6800 owners, please check in

Hercusleaze said:
Happy enough with this to not give Newegg the 40 bucks they want for the NV silencer 5. I'll pick one up after I trade up to a GT. Maybe they will have come down to a reasonable price by then.

Yeah man, that's nuts.....cus I spent $35 Canadian on my NV5.....which was $45 after express shipping and all. $35 CDN = $27 USD....so yeah.....$40 is a TAD high. :p

Just installed nv5
before
gpu core 63c
amb. 34
load 86c
after with as5
gpu core 51c
amb. 32c
load 67c
running 435\1100
Is it just me but it just doesnt feel like theres any air coming out the back,but it did what i wanted it to.

BFG 6800 OC
Stock Speeds
47C GPU / 35 C ambient
Mid to upper 50's under load
(in my new thermaltake tsunami case :D )

Oddeiga said:
Leadtek 6800GT @ 430/1200
Temps 50 idle, 60ish load
Stock Cooler

What are you doing to get your load temps? Open your control panel for the card, and run rthdribl, and stretch it so that it's taking up basically the whole screen.....and then bring your control panel to the front and watch the temp on the card. Let it sit there for 15-30 minutes and record the temp.

The only reason I said anything was because even though I know the Leadtek's cooler is a bit for "beefy".....a 10C rise in temperature is still kinda unusual for a GT overclocked to those levels. What are your case temps like? If you hadn't before I'd urge you to run rthdribl for about a half hour while you're watching the temperature in your control panel.....as it'll be your best reference.

I know not the format but thought it would help!

NV 5 Silencer & 6800GT & OvClking results

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alittle history:
Beer runinn a couple a days.

As5 on GPU
Cerimique on mem (2.0 darnit)

The copper is basically sandblasted finish, I'd say around 400 grit roughness

Did a lapdance,Shiny as my hiknee (sorry couldn't resist )

all temps at 26c room temps
RTHDRBL at 20 fps / 30 minutes
idle temps: 60 minutes after cold start

Stock cooling / NV 5
.......IDLE:......................... RTHDRBL.............Temp Delta (differance)
MB:........29c / 29c................31c / 31c...............0c / 0c
CPU:......41c / 40c................47c / 44c...............1c / 3c

GPU:......52c / 49c................72c / 66c...............3c / 6c
Ambient:.33c / 29c................45c / 37c...............4c / 8c

The change in MB temps, while not hugh, are due to the hot air being exhausted out the back;. 3 degrees c under load, thankyou.

I was hoping for more, but I'll take the 3c under idle and 6c under load.

One thing I did notice is that the back of the card is much cooler to the touch, But the area where the (not sure what the right name is) power conditioners are (the small inline heatsink that isn't replaced) is still way to friggin hot . If that puppy could be cooled better the whole rig would cool down by a gajillion degrees!
I'll bet that burns out before any [H]ard OvClking on the GPU

Well I am inpressed!
So far I can run rock solid at 425 / 1.13
AquaMark: 58229
3Dmark03: 11939

Not only that but I can increase my FSB also!
I've read that the CPu is a limiting factor on the Video cards performance, But can the VC pull the CPU higher?

Must increase speed, I wonder how far this puppy will go before I get some smoke?

Yeah, I ended up with a 66 or 67 load temp with my NVSilencer on my 6800GT....except at stock I was hitting 77.....so it was a more impressive drop. :p

I didn't bother to check any differences in the CPU temp.....but that soon won't matter. ;)

45 degrees idle...50 degrees load with rithibl. Watercooled with DD nv-68 waterblock.
494 core-1250 memory.

XFX 6800GT (stock everything)
62ish Idle, 48ish ambient
84 after a running rthdrl for a while.

I live 11 degrees north of the equator, so it's hot like that all the time.

odin30 said:
45 degrees idle...50 degrees load with rithibl. Watercooled with DD nv-68 waterblock.
494 core-1250 memory.

Damn you and your NV68.....but I'll be building a kick ass 1/2 setup just for my GT in the next few months so you've given me something to look forward too, even though anything above 470MHz on the core will make me happy. :)

I wonder if some of you guys are measuring your temperatures properly. You are getting some outlandishly low figures with stock cooling. Y'all realize that if you run a program, then quit, then dig around and open the temperature monitor, you've lost 10C+ from the real peak temperatures, right? ;)

Core temps under load for 1 hour with rthdribl running in window when measurements were taken:

BFG 6800 GT OC stock cooler @ stock clocks (370/1.0): 82C
BFG 6800 GT OC NV Silencer 5 @ 400/1.1: 71C

:cool:

I have a BFG 6800 OC (w ABIT UGURU on "turbo" [agp freq 72mhz])
Edit: 43-44c without load, 28 ambient

I don't know what the temps are. Is there an on-die thermal probe?
What program do I use to find this?

VVVVVV Thanks, I never even thought to check before, I just got it set up and running a few days ago.

wonder if some of you guys are measuring your temperatures properly. You are getting some outlandishly low figures with stock cooling. Y'all realize that if you run a program, then quit, then dig around and open the temperature monitor, you've lost 10C+ from the real peak temperatures, right?

From what I saw it's not QUITE that high (10C) but it does still drop very fast by the time you close a program/game and open up the monitor. Use the temperature monitor in your Forceware control panel ppl.....and only measure load temps with rthdribl running (in a window, but preferably stretched out to "full screen") so you can watch the temps WHILE the app is running, because I agree that some of you are reporting very low temps.....and checking them after closing an app or something is ridiculously inaccurate.

