6800 owners, please check in

rahavsmt said:
Im waiting for my NV5 though, the stock silencer is very loud.

I'm guessing you meant stock COOLER.....unless Gainward has started contracting out Arctic Cooling to build "special" silencers for their cards. :p

O'Doyle said:
Pny 6800
GPU Temp: 66 C : Ambient Temp: 47C
//Stock Speeds: 325mhz Core/ 700 mhz Memory

Well I don't have one anymore. I had an AGP one a PNY 6800GT and my temps were almost exaclty like those quoted when it was stock. An NV5 Silencer almost knocked a full 10C off the temps under full load. Didn't do jack at idel speeds as I recall.

I'll let you know how the PCI-E one works out. (If the damn thing ever gets here)

just as a refresher; what would dangerous temps be? I tried 420/1100 with stock cooling and hit 79C while playing HL2 @ 1280X1024 getting 75-100 fps...but no graphical errors or anything.

Sparkle GeForce 6800 GT 256MB (350,1000)

Idle: 51C
Load: 83-93C

everybody try to test with ATI Tool. This makes card hotter than rthdribl.

evga 6800gt
40c idle
81c load (full screen rthdrbl)

also, its not OCed,...anyone know any way to to drop temps more? i have a the panel removed immedtialy below the card already..and i also have 4 case fans so air flow is decent.

xSyzygy666x said:
evga 6800gt
40c idle
81c load (full screen rthdrbl)

also, its not OCed,...anyone know any way to to drop temps more? i have a the panel removed immedtialy below the card already..and i also have 4 case fans so air flow is decent.

have you tried to re-apply the thermal compound but with AS5?
(honestly, it has been the best $13 I have ever spent)

Hedge said:
just as a refresher; what would dangerous temps be? I tried 420/1100 with stock cooling and hit 79C while playing HL2 @ 1280X1024 getting 75-100 fps...but no graphical errors or anything.

no errors = no problem

The temperatures could be as high as 100C, but if it isn't causing a problem, don't worry about it.

However, if you are concerned about long-term, you may want to re-apply compound but with AS5 as a TIM this time around, if that doesn't work... you may want to RMA it or find a different cooler :)

Ok thanks for the reply. I will try the as5 when I get a new gpu cooler.At 20-30 bucks it seems like a no brainer. Sounds like I still have some headroom though.

XFX PCI-E 6800 GT
61 C / Ambient 46 C

//Those temps are after 4 hours of gaming (NWN 1280x1024 4xAA, 8AF, High everything) in a Shuttle XPC with 2 SATA's in RAID0 and a DVDR-W. No PCI card in slot. I have no idea how this system handles all of that pressure, and the PS certainly isn't 350 W, but it is absolute butter in NWN as explained, DOOM3 HQ, Sacred Plus (which surprisingly seems to send the fans in a tizzy more than the other two....despite being locked at 1024x768 it seems to be quite a hog).

Haven't had a single lockup, hiccup or sniffle. No one cares anymore about 3dM2k3 scores, so I won't bore anybody, but this system rivals much bigger brothers and is the size of a shoe box. It's not exactly quiet, as I mentioned, but my issue was not silence - it was space. Headphones block out all that phan anyway :)

With a 19" LCD to gaze in awe at attached to this little rig, it's fans could wake the neighbors for all that I'd notice. I still don't know how it manages with such a small PS, and I suspect down the road I may develop issues, but for now it's all good. I think Shuttle offers a SFF 400 W PS, - I may have to dig into the piggy bank for one. A PM if you know of one that will fit in an XPC would keep this from turning into a hijack and would be much appreciated.

BFG 6800 OC
47° C/31°C Idle
67°C/44°C load

16x1/ 6VP enabled on stock cooling. No OC on the card except what BFG put there.

Albatron 6800NU (325/700)
Ambient - 38C
Core - 55C Idle/60C Load

Fan is incredibly loud during full load.

V0ltage said:
Albatron 6800NU (325/700)
Ambient - 38C
Core - 55C Idle/60C Load

Fan is incredibly loud during full load.

What are you using to get to that load temp of 60C.....I'm not calling you on this, because I know that the NU's typically run a fair bit cooler then other 6800 class cards.....but a 5C delta from idle to load doesn't seem very "real" to me, not on air cooling......care to fill us in? :p

BFG 6800 OC 16/6, stock:
50C idle
63C load
Stock cooling, 5x80mm fans, pretty good airflow
Can't raise anything at all, coolbits & rivatuner both say things are unstable, even at stock :(
I get some artifacting in Farcry, I hope it isn't enabling the pipes & instead the drivers.
Tried 71.24, 67.03, hopefully something will stop the artifacting, it really gets annoying :(

PNY Verto 6800 GT 420/1120
55 idle 63 load stock cooling

highly recomend Ultra flash

cornelious0_0 said:
What are you using to get to that load temp of 60C.....I'm not calling you on this, because I know that the NU's typically run a fair bit cooler then other 6800 class cards.....but a 5C delta from idle to load doesn't seem very "real" to me, not on air cooling......care to fill us in? :p

In windows, the fan is pretty quiet, when I ran rthdribl as big as it could go, the fan kicks in and is incredibly loud. After running it for around 10 mins it didnt get above 60C. Im guessing the fan just goes really, really fast and keeps it chilly. I always thought rthdribl maxed out your card but I could be wrong.

