkouts and when the cashier's ran us through with both deals it VOIDED them both and left the price at the original discount. It wouldnt work with both of them... We had a choice of either or, but not both at once. So we took the 10% on each and the $105 rebates. That was last night in Mason City, IA's BB.

I was emailed (by Best Buy) a $20 off printable coupon..... This offer just gets more tempting. I already have a "vanilla" 6800. Is the OC any better? I could probably Ebay mine after getting this one.

its luck..

or the way i did it.

i bought hl2 and 6800.. then came back and use the 20 on hl2.

might be harder to get both at the same time since they will protest that you are combining coupons/offers..... which you are not since your using 1 for a separate product.

but..... its just luck i guess.

what do you have to do for teh 10% off? you must buy a rewardzone card?

I just went and bought it but was charged 299 for teh card. The 20 coupon did not work. I'll go in and ask tomarrow.

geekcomputing said:
its luck..

or the way i did it.

i bought hl2 and 6800.. then came back and use the 20 on hl2.

might be harder to get both at the same time since they will protest that you are combining coupons/offers..... which you are not since your using 1 for a separate product.

but..... its just luck i guess.
so did you buy TWO copies of HL2?

Mine unlocked the disabled quad and 6th shader. :D I stuck it in my cheapie $99 Sempron 2200+ (@ 1.8GHz, 300MHz o/c w/ stock voltage) system that only has a 250W PSU. No artifacts in 3DMark05 or Doom3, but I think HL2 and Far Cry are better for stress testing.

I get about 3600 points in 3DMark05 at stock speeds (350/700) with all 16 pipes enabled and 6 VS.

Couldn't stand it any longer. My GeForce4 4200 was sooo outdated! So my wife decided that I had been a good boy this year and could have my Christmas present early. We headed down to BB and got one of the 2 cards remaining. We tried the $20 off coupon too, but the register took off the 10% and gave us the $20 off instead. I tried to convince the check out guy that it was two seperate deals, but he said there was nothing he could do. So we got it anyway. On the way out, I told my wife that I wanted to stop off at customer service to see about the $20 off coupon. After about 30 minutes of talking with the lady, she finally gave us the $20 off. She had to ring it up as a price match though, because there was no way to get the computer to do it with the coupon. So...

6800 OC - $269.99
HL2 - $54.99
tax (an unbelievable 9.25% here in Memphis TN) - $30.06
30 minutes in customer service - -$21.85
rebate - -$105

total - $228.19

not bad!!!!

Here's the best part: I don't get paid until Friday, and I only have about $8 in the bank right now. So... I go in there with my check book. I post dated the check for Friday so that even if it somehow gets to my bank before then, they can't charge me overdraft because of the date on the check. After going through customer service, they gave me my $20 back in cash. So... I go in with $8, and come out with a 6800 OC, HL2, and a cool $20. This is a great day!!!!!!

total -

just picked one up from bb and it seems like the softmod did not stick like many other people. this suck

check www.guru3d.com forum sticky under rivatuner

Back