I don't know what the temps are. Is there an on-die thermal probe?

Gah, ppl need to read up a bit on their own cards sometimes. :rolleyes: ;)

Right click your desktop -> Nvidia Analog Display -> Temperature Settings (look down the left side)

CastleBravo said:
Set the desktop to a high resolution, run it in a window, stretch it out, and then turn up multisamples until you only get 20-30 FPS. :cool:

Listen people, this is what you should be doing.

Oh, and Bravo, thx for posting up the link.....just realised I hadn't bothered to give it out. :p

XFX 6800 NDD7 - stock clocks w/ Koolance Exos cooling
55°C GPU - 44°C Ambient (after playing Doom3)
50°C GPU - 35°C Ambient (idle after bootup)

XFX 6800GT @ Stock

Ambient Room: 21*C

Idle GPU: 40*C

Load GPU: 46*C

Cooling: Asetek Waterchill KT12A-L30 1/2" (CPU and GPU)

Load Test: 20 mins RTHDRIBL (load reading taken with program still active)

coz said:
XFX 6800GT @ Stock

Ambient Room: 21*C

Idle GPU: 40*C

Load GPU: 46*C

Cooling: Asetek Waterchill KT12A-L30 1/2" (CPU and GPU)

Load Test: 20 mins RTHDRIBL (load reading taken with program still active)

Have you tried pushing the core beyond 440MHz at all? Check out my thread if you're feeling up to flashing your cards BIOS for the extra voltage.....because with temps like that there's no reason why you shouldn't at least give it a try. Hell.....with a room temp of 19C I'm able to push my core with the NV5 up to 460MHz. Sadly, at 460MHz it's still merely a heat issue, as it locks up about halfway through Aquamark3. I'm stuck at "only" 450 sitting in my room that's about 22C.....but with a 46C load temp I'd like to see what I could do with MY card.....she only idles at 49C. :p

eVGA 6800 Ultra @ 450 / 1250 (probably have headroom left in both but this is the highest I've tried :p)

Room ambient temp: ~23-24 C
Idle: ~45-46 C
Load: 50 C

Cooling: MCW50 + Tweakmonster BGA ramsinks. Also water-cooling A64 3500+ and K8T800 Pro with MCW6000 and MCW20 blocks, respectively.

cornelious0_0 said:
Have you tried pushing the core beyond 440MHz at all?
Hey Corny (always wanted to say that, big Duckman fan right here!),

I tried 450MHz and that was a no-go, the limit is somewhere between 440-450MHz anyway. Air-cooling topped out at about 420MHz and nearly 90*C!! I thought about giving the ultra bios a go for more vcore but never tried it. I usually run stock clocks (or 400/1.0) for normal usage anyway so there's not that much point really. This card doesn't seem to be a monster overclocker anyway but 25% ain't too shabby (X800 guys would kill for that ;) ).

I would seriously recommend that you try the BIOS flash "step by step" that I put togethor.....I'd be well worth your time. Before the flash my temps were still in a very nice place with stock cooling but I could NOT do any more then 420MHz.....after the flash and still with stock cooling I was able to hit 435MHz no problem.....and now I'm at 450 with the NVSilencer.

Its obviously still up to you, but I think you might be pleasently surprised. ;)

BFGTech 6800O/C.

Idle:

Ambient: 35c
Core: 43c

LOAD:

Ambient: 45c
Core: 69c

Now how do i enable adjusting core + memory voltage in the stock nvidia drivers again? Coolbits or some such? Anyone know if the OC cards come bios-set to higher clocks or if i need to use their drivers? Haven't worried about it until now but i installed the stock nvidia drivers and this thread makes me wonder if i'm running at stock speeds or BFG OC speeds

BFG 6800 GT OC (OC to 430/1100)
63 C load / 43 Ambient
I believe I could get it to go a bit higher if my ambient case temps were lower, but thats the disadvantage of two CPUs. This is also using the "crappy" custom BFG custom cooler.

Gainward 6800 GT Non-GS
Stock Cooler
Stock Speeds
44 - 49 Idle
55 - 59 Load

400/1100
48 - 53 Idle
60 - 65 Load

Charlie

eVGA 6800GT 1.09/390
49C ambient
67C Idle
I-don't-want-to-know C Load

I'm stuffed two hot hard drives, a DVD burner and this card into an Antec Aria case. It's not gonna get much better. Maybe I should take the stock cooler off an put something better on...

6800GT @ 400/1100

57C Idle
70C Load

Live in Miami, prefer having my balconey windows open with fresh air over the AC, love the ocean breeze :)

cornelious0_0 said:
What are you doing to get your load temps? Open your control panel for the card, and run rthdribl, and stretch it so that it's taking up basically the whole screen.....and then bring your control panel to the front and watch the temp on the card. Let it sit there for 15-30 minutes and record the temp.

The only reason I said anything was because even though I know the Leadtek's cooler is a bit for "beefy".....a 10C rise in temperature is still kinda unusual for a GT overclocked to those levels. What are your case temps like? If you hadn't before I'd urge you to run rthdribl for about a half hour while you're watching the temperature in your control panel.....as it'll be your best reference.

mine jump 20c when doing that

Back