V0ltage said:
In windows, the fan is pretty quiet, when I ran rthdribl as big as it could go, the fan kicks in and is incredibly loud. After running it for around 10 mins it didnt get above 60C. Im guessing the fan just goes really, really fast and keeps it chilly. I always thought rthdribl maxed out your card but I could be wrong.

It is rthdribl that I always "tell" people to use to max out their cards load temps.....I'm just surprised that your GPU only sees a 5C rise.....interesting. :)

eVGA 6800GT
52c Idle
63c Load
Pretty hot room as my computer is right under the heat vent :(

Cryptic said:
eVGA 6800GT
52c Idle
63c Load
Pretty hot room as my computer is right under the heat vent :(

That's not a very good place for it at all.....I've got a heat vent coming down into teh center of my room.......but my comp is far enough away that it doesn't have TOO drastic an effect on my temps. ;)

eVGA 6800GT with NVsilencer 5
and AS5 newly applyed dont know true temps right now its 53c and 35 anbient 425mhz @ 1.14ghz

V0ltage said:

Hmmm, I just figured out where all the phan was coming from doh! :::smacks self::::

Yes, I have 62 C load temps, but the fan is LOUD

I thought it was the shuttle fan for the CPU. Is the XFX 6800 GT supposed to sound like a minor aircraft taking off while gaming? I guess if I was into flight sims, it might add to the ambience or something.

I play all games with headphones, though, so I only notice it when I have to take them off for some reason during gameplay.

Caffeinated said:
Hmmm, I just figured out where all the phan was coming from doh! :::smacks self::::

Yes, I have 62 C load temps, but the fan is LOUD

I thought it was the shuttle fan for the CPU. Is the XFX 6800 GT supposed to sound like a minor aircraft taking off while gaming? I guess if I was into flight sims, it might add to the ambience or something.

I play all games with headphones, though, so I only notice it when I have to take them off for some reason during gameplay.

Yeah, the fan is actually that loud.....I never had it kicked up during overclocking or testing.....and I only heard that speedup on the fan on boot....but seeing as I restart my computer like once every five days......if that.....it really didn't matter.

Then I finally got my NV5 and all was well. ;)

Caffeinated said:
Is the XFX 6800 GT supposed to sound like a minor aircraft taking off while gaming? I guess if I was into flight sims, it might add to the ambience or something.

AHAHA! :D

BFG 6800 Ultra Oc (Stock BFG Oc Speeds)

Core: 49-52 C
Core Under Load: 70 C
Ambient: 32 - 34C

On air cooling with 10 80mm fans :confused:

Pugger said:
BFG 6800 Ultra Oc (Stock BFG Oc Speeds)

Core: 49-52 C
Core Under Load: 70 C
Ambient: 32 - 34C

On air cooling with 10 80mm fans :confused:

10 as in "ten" fans???? Holy crap man, you must be doing something really wrong there buddy....I have only 1 ("one") 120mm fan in my system and my ambient temp is the same as yours....and I"m in a warm room here.

Time to figure out what's wrong with your setup.

Oh, my specs:

Core: 52C
Core Load: 65C
Ambient: 32-35C

P4 2.6GHZ o/c on air with zalman to 3.25GHZ running at 29C idle and 36C full load.

ScYcS said:
10 as in "ten" fans???? Holy crap man, you must be doing something really wrong there buddy....I have only 1 ("one") 120mm fan in my system and my ambient temp is the same as yours....and I"m in a warm room here.

Time to figure out what's wrong with your setup.

Oh, my specs:

Core: 52C
Core Load: 65C
Ambient: 32-35C

P4 2.6GHZ o/c on air with zalman to 3.25GHZ running at 29C idle and 36C full load.

Yeah ten fans.... :(

The house is like a sauna most of the time! its cold here in Scotland!

Saying that 2 are exhaust and ones a side Fan and the case i got is abit on the small side!

Have you tried reducing the amount of fans and monitor the difference? I can't even imagine that going with 4 or 5 fans will raise the temps. Maybe try getting 2 or 3 120mm case fans instead. They're quiter and they won't eat so much current either.

Scotland is beautiful btw, especially the northern highlands.

got the case side off and ive got two 80mm led fans blowing onto the GPU the exhausts and side are doing squat at the moment but bring in Dust! so im gonna disconnect them and see if it changes ne :)

ill report back!

'Yeah it rocks here... We got Snow this morning again :D

XFX 6800GT w/NV Silencer 5 OC to 400/1100
46 degrees idle/ 55 degrees load
Cooler Master ATC-201S

Well, my temps are going up, its 57 IDLE right now...as posted 2 or so posts up

help me

